A disgraceful moment in Indian cricketing history

Bumps' date='[b'] its not fair to view stats in isolation. We scored 86 runs in the last 10 overs. How is that 'deceleration'? Yes, maybe could have scored 10-15 runs more, but that shouldnt blind you from the fact that we still put together a formidable total on the board.
huh ? I don't see whats unfair in that..
I dont need to watch the game to know what is the mindset with which Sachin plays for his team/country. If after 23 years, you still want to doubt his intentions/committment, be my guest.
Maybe you do need to watch the game before commenting on something you haven't seen. Today's performance was beyond pathetic and it was evident he could care less for the team as long as he scored a 100.
Frankly I have never seen it happen in cricket other than the now infamous Mongia-Prabhakar "go slow" against WI after which they were both dropped. The whole point of sports is to compete and win and not to play the sport for personal landmarks and milestones. When personal milestones become the taret instead of a win it means there's a problem and seriously today's performance was simply pathetic. I never expected any of our players to play like how SRt did today. I can accept it if we are not good enough but it's hard to digest the fact we lost not because we were not good enough but coz a player put his interests ahead of the team's.
I think you are over reacting to what transpired today. But you have a right to your opinion and you have a right to judge whomever you want to in whichever you want to. Maybe the events of today are too fresh in the mind right now and that is why you are unable to recall that at almost every 100 that a cricketer makes he reduces taking risks once he gets into the 80s and 90s to get done with reaching his 100. And usually changes gears immediately. Sachin's innings today has no comparison to Prabhakar's century because both of them came under different contexts. But you have a right to judge them. However, you also have the choice to view it from more perspectives than the one you have chosen now in order to not be judgmental about it. Because you know, life has a way of making us go through the experiences that we choose to judge very strongly morally, especially when the judgment is negative. So maybe you might understand the innings better and your own reaction to it better when you are put in a situation where you need your team to understand your actions (especially given the amount of sacrifices and good times you have given to them) and the team chooses to judge you instead. Try a different perspective
I am not one, but I certainly don't pretend to be one like you who doesn't even know which way average will shift by adding some numbers, Physics pe gyaan chahiya akshayji hain, nutrition pe chahiya wahan bhi akshayji expert hain! :laugh: A bhikaari like you goes for bheek on an online forum looking for replies claiming that no one champion him except professors from MIT and gets his ***** owned regularly. A bhikaari like you asks for bheek for replies but when the replies don't suit his agenda ignores the thread! I am not a perfectionist, but you certainly are an online bhikaari.
aa gayi chipkali auqat pe? Where is your gold plated email from MIT again? Jis gali ka tu raja bana firta hai, wahan pe merey kuttey bhi mootna pasand nahi kartey.
Just a few hours ago this innings was considered so unimportant that people were saying it was "a meaningless innings in a meaningless match against minnows" but now that we have lost' date=' the same people consider that innings to be so important they they are saying "India lost because of the 100"[/quote'] Exactly. Thats why I am calling them dumbos, who are just blind to some much bigger problem(i.e. Indian bowling that can't defend 290 against mighty bangos). These people r arguing just for the sake of arguement. :weights:
Frankly I have never seen it happen in cricket other than the now infamous Mongia-Prabhakar "go slow" against WI after which they were both dropped. The whole point of sports is to compete and win and not to play the sport for personal landmarks and milestones. When personal milestones become the taret instead of a win it means there's a problem and seriously today's performance was simply pathetic. I never expected any of our players to play like how SRt did today. I can accept it if we are not good enough but it's hard to digest the fact we lost not because we were not good enough but coz a player put his interests ahead of the team's.
REALLY!!!.. lets start with Lara's 400.
If a team of 11 international players, WC winners can lose, solely due to 15-20 balls of slow scoring by one person - against a team ranked last. Then that team deserves to lose. What about the selfish pursuits of Kohli / Gambhir against a better team - SL. Weren't we 20-30 runs short that day also? I already said - he shares a part of blame, not whole. While bowling, we were in winning position for larger part of the match. Besides, Pakistan already showed how to tame bangbros in even smaller total.
No, the issue is not whether the team deserves to lose or not. The issue at hand is that we didn't give of our best coz a player was more keen on getting a 100 than getting a bigger total for the team. If we had simply lost, like we could have against SL or like we did against B'desh in 2007, it would have been ok as we were simply not good enough. The reason this defeat is so galling and I feel so upset is that our seniormost batsman played for himself and not the team. Yes, our bowling is pathetic but it's just that our bowling sucks but SRT's batting was not due to it not being good enough but it was deliberate and he batted the way he did so that he could score a 100.
lundfakeer gold ki hi baatein kartein hain. Puraane zamaaane mein kahvat hoti thi aadmi ki aukaad uske jutoon se pata lagti hai - in modern days it translates to aadmi ki aukaad uski Gold ki baaton se pata chalti hai.
Glen Beck bakht hoga...jaane do :hysterical: Kal helmet ka rona ro reha tha..Reminds me of the Mukesh song Ye na hota to koi doosra ghum hona tha main to woh hoon jisse har haal mein bas rona tha Akshay koi nahin, bade budhon, aur badi bi ka deemag satak gaya aaj. Tum to phir bhi theek thaak ho hero.

Yaar, guys please stop this personal abusing yaar. You may not realize now but as someone on rsc had mentioned to me once - whatever we say will remain here for a long time and they will not make good reading. Forget about others, when we ourselves read them at a later time we will feel ashamed of ourselves. Come on guys just please get a perspective about this whole thing - pls stop abusing each other like this

I think you are over reacting to what transpired today. But you have a right to your opinion and you have a right to judge whomever you want to in whichever you want to. Maybe the events of today are too fresh in the mind right now and that is why you are unable to recall that at almost every 100 that a cricketer makes he reduces taking risks once he gets into the 80s and 90s to get done with reaching his 100. And usually changes gears immediately. Sachin's innings today has no comparison to Prabhakar's century because both of them came under different contexts. But you have a right to judge them. However, you also have the choice to view it from more perspectives than the one you have chosen now in order to not be judgmental about it. Because you know, life has a way of making us go through the experiences that we choose to judge very strongly morally, especially when the judgment is negative. So maybe you might understand the innings better and your own reaction to it better when you are put in a situation where you need your team to understand your actions (especially given the amount of sacrifices and good times you have given to them) and the team chooses to judge you instead. Try a different perspective
I wish I could take today's performance as well as you are able to but i am not able to. That Prabhakar-Mongia effort was the worst incident I have ever seen in my life and after the game I never wanted to have Mongia and Prabhakar in the team ever again coz they played for themselves and not the team. Today's performance from SRT, though not as bad as the Mongia-Prabhakar one, is similar and comes 2nd on the list of incidents I have seen. Other incidents which i am not proud of as an Indian fan are Bedi declaring innings against WI in 76 and Bedi once again conceding a odi against Pakis in late 76 coz Pakis were bowling bouncers every ball. Though I didn't witness the last 2 incidents I wish an ndian captain wuld have continued to play on and didn't just give up and walk out of the game. IMO today's incident ranks 2nd on the list after Mongia-Prabhakar one but before the Bedi declaration/concedes. You may have a different perspective but that's how I feel about it.
Yaar, guys please stop this personal abusing yaar. You may not realize now but as someone on rsc had mentioned to me once - whatever we say will remain here for a long time and they will not make good reading. Forget about others, when we ourselves read them at a later time we will feel ashamed of ourselves. Come on guys just please get a perspective about this whole thing - pls stop abusing each other like this
Seriously Vijay, today is such a effed up day, its hard to see any other way thru. We got our butt handed by Bangbros gloriously, Sachin scores slowest century in BD in last 2 years. Humor is the best medicine I say. Munni Bai hum daroo daal ke haajir hain, jaldi thumka lagaane aao meri Sri Devi! :cheer::cheer:
Glen Beck bakht hoga...jaane do :hysterical: Kal helmet ka rona ro reha tha..Reminds me of the Mukesh song Ye na hota to koi doosra ghum hona tha main to woh hoon jisse har haal mein bas rona tha Akshay koi nahin, bade budhon, aur badi bi ka deemag satak gaya aaj. Tum to phir bhi theek thaak ho hero.
Don't know what the Indian equivalent of Glenn Beck is, but the chewtiya is on record that his intellect should be compared to only MIT and Stanford professors despite not even knowing which way the average of a sample would shift by adding a data point!:hysterical:
and what constitutes 90 mins in your analogy will be a sliding scale. You think 320 would be enough here.. remember when we made over 400 runs against sri lanka and sri lanka lost only by 10 or 15 runs!... we are at the mercy of our bowlers.. plain and simple.
Ten played approx. 25 overs at 4.6 per over .... that's not acceptable on such pitches At the break, I guess, the team would have felt that it could have got more if not for the 'slowing down' On such pitches, with 20 overs of PP and the impact T20s have made, I think teams would have a 50% chance of chasing down anything around 300. So yeah, I think a score of 320+ would have helped