Vaughan stuffed it for England?

King

Argggghhhh MAN! rain robbed India of a famous victory. I guess I will settle for a draw :haha: Great rear guard action from team India! Splitbottom ki _______ me tuta hua murgi ka anda! :hysterical:
This dude has a serious cut-paste/smiley disorder. Is this the 3rd or 4th time, u have been pasting away this cr@p in as many threads ? :giggle: WTF did u do this man varun ? Ever since ur wise crack on "rear guard action", GKD has been torturing us all thread after thread, with his great rear guard action.
Yes he did. The forecast was for the rain to take over at around noon. It got delayed by almost 4 hours but the casual attitude by England in the first session did cost them the match.
Cant quite believe people are questioning Vaughan's tactics , when India was 9 down and just a ball away from defeat.
Cant quite believe people are questioning Vaughan's tactics ' date=' when India was 9 down and just a ball away from defeat.[/quote'] That ball should have come half way through the second session than never have come at all if Vaughan wasn't busy jerking off while Tremlett was scratching his balls on his way back to his run up. I say keep it up Vaughan and co.
That ball should have come half way through the second session than never have come at all if Vaughan wasn't busy jerking off while Tremlett was scratching his balls on his way back to his run up.
Is that line the definition of the word speculation ?
The result is irrespective' date=' the fact is they were guilty of playing slow cricket. In fact they should have been more eager and get their overs in quickly. Of course as a captain you need to make your players aware of the over rate. Even if they were able to get in say about 4 overs an hour more they would have had this game in their bag. Now they must have under bowled about 10-16 overs. Does that tell a story?[/quote'] Well, it would if they were anywhere near the 10-16 overs short you mentioned. The ICC stipulation of 90 overs a day is set reckoning on 4 minutes per over. England actually bowled 28 & 27 overs in the two sessions and, considering 7 minutes were lost before tea, there's another 2 overs. So, in effect, they bowled 3 overs short of the required 60 overs. I think you'll find that's about the same rate achieved by Dravid/India. During the Windies 4 prong pace attack days, they deliberately slowed the over rate to a torturous 11-12 overs per hour. Batting teams were being denied around 20 overs in a full day. Because of this, the ICC brought in the 90 overs per day rule. However, captains/teams take little notice of it because the ICC has proven to be toothless in this regard. The assertion in this Test was MV cost his team by bowling less overs than required or could've been bowled but it also denies the opposition valuable balls to score runs from. I happen to think it's a blight on our game how captains get away with 'slowing the game' - and all captains do it. I don't have a solution to the problem because the obvious one of deducting or adding runs from or to a teams' total as punishment is distasteful in the extreme. Even fining teams or the captain will not ensure they bowl 90 overs in a full day. They'll still bowl 80 and cop the fine if it means they get a draw. ------------------------------------------------------------- Moores defends England's over-rate spacer.gif England coach Peter Moores has defended Michael Vaughan's tactics on the final day of the first Test against India after rain forced a draw with India nine down. There has been criticism that England weren't quick enough between overs even though they knew about the poor forecast. An over-rate of 15 per hour is meant to be maintained in Tests, although this is rarely managed by any team unless two spinners are bowling. During the morning session on Monday England bowled 28 overs and in nearly two sessions before the weather closed in sent down 55, despite 26 overs from Monty Panesar. "We have to look at the bigger picture," said Moores. "If we're a couple of overs short in a session because the captain has moved the field and it's gone towards getting a wicket then it's great. "We try to bowl our overs at a good rate and we've shown that we have done that over the summer against teams who sometimes haven't. Over the course of a game we've been able to maintain that without being fined and have done it the right way." England's inexperienced attack was expected to struggle against a powerful Indian batting line-up. However, James Anderson, Ryan Sidebottom and Chris Tremlett excelled to such an extent that Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and VVS Laxman made a top score of 40 between them. "At certain stages of the game it sometimes takes time to set things up and get things right and get people in the right places," said Moores. "I thought Michael Vaughan was outstanding in his captaincy and trying to winkle out some of the batsmen who were intent on staying there and trying to save a Test match. "Could we have saved a minute here or 30 seconds there, could we have run a bit harder to retrieve that ball? You could go on forever. They key thing for me is that we look at areas and the way we performed and we'll review it like we review everything good and bad because we need to make sure we move forward next time. "There are arguments either way, but I don't really think it was that influential to the outcome of the match and whether we'd have got another over - it was all about the momentum of the game and we just managed to swing it really strongly towards us before it rained." As with Vaughan, Moores was fulsome in his praise of the young bowlers who nearly managed to force victory. "As a coach you're always really pleased when people go out there and relax on the big stage and make sure they perform," he said. "We all know they've got to do that over a longer period of time, but it's great because someone like Jimmy, has worked really hard. --------------------------------------------------------------------- http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/engvind/content/current/story/303492.html