Lara V Tendulkar

AT 100 Test mark, Sachin had 7 more centuries in 16 less innings than Brian Lara at the same 100 Test mark in his career. SRT - 100 Tests mark AVG - 57.96 Centuries - 30 Lara - 100 Tests mark AVG - 52.14 Centuries - 23 The fact is that, Lara never caught up with SRT. There was point in time when Lara had 34 Test centuries while Sachin had 35. That's the closest Lara got to SRT. Lara quit cricket because he was not capable of playing any longer. SRT, even today, smashes centuries. #true story

Name sachin's 10 best knocks out of 22 years of career where he saved India from defeat under pressure then we're talking? It will be an achievement if you can think of 10 to start with.
I can mention one which is probably one of the greatest innings in odis. His 98 against Pakis in 2003 WC. People were talking about that game a year before the WC and the pressure was so intense that most of the players couldn't even sleep properly the night before. On top of that Pakistan put up a pretty good score (273 in SA is no laughing matter) and had the likes of Wasim, Waqar, Akhtar (who had bowled 100 mph+ the previous game), Razzaq in their bowling lineup. That onslaught by Tendulkar has to be one of the greatest cricketing moments ever and one of the greatest counter-attacks. In fact Akhtar was so shell shocked he didn't even want the 2nd over and refused to bowl when Wasim asked him to. I saw Wasim's interview last year and he mentioned it was the only time he had seen a bowler refusing to bowl to a batsman :hatsoff:
Name sachin's 10 best knocks out of 22 years of career where he saved India from defeat under pressure then we're talking? It will be an achievement if you can think of 10 to start with.
Read the post I made before jumping to write. I did not say that in terms of matchwinning knocks Sachin is better than Lara. In fact the opposite. To judge greatness it is one criterion, but not the only one. Others are longevity, consistency, records and avg, how players/commentators rate one, technique, array of strokes, etc etc. Gavaskar is hailed as one the greatest openers of all time. Even he had this issue of not contributing to India's wins frequently. In that respect, I rate VVS as the MVP of the Indian team.
I can mention one which is probably one of the greatest innings in odis. His 98 against Pakis in 2003 WC. People were talking about that game a year before the WC and the pressure was so intense that most of the players couldn't even sleep properly the night before. On top of that Pakistan put up a pretty good score (273 in SA is no laughing matter) and had the likes of Wasim, Waqar, Akhtar (who had bowled 100 mph+ the previous game), Razzaq in their bowling lineup. That onslaught by Tendulkar has to be one of the greatest cricketing moments ever and one of the greatest counter-attacks. In fact Akhtar was so shell shocked he didn't even want the 2nd over and refused to bowl when Wasim asked him to. I saw Wasim's interview last year and he mentioned it was the only time he had seen a bowler refusing to bowl to a batsman :hatsoff:
corresponding to this innings, comes lara`s innings in the opening game of the world cup against saffers. they were in sh1thole nd lara came in a very pressure situaion, got a ton, bailed the team out nd they won the game, very important that knock :hatsoff:
Let me name another one. CB series finals 117* against Australia 2008. A big final, pressure of a chase he makes sure that India goes through to take 1-0 lead in the best of 3 finals.
corresponding to this innings' date=' comes lara`s innings in the opening game of the world cup against saffers. they were in sh1thole nd lara came in a very pressure situaion, got a ton, bailed the team out nd they won the game, very important that knock :hatsoff:[/quote'] Sure was since we were talking pressure, nothing can beat the 2003 Ind-Pak WC game. Ind-Pak hadn't played in ages and that match was highlighted and talked about a year before the WC.
corresponding to this innings' date=' comes lara`s innings in the opening game of the world cup against saffers. they were in sh1thole nd lara came in a very pressure situaion, got a ton, bailed the team out nd they won the game, very important that knock :hatsoff:[/quote'] More topi time :hatsoff:
Set target (optional)' date='[b'] team in problem, you play the knock that takes your team out of it. This is pressure in cricket cuz you've men around the bat and bowlers can bowl countless over on you.
You can find numerous examples of setting target. Please help yourself with relevant stats-turbation. Lets talk about the other one. When do you realize the team is in problem?

I admit I have never been a Lara fan. Sure he is an ATG, but I do not like his style, the pronounced backlift that too not straight and initial trigger motion. He just did not look classical to me. Now Viv, I liked everything about him. The swagger, the strokes very classical.

True, that knock and 2 knocks of sharjah one can remember easily. Truly awesome knocks all of them. But the list would not go far more than 7-8 knocks. Given that Tendulkar played for 22 years. 1 extra ordinary knock in 2 years is not a tough ask. That means he should have at least got 10-11 memorable knocks that one could easily remember on tips. Must add Kohli already has 2 knocks under pressure taking India to win that people will remember throughout his career and he has just started.
u can say that. no one expects you to do well. good performance is a bonus.
Sreesanth is world class based on talent. Donald, Kirsten and Chappell have said he is one of the most skilled bowlers in the world. Tum kon hoi :cantstop: Santh has been screwed over my Mahi and also because he excels at everything he has been unable to cope with his talent. Bit like Tindu going out in 90's and quest for 100th 100.
Sreesanth is world class based on talent. Donald, Kirsten and Chappell have said he is one of the most skilled bowlers in the world. Tum kon hoi :cantstop: Santh has been screwed over my Mahi and also because he excels at everything he has been unable to cope with his talent. Bit like Tindu going out in 90's and quest for 100th 100.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure Can't come up with a more objective definition. In any case, Tendulkar has played enough innings under pressure. People who think otherwise are just oblivious to reality.
With that definition, every player plays under more or less same pressure - give or take few pascals based on few parameters (humidity, temperature, GPS coordinates...) So, VVS's 'pressure' innings in a given match is no more difficult than anyone else's.
With that definition, every player plays under more or less same pressure - give or take few pascals based on few parameters (humidity, temperature, GPS coordinates...) So, VVS's 'pressure' innings in a given match is no more difficult than anyone else's.
Why so serious? :yess: