Lara V Tendulkar

I am sure, you must hv a reason to go for that and that's what counts .... But surprised that you would pick SRT over Lara in a 5 match series as Lara tends to warm up well to deliver big 100s in 4 to 5 test series I would pick Lara in tests and Ten in Odis. Overall (tests+odis) Ten probably has an edge but since I give more weight-age to tests, I would pick Lara if forced to pick b/w the two
Lara is indeed that big occasion, big match player who may well likely individually win games for you. Hence, the pick for the 1 game scenario. Coming to the 3-5 series, well it's difficult but I want to be cautious in my approach. I can bank on Tendulkar putting in a 100 or so in any 3-5 match Test series. But, here's the catch - what if the series reaches a nail biting decider? I will have Lara back again. So probably, I will start with Tendulkar over Lara in a 2-5 Test match series and if need be will play Lara. As far as ODIs, none better than Tendulkar. :agree:
But at least Sachin fans try to bring some sort of stats or start a discussion. On the other side are people like you' date=' making juvenile posts like these, bringing in tons of smileys and all in all proving you have no point at all.[/quote'] if stats define a player , then sachins stats will be boosted by his innings like 100th 100.. :hysterical::hysterical:
Since people have discussed so much about both batsman lets discuss something really very basic: As a Batsman, both are one of the best stroke players,lets look at the shots: Forward Defence: Both at par. Head still and foot reaches to pitch of the ball. Backfoot Defence: Lara is better. Sachin, seldom plays Backfoot Defence for him going to backfoot is only for stroke making. This makes Lara handle spinners well. Straight Drive: Sachin. No one in the world comes better. Cover Drive: Both equal. Timing, placement, foot movement both have perfect. Glance towards mid wicket: Sachin and Dravid are probably the greatest player for this stroke. Leg Glance towards Fine Leg: Lara used his wrist much better way than Sachin. Pull Shot: I havent seen any player other than Kapil Paaji to play Natraj shot better than LAra. Lara wins here, infact most of the LHB are better. Orthodox Sweep: Lara is better Pedal Sweep: Sachin plays much better. Hook Shot: I havent seen Sachin ever playing this shot. Have seen Lara once it was not as awesome as Amarnath but it was good so Lara better. Square Cut: Both are equal. Lara has slight edge here because even though both play this shot beautifully but something was there in Lara shot which looked good to eyes. Any shot Over Third man: Lara never played this shot. Sachin wins hands down. Lofted Drive: If its above bowlers head, Sachin is better but if the shot is towards long on or long off Lara better. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type of Bowlers: Express Pace like Akhtar or Steyn: Sachin is better because of his low batlift, Lara has such a high batlift that its disadvantage to play anything on or around 95 MPH. Medium Pace (Swinging condition): Lara is better in handling. Medium Pace (Bouncy or SubContinent condition): Sachin is much better Off Spin: Even though its leg spin for Lara but he plays off spinners in general much better Leg Spin: Sachin reads googly much better than any other batsman. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Off Field: Discipline: Sachin wins Longevity: Sachin Consistence: Sachin Humbleness: Sachin Handling Pressure: Sachin Cricketing Brain: Sachin Better Role Model: Sachin ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ On his day Lara is the most destructive player and if I have to select a team for one match I will prefer Lara but overall Sachin has slight edge over Lara.
what an analysis , though i dont agree with everything , you had put lots of efforts :hatsoff:
there is a reason im trolling .. do u expect me to reply seriously ? i dont agree with either of u guys all im seeing is 2 legends,2 of my fav cricketers getting bashed here w/o any reason.. instead of celebrating 23 years of gr8 service we see most disgraceful moment thread and then.. we see dravid bashing right after he retired and sahcin compared to mother teresa? :cantstop: im glad im not serious .. jsut proves im still sane :P
even i dont hate sachin but the fanatics are responsible for sachin getting bashed :hatsoff: there were threads in other forum , insane sachinsta claimed that sachin is the richest cricketer ever and kept on defending his point :nervous::nervous: obviously no one wants to miss an opportunity ti troll those fellas :hatsoff:
even i dont hate sachin but the fanatics are responsible for sachin getting bashed :hatsoff: there were threads in other forum , a insane sachinsta claimed that sachin is the richest cricketer ever and kept on defending his point :nervous::nervous: obviously no one wants to miss an opportunity ti troll those fellas :hatsoff:
so i was not the only one :hysterical:

Pertinent to this debate, a team mate's view of Lara

Recently retired West Indies wicketkeeper/batsman Ridley Jacobs left no stone unturned as he slammed the state of West Indies cricket and especially former captain Brian Lara. Jacobs said poor captaincy was the main reason behind their weak performances in recent years. “Honestly, the biggest problem is the skipper,” Jacobs told Essential, a bi-monthly magazine covering his native Antigua and Barbuda. “The skipper sets the tone for the whole team. You can’t be captain and always in the spotlight. You can’t be a good captain and have an attitude when you don’t do well. “A captain has to be able to motivate his team. He can’t afford to be selfish. With this captain, it is not for the love of the game anymore, it’s for him.”
http://www.indianexpress.com/oldStory/69752/ A team mate calling Lara selfish and playing for himself.
do you really think that option hasnt been tried ? take your own case here ... do you really think you are going to agree with Me or SD no matter how many facts we put ? You will quite simply argue for the sake of arguing as you are here mainly to troll and spite others as this is the means of entertainment in your sad life. This quite frankly bothers me as I didn't spend days and nights building this site only to see it become a haven for trolls.
i had a genuine view that sachin is selfish and i was trolled for saying that he is selfish but now i can rest my case.. my view was accepted by sachin through 100th 100..:two_thumbs_up: when i was trolled why i should not troll when i get a chance ?? and you cant play victim card here , trolls and you are same . when you troll others you shld expect more and more will troll sachinstas , and it applies to other fans too but i never doubted about sachin's batting ability , who else can bat like same from 16 to 40 ??
who trolled you ? certainly not me. Dravid ... for an entire friggin decade :hysterical:
i meant age not the runs :haha::haha: surely whatever we say , you are relating to the same point ( ie slowish sachin innings ) :two_thumbs_up:
even i had the same view abt Lara , but he was playing for a Loser team , what else can you expect from him ?? but as far as the batting is concerned, Lara is a better batsmen than sachin and this was endorsed by so many players :hatsoff:
If lara was playing for a looser team , sachin was no better from the time he started playing up untill 2003 it was an One man army... Sure dravid dada chipped in here and there once in a while but it was mostly Tendus innings that decided our Fate..... And lara playing for a looser team that is BS he had Ambrose and walsh and Ian Bishop at their peak and batting he had hooper and richi richardson and how easily people say lara played for a looser team.... WI were a poor team from 98 on wards that is all not before that
If lara was playing for a looser team ' date=' sachin was no better from the time he started playing up untill 2003 it was an One man army... Sure dravid dada chipped in here and there once in a while but it was mostly Tendus innings that decided our Fate..... And lara playing for a looser team that is BS he had Ambrose and walsh and Ian Bishop at their peak and batting he had hooper and richi richardson and how easily people say lara played for a looser team.... WI were a poor team from 98 on wards that is all not before that[/quote'] i tests dravid played more match winning , match saving innings than teenda.. if you want i am ready for a debate or stats.. as i posted b4 , sehwag has equal number of MoS as sachin in tests in half the number of matches.. :hatsoff: dont know why you want to bring dravid here, argument is about sachin vs lara.. i cant help yourself if you think lara played for a cricket powerhouse :hitler:
i tests dravid played more match winning , match saving innings than teenda.. if you want i am ready for a debate or stats.. as i posted b4 , sehwag has equal number of MoS as sachin in tests in half the number of matches.. :hatsoff: dont know why you want to bring dravid here, argument is about sachin vs lara.. i cant help yourself if you think lara played for a cricket powerhouse :hitler:
Sheawag is an FTB... Dravid choked when it counted he was needed at RSA and he crumbled