Lara V Tendulkar

lol .. another one Sachintards Before 100th 100: "Tendulkar is not selfish and never played any selfish innings" :yay::yay: Sachintards After 100th 100: "Ok. Only 100th 100 is selfish that too bcoz of the hype created" :nervous::nervous:
THIS. Sachinistas can never put country before personal records. Even at the forum level they keep looking at their own posts when they will be reaching 1000/10000 / 100..... posts milestone , forum join date etc
THIS. Sachinistas can never put country before personal records. Even at the forum level they keep looking at their own posts when they will be reaching 1000/10000 / 100..... posts milestone , forum join date etc
Yes. Look at Sachin=Gods sig "When people throw stones at you, you turn them into milestones Sachin Tendulkar He should change it to "When Bang throw pies at you, you turn them into a match losing ton :giggle:
Yes. Look at Sachin=Gods sig "When people throw stones at you, you turn them into milestones Sachin Tendulkar He should change it to "When Bang throw pies at you, you turn them into a match losing ton :giggle:
So now apart from all Indian bowlers (except Sreesanth) there's one more guy you hate :hatsoff:
So now apart from all Indian bowlers (except Sreesanth) there's one more guy you hate :hatsoff:
I don't hate all Indian seamers. I like Nehra, ZK and Srinath. I meant the ones in the squad I can't stand. I don't hate Tindu, never have and never will. I have always felt he was goal orientated and it didn't bother me, all records should belong to Indian players, it is nice. Just think as Indians it is important for us to be impartial and not hide the things he does wrong, e.g v Bang. His supporters like you still refuse to say what he did was wrong. It's good in a way because now he can play freely but can't believe some people can't see he was playing for ton. Basically he took it too far.. He hit two fours straight after his ton.. Also the midgets own holier than thou attitude is pissing me off. He has been saying things like "We play to win every match" clearly lying to others and himself after what he did v Bang, which was an important match.
He made a double century V Aus in Jamaica in late 90's. He was captaining at team that had lost many tests in a row. Was a great innings under pressure and he was the lone scorer with adams. 400* v England. May be a flat pitch but to make it look so easy and effortless to reach the highest test score is in itself a skill. England were completely deflated, never seen so much control from a batsman. He kept picking the bowlers off in all directions. Most selfish innings ever. Could have declared and tried for a win. Did not. And you call Sachin selfish? 153 v Aus. Discussed previously. 100 vs England, Chennai In a single test v SL he scored over 300 runs and 60% of the teams runs in 2000. The way he dominated Murali in home conditions was amazing. This South Africa tour where Sachin dominated Steyn. Also Lara lost 3-0. Sachin drew 1-1. Sure there is more.. Just from watching the guy all this time I felt he never succumbed to pressure, whereas with Tendu I see it all the time but can't recall specific things. Remember he kept getting out in 90's, even Monty got him in an ODI in 90's. Tendu lacks the mental strength of Lara and Lara's superior hand eye co-ordination. Tendu has better record due to being more patient and milestone orientated as well as longevity. In ODI Tendu is better but not in tests for me. Lara any day.

Lol the chennai test was all thanks to VIRU. Even England acknowledged it was all him who helped us chase it down. If you want to praise Tindu for finishing it off, don't forget UV too, both finished if off at the end. But it wouldn't have been possible if not for Viru. How this innings compares to Lara's 153 is beyond my understanding :cantstop: Also Lara's 400* was not selfish, his team has lost all the games and he gave the caribbean people something to smile about. They couldn't have won that match. It also left england embarassed and deflated, he showed his class, that was more important IMO in that match. The Windies board, the players, fans, game lovers all wanted Lara to go for it. The situation was right. However, I don't see many fans smiling about Tindu's match losing ton v Bang.

Lol the chennai test was all thanks to VIRU. Even England acknowledged it was all him who helped us chase it down. If you want to praise Tindu for finishing it off, don't forget UV too, both finished if off at the end. But it wouldn't have been possible if not for Viru. How this innings compares to Lara's 153 is beyond my understanding :cantstop: Also Lara's 400* was not selfish, his team has lost all the games and he gave the caribbean people something to smile about. They couldn't have won that match. It also left england embarassed and deflated, he showed his class, that was more important IMO in that match. The Windies board, the players, fans, game lovers all wanted Lara to go for it. The situation was right. However, I don't see many fans smiling about Tindu's match losing ton v Bang.
But they are smiling about the 200 against SA. Real good logic, taking a drawn 100 and comparing to a losing one. P.S: Dodda Ganesh>Sreesanth
Should've checked the scorecard' date= he didn't! :--D Tendulkar, on the other hand, scored a commanding 92 before being given out off a Mohammad Aamiresque no ball.
Yes, Both Sachin and Dravid batted very well in that match and would place their inings ahead of Lara's 45 in that match. Sachin and Dravid had to play against fast bowlers like Ambrose, Bishop (and Rose was also good for sometime) while Lara had to score against Kuruvilla, Prasad and Dodda Ganesh. But failure to win that test match is something that still rankles me.
Another cool inning was the 50 he hit on a difficult surface in WI against Ind. ind needed 100 odd to win the test and everyone in our group was excited that Ind would pull it off but ind folded, iirc, for less than 100 After Ind collapsed, we were like how could he hit a 50 on this surface There was a period when his avg went below 50, and as SRT fan, I was happy. But he goes to SL and plays magically and brings it back up. He broke Sobers record, which was remarkable but what was unbelievable that he got that record back Not to forgot that 150 odd against Aus Lara makes you go like 'wow' :stewie:
Yes, no doubt Lara was unstoppable in that series but it should also be noted that Lara could not stop SriLankan whitewash (probably first in their history) and lost series 3-0. However, Lara really towered over everybody else in that series and to score those runs against Murali of that time was some feet.
What about his record of falling in 90's and mentally breaking down under pressure? Lack of match winning innings under pressure? If Lara had played from 16 to 40's he would have a superior record. Records don't matter. How they come do.
And why didn't he, Sachin was blocking his place in WI team too?:cantstop: