A Time To Rejoice

Dude' date=' I am not saying that we have 1 billion cricketers to choose from , but we certainly have 10 times the resource pool to choose from then countries like SA, England or Australia etc where cricket is not even their main sport and can be described as fringe sports at best. And yet we suck ![/quote'] Why do England suck at football then? I have been watching the 4-yearly hype with a knowing smile for so long; and they never let me down!

I'm really happy Dhondy. I was very nervous and had heart in my mouth when Monty stuck Sree plumb in front, but was mightily relieved to see Bucknor shaking his head instead of nodding! Bumper, How did we take just 19 wickets?:confused_smile:

I'm really happy Dhondy. I was very nervous and had heart in my mouth when Monty stuck Sree plumb in front, but was mightily relieved to see Bucknor shaking his head instead of nodding! Bumper, How did we take just 19 wickets?:confused_smile:
Sorry my bad, i for some reaon thought England declared at 282/9

The draw is in the book. The earning isn't. Why keep trying to be a smarty pants, Bheemby ? It will alway read: India was 9 down when play was called off 7 minutes before tea. Hey, I'd be happy to escape with a draw in that situation too. I'd be heaping praise on Dhoni but at the same time, I'd lift my thankful eyes to the heavens where Sree was concerned.

It will alway read: India was 9 down when play was called off 7 minutes before tea.
yeah, if u are the kinda guy who looks at match reports of every match of every series.... 20 yrs down the line, wat remains most significant is the series score-line.... and it is still 0-0...
You don't earn a draw when time is lost on the last day and you're 9 down but kudos to you' date= Dhondy, for the good humour. :regular_smile:
Every result is earned. The weather is an integral part of the game , results have been influenced by it before. India hung around for 96 overs in the second innings. They well and truly earned the draw.
And using your own logic of how you earn something ... try applying that same logic as a bowler .... you dont earn a wkt just because the incompetent Umpire raised his finger ... you actually have to get the batsman out 1. caught as in caught of the bat (not thin air) ... 2. lbw as in hitting in line not pitching outseide leg and all that 3. run out ...etc etc ... well you get the drift
check mate, Donny...

This isnt morale boosting, this is relieving. As Donny rightly said, india didn't earn this draw- it got plain ol lucky with the rain-Gods. yes one can argue that India has been unlucky not to win at other times (when rain came to others' rescue) but as far as this match goes, India walks away with its 'confidence' shattered in its batting and very lucky not to be 1-0 down in the series. And India doesnt deserve to win either- when a country of 1 billion people cannot produce a single alltime great pace bowler in its cricketing history, it doesnt deserve to win series outside of its dustbowls. Its just that simple, really.

You don't earn a draw when time is lost on the last day and you're 9 down but kudos to you' date= Dhondy, for the good humour. :regular_smile:
India batted 96 Overs in the 4th innings, large parts of it under cloud cover. Going by India's recent record of saving matches, I'd say that's an earned draw. Do you mind, Donny? I didn't ask you to be happy, if you noticed?
Hey, I'd be happy to escape with a draw in that situation too. I'd be heaping praise on Dhoni but at the same time, I'd lift my thankful eyes to the heavens where Sree was concerned.
A 'not out' is a 'not out' full stop. And it wasnt out anyway, wasnt it - clipping the top of the stumps isnt out, is it?