A disgraceful moment in Indian cricketing history

Your jokes get lamer and lamer. Go back to looking at paintings. Many indians live abroad, what wrong with that! O wait I am not pure indian according to ATG troll!
You aint Indian, you a Brit cow dude :whack: India doesnt support dual citizenship, and we dont need Queen taxpayers like you :hysterical::hysterical: Stay far far away from India..and keep doing gaddari with those who feed you. By the way do you use NHS too :haha:
Tendulkar played for himself and not the team and that's a huge black mark. Even Mongia and Prabhakar did their "slow go" just once against WI but they were always remembered for the same. Same with SRT - in this innings he only played for himself and his 100.
There has to be term for folks who mourn throughout their lives over small blemishes (in an inconsequential match), and completely ignoring otherwise spectacular career ( at least for the most part).

I only followed intermittently on cricinfo while working, don't care much for Asia Cup. It seemed excruciating, though. No doubt. I sense the guys constantly bringing up the 'pathetic bowling' are missing the point. They are not actively trying to get hit for runs are they? There is no sense grouping this with a lack of skill of the bowlers. Wires are getting crossed here.

First of all, it is laughable to suggest that Sachin slowed down so much that it ended up costing us the game. Its not like we were 100 for 1 after 20 overs and he batted so slowly that we ended up with 222/4. That is unaccetable. In this scenario, we ended up frigging scoring nearly 300 runs. If we had asked the Indian team before they began to bat if they would be comfortable defending 290, we would have gotten a 100% yes vote. Leaving that aside, why not take a moment to consider what is going through Sachin's mind also? For the past one year, the words 'Sachin' and 'hundreth hundred' have always been in the same sentence. That is all that get talked about, wherever he goes, whether its a press conference, or a pre/post game interview or a television talk show or even a casual party. Because of this, the pressure caused by this on Sachin would have been so immensse that I am sure it certainly began to impact his batting, both in England and Australia, where he was sub-par. Any normal person would have simply buckled under the pressure. Maybe he was buckling too, maybe he simply wanted to get this moneky off his back and get done with so that he can move, focus on his batting and reclaim the kind of form that was on show prior to the world cup. And lets not forget the impact all the talk of this 100th 100 would have had on the team as well. Its impossible to be not distracted, even annoyed at this constant talk a statistical milestone. Maybe the patience was wearing thin on the Indian players as well who were probably only too keen to have this saga end. All this could have weighed on Sachin's mind when he entered the 80s, maybe he that is why he slowed down more than normal, so that ONCE AND FOR ALL HE CAN HAVE PEOPLE STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS DAMN THING! I am a shameless Sachin bakt, but even I would not hesitate to say that he has certain short-comings. But sacrificing team's interests for personal milestones is something he NEVER does, EVER! It is absurd, even blaspehemous to suggest so. People need to have some sense of perspective here - We are talking about a guy who has dedicated the last 23 years of his life to the game, his team and country. The reason why he still plays the game with the level of desire and enthusiasm that he has today goes far beyond a desperation for frivolous statistical milestones. Anyone who does not understand this are either ignorant, or living in denial. You guys dont even deserve an explanation.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Did you even watch the match when Bhagwaan was pottering around for singles desperately to get to his mahashatak instead of going for the big sots as any batsman except bhagwaan would have done in that situation?
First of all' date=' it is laughable to suggest that Sachin slowed down so much that it ended up costing us the game. [/quote'] May be not! From cricinfo: 1) This was SRT's second slowest 100-plus ODI innings (of the 49 100s he has made) 2) He reached 80 of 102 balls & then took a further 36 balls to reach 100. That's a strike rate of 55 (between 80-100) when India required acceleration from a set batsman.
the flaw in your analogy is ..when we were batting.. we are "not already late to the airport". We were actually doing pretty good time "getting to the airport" by having 290 on the board.. but then our driver in the second half (our bowlers).. decide to take a long break to eat paan, chat with friends over the cell phone.. and then crash the car into a tree.
290 = 60 mins, remember you have to plan for 90 mins :winky:
There has to be term for folks who mourn throughout their lives over small blemishes (in an inconsequential match)' date=' and completely ignoring otherwise spectacular career ( at least for the most part).[/quote'] They are called perfectionists like Tendulkar not idiotic fan boys like you.
Actually 2nd best after Gavaskar but in odis he is the greatest ever for India' date=' which nobody ever contested. And that's [b']why it is a such a shock as frankly I never expected such an innings from him.
Had it happened one year back, in WC matches - I would have been shocked. But honestly, today I was expecting him to be prepared to look ugly - just to get rid of this paparrazi created monster. On other day, against same side - in some must-win match - he would not have done that. (e.g. CB series match against SL). And this is not the first time in the history of cricket when some out-of-form batsman has grind it out to get back on the track. Remember the in-form Gambhir's roar in the last match? Did you notice the grace in celebrations / interview today?
I feared this would happen if we lose against BD after Sachin scored century .Right now ICF have turned into a battle field between Sachin followers and Haterz .Haterz are enjoying every moment of it ,but the end result is we lost the match . Credit should be given to Bangladesh for restricting us for a total like 289 and chasing it down.
No Indian fan enjoys seeing his/her team lose, especially to the likes of B'desh. But what hurts more is that a player, senior-most one at that, put his individual interests ahead of the team's. I am as pissed today as I was when I watched Mongia and Prabhakar went slow against WI in 90s while the asking rate was 9 rpo. I would rather they had gone for it and gtten bowled out. Same here - I would rather Tendulkar got out in quest for quick runs than score a very selfish 100 which cost India the match and face.
They are called perfectionists like Tendulkar not idiotic fan boys like you.
Perfectionist and you / your type. :hysterical: . A word more would be personal, so I will leave it here (tera perfect resume chhaappon yahan pe?). But you ( and most of the mourners here) are anything but perfectionist.
Had it happened one year back, in WC matches - I would have been shocked. But honestly, today I was expecting him to be prepared to look ugly - just to get rid of this paparrazi created monster. On other day, against same side - in some must-win match - he would not have done that. (e.g. CB series match against SL). And this is not the first time in the history of cricket when some out-of-form batsman has grind it out to get back on the track. Remember the in-form Gambhir's roar in the last match? Did you notice the grace in celebrations / interview today?
It wasn't "grinding it out". It was "lemme get a 100 at any cost and phuck the team". Yup Gambhir's reaction was extreme but his knock wasn't anywhere close to SRT's. He scored 100 off 114 and never pottered around forver to get to his 100.
Just a few hours ago this innings was considered so unimportant that people were saying it was "a meaningless innings in a meaningless match against minnows" but now that we have lost' date=' the same people consider that innings to be so important they they are saying "India lost because of the 100"[/quote'] LOL - Argument by Fallacy.... Just a few hours ago this innings was considered so unimportant that people were saying it was "a meaningless innings in a meaningless match against minnows" - - TRUE OR FALSE doesnt matter but now that we have lost, the same people consider that innings to be so important they they are saying "India lost because of the 100" - TRUE GOD - please explain why is the second argument contingent upon the first. As a fan, I still want to win a match. Another line of argument - Australia playing Zimbabwe is meaningless until Australia loses. It becomes meaningful after that because fans want you to win. I dont think its that hard - you are just playing with the mere mortals :dance: :two_thumbs_up:
There has to be term for folks who mourn throughout their lives over small blemishes (in an inconsequential match)' date= and completely ignoring otherwise spectacular career ( at least for the most part).
When you play for your team and represent your nation, there's no inconsequential game. Putting your interests ahead of the team's is a big No-No, and there's no justifiatin for doing so.
First of all, it is laughable to suggest that Sachin slowed down so much that it ended up costing us the game. Its not like we were 100 for 1 after 20 overs and he batted so slowly that we ended up with 222/4. That is unaccetable. In this scenario, we ended up frigging scoring nearly 300 runs. If we had asked the Indian team before they began to bat if they would be comfortable defending 290, we would have gotten a 100% yes vote. Leaving that aside, why not take a moment to consider what is going through Sachin's mind also? For the past one year, the words 'Sachin' and 'hundreth hundred' have always been in the same sentence. That is all that get talked about, wherever he goes, whether its a press conference, or a pre/post game interview or a television talk show or even a casual party. Because of this, the pressure caused by this on Sachin would have been so immensse that I am sure it certainly began to impact his batting, both in England and Australia, where he was sub-par. Any normal person would have simply buckled under the pressure. Maybe he was buckling too, maybe he simply wanted to get this moneky off his back and get done with so that he can move, focus on his batting and reclaim the kind of form that was on show prior to the world cup. And lets not forget the impact all the talk of this 100th 100 would have had on the team as well. Its impossible to be not distracted, even annoyed at this constant talk a statistical milestone. Maybe the patience was wearing thin on the Indian players as well who were probably only too keen to have this saga end. All this could have weighed on Sachin's mind when he entered the 80s, maybe he that is why he slowed down more than normal, so that ONCE AND FOR ALL HE CAN HAVE PEOPLE STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS DAMN THING! I am a shameless Sachin bakt, but even I would not hesitate to say that he has certain short-comings. But sacrificing team's interests for personal milestones is something he NEVER does, EVER! It is absurd, even blaspehemous to suggest so. People need to have some sense of perspective here - We are talking about a guy who has dedicated the last 23 years of his life to the game, his team and country. The reason why he still plays the game with the level of desire and enthusiasm that he has today goes far beyond a desperation for frivolous statistical milestones. Anyone who does not understand this are either ignorant, or living in denial. You guys dont even deserve an explanation.
You are living in the past. The Sachin of present is good, but only a shadow of the past. Every cricketer likes to prolong his career as much as possible, until he gets kicked out. Very rarely do you see Indian players retire at 35. Today was the best example to observe his thirst for personal records at the expense of the team, and as a shamless Sachin bhakt, you will obviously be blind to it. India did not get 290 because of Sachin 100, but inspite of the ton. Sachin = 114/147; Others=175/153;
But that's the point! Why should there ever be a point when team's interests take backseat to an individual's? You are representing your nation and personal pride means a lot. Do you think it's ok for us to lose a game against B'desh and become the laughing stock of world cricket just so that one individual can reach his personal landmarks? I am not denying our bowling was not to blame - in fact in a thread I started I put equal blame on bowlers and Dinda whose 18 run over changed the curse of the match. But surely Tendulkar has to be called out as he was the difference between a 289 and 320 score today.
Not in context with this particular game but that is part and parcel of every team. In all facets of life we see that individuals come together to form a team. While usually individuals sacrifice their personal interests for the team's cause it is neither immoral nor unethical for the team to sacrifice its interests once in a while for an individual. In fact it happens in every profession and every endeavor of human life more often than you think. Also the main reason for individuals to come together to form a team is based on self interest - it is a belief that with a little bit of sacrifice of personal interest in some areas there will be more gained overall for individual interests in most areas.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Did you even watch the match when Bhagwaan was pottering around for singles desperately to get to his mahashatak instead of going for the big sots as any batsman except bhagwaan would have done in that situation?
are you new to cricket? From when did it become "normal" for people to be playing shots when they are close to a milestone.. not to mention a milestone of such proportions??" How could anyone in their right minds say "instead of going for big s(h)ots" when it is in reference to getting a century!.. new heights (or lows) of desperation here.
Perfectionist and you / your type. :hysterical: . A word more would be personal' date=' so I will leave it here. But you ( and many of the mourners here) are anything but perfectionist.[/quote'] I am not one, but I certainly don't pretend to be one like you who doesn't even know which way average will shift by adding some numbers, Physics pe gyaan chahiya akshayji hain, nutrition pe chahiya wahan bhi akshayji expert hain! :laugh: A bhikaari like you goes for bheek on an online forum looking for replies claiming that no one champion him except professors from MIT and gets his ***** owned regularly. A bhikaari like you asks for bheek for replies but when the replies don't suit his agenda ignores the thread! I am not a perfectionist, but you certainly are an online bhikaari.