a petition/ PIL to the mods

observer1

yes - but you get a diesel 320 version in the uk' date=' as opposed to the usa[/quote'] i have a CLK 320 convertible. didn't know they were so much more expensive in the UK. here they are closer to the 60k range. i bought mine pre-owned. not a doc you see. :P

120 K should turn out to be about 60 K in British pounds Dhondy. The way Dollar is falling you can expect it to get down to 45-50 K by the end of the year I suppose. :sad_smile::sad_smile: Hang in there you may actually buy this puppy by the end of the year :D
No, I am happy with my beat up Honda Civic, Lurker. With living costs in the UK and the prospects of putting junior through school and university, I am one for the skid row.

No' date=' I am happy with my beat up Honda Civic, Lurker. With living costs in the UK and the prospects of putting junior through school and university, I am one for the skid row.[/quote'] Well Civics are the best value for money. And specially in a country like England where you do not really need a vehicle as much, thanks to good old surface transport. How is the living cost in London? I mean I am sure it is expensive but it is continuously on the way up or is it more or less stable?

Don't live in London, Lurker. If I did, it would be Nippa Perugua (or whatever the hell it was called) for me. London's impossible. You can't survive unless you are working in finance or private banking or in private practice as a Harley Street hotshot.

^^ Tell me about it. I have family in London, both husband wife highly educated professionals but rising costs seems to be an issue. I suppose if one can buy a residence then its not so bad. I mean other costs are not as much. Plus with surface transport being pretty decent you do save a lot of money(as opposed to owning a car say). All said England is good place to be. History, culture, cricket, sports books etc. The last one matters to me quite a bit since I absolutely love to walk over to the corner old book store and scavenge through some long lost cricket books. Or walk to a regular book store and browse through cricket selections - something I can only dream of in US. Good country overall. :thumbs_up:

As for PM we can allow it for someone like Observer that's been around for a long time. We did for Zooter although he didn't have 300 posts to his name earlier. I'll enable your PM feature Observer. I see the PM is already enabled Observer. Varun may have done it already.

^^ Tell me about it. I have family in London, both husband wife highly educated professionals but rising costs seems to be an issue. I suppose if one can buy a residence then its not so bad. I mean other costs are not as much. Plus with surface transport being pretty decent you do save a lot of money(as opposed to owning a car say). All said England is good place to be. History, culture, cricket, sports books etc. The last one matters to me quite a bit since I absolutely love to walk over to the corner old book store and scavenge through some long lost cricket books. Or walk to a regular book store and browse through cricket selections - something I can only dream of in US. Good country overall. :thumbs_up:
Hmmm, if you think like that, Lurker, no wonder you enjoy your visits to this country. It's a charming old place, and chockful of history. Yanks, in particular, love it. A wee bit expensive, and rotten weather, that's all.