The Lion's Den "The KINGS XI PUNJAB thread"

Sir john

Thankyou latecut Can we quit feeding the trolls here? Sher-e-Punjab is a well known title amongst the Punjabis. Why not discuss the starting lineup, new players, expectations?
All my previous attempts have failed on it..... I think once first game starts we will have clearer view of pottential...

Thankyou latecut Can we quit feeding the trolls here? Sher-e-Punjab is a well known title amongst the Punjabis. Why not discuss the starting lineup, new players, expectations?
We will. Feeding the troll keeps the thread growing....:winky:

Harmeet Singh Harmeet Singh Bansal has been training on his home turf, the PCA Stadium, for weeks now but the last four days have seen him shift gear. Ever since the Aussie legend Adam Gilchrist, his Kings XI Punjab skipper and mentor for four years now landed in the City, BansalÃÔ intensity has only gone up. Ŧverything is due to him, Bansal told Newsline, referring to how Gilchrist, then the Deccan Chargers skipper, spotted him in the nets here in 2008 and offered the fast bowler a contract with his side in 2009. And, it was the wily Gilly who shaped BansalÃÔ bowling, asking him to mix slower leg breaks with his pace. The bowler responded by taking crucial wickets and helping DC to the IPL win that year. Ū was feeling a bit left out in the last season, playing for Deccan Chargers without Gilchrist as he became the captain of Kings XI. When I met him during the last IPL in Mohali, I expressed my desire to play under him again. And he responded positively. Thankfully, I got a one-year contract with Kings XI and hope to re-create the old magic again under him, said 24-year-old Bansal. Å©e may be 40 but he is someone who can change the complexion of the game, not only with attacking batting skills but also with his inspiring captaincy. It is nice that he is trying to re-build the team, bonding and leading it as a unit. There are a few new recruits in the team and he is talking to them during the nets and also inquiring about them from me,Ãò he added. Ū told Gilly about Gurkeerat MannÃÔ (Punjab T20 player) batting and wicket-keeping skills and he was impressed. Apart from Gilchrist, Bansal is also excited to play alongside Praveen Kumar, who is expected to join the Punjab team in two days. Ū want to learn and pick bowling skills from Praveen bhai. He is the best swing bowler in our country and a tremendous bowler in the death overs. I will aim to make full use of his presence. Kings XIÃÔ bowling line-up includes Stuart Broad, Ryan Harris, Praveen Kumar, Azhar Mahmood and will be further boosted with bowling coach Jose DawesÃÔ inclusion. But Bansal isnÃÕ finished yet. Ū plan to take Gilly for gehris in Chandigarh in my car and also to book my place for a Punjabi meal

Thanks Jind. That's a great idea. I would love it if you can post something like this on a daily basis, including your own thoughts on a player or on what's going on. What do you think?

How do you know that lions are large hearted ?Did Afridi tell you that ?:P If at all, the Lion has a very small heart both literally and figuratively. He makes the Lioness do all the hard work while he lazes around doing nothing and unke kamaayi kaa khaataa hai.Sometimes he even scavenges off what the Hyenas hunt down and scares them.I guess the Lion is only to good to scare smaller teams like KKR ,PW and DD...
Alright hyena, why don't you settle your names as Mumbai Hyenas or Shakib alhasan's Lioness? :hysterical: BTW, either you r seriously dumb or you r trying really hard to be smart in front of a female(mariyam), that if you don't know the meaning of the saying 'Lion Hearted'. Just like I said before if you r going to act like a class 2 school kid, who is trying to understand things word per word. And let me try to give some knowledge to your innocent childish mind, here Head to Head: Punjab- 5, Mumbai - 3 :hysterical::hysterical: This is when everyone says Punjabi team has been struggling. What will happen to you when comes into full form? :pray:Puttra, Punjabiyan Naal Panga Nahi Lena :dance::dance:

NEW COMERS TO NOTE thumb-Parvinder-awana.jpgPARVINDER AWANA Been part of the Delhi domestic team for a few seasons. Has the raw pace but seems to go for quite a few runs though picking up wickets at regular intervals. He turned the corner past domestic season as he picked up heaps of wickets for Delhi. How he takes the first class experience into the t20 mode? Gurkeerat Singh A rookie making his into the Punjab domestic lineup. Has done well in the domestic LOI tournaments for Punjab Harmeet Singh Punjab got him from DC IIRC. Not a bad addition considering their previous domestic bowling resources. Satish A great fielder and not a bad batsman. Got traded when Mumbai pouched Dinesh Karthik from KXIP VRV Singh An old horse riddled with injuries made a comeback in the domestic t20 tournament where he was impressive. No one picked him up in the auction. He was fairly good when he played for KXIP in their early seasons. Wouldn't be a bad choice to keep him in the team. Ramesh Powar An old wily seasoned spinner who can be handy with the bat as well comes back to KXIP after a season with the Cochi. Azhar Mahmood The all rounder makes his way into the Punjab side. Had a good t20 tournament. Let's see if he makes the starting XI.

Alright hyena, why don't you settle your names as Mumbai Hyenas or Shakib alhasan's Lioness? :hysterical: BTW, either you r seriously dumb or you r trying really hard to be smart in front of a female(mariyam), that if you don't know the meaning of the saying 'Lion Hearted'. Just like I said before if you r going to act like a class 2 school kid, who is trying to understand things word per word. And let me try to give some knowledge to your innocent childish mind, here Head to Head: Punjab- 5, Mumbai - 3 :hysterical::hysterical: This is when everyone says Punjabi team has been struggling. What will happen to you when comes into full form? :pray:Puttra, Punjabiyan Naal Panga Nahi Lena :dance::dance:
Wow, our Pride is just rockin...we all know that Yoda-eque is going to go to the middle of Detroit and argue about why the NFL team is called the Detroit Lions. :hysterical: I can see why there is an "esque" in his screen name. :winky:

NEW COMERS TO NOTE thumb-Parvinder-awana.jpgPARVINDER AWANA Been part of the Delhi domestic team for a few seasons. Has the raw pace but seems to go for quite a few runs though picking up wickets at regular intervals. He turned the corner past domestic season as he picked up heaps of wickets for Delhi. How he takes the first class experience into the t20 mode? Gurkeerat Singh A rookie making his into the Punjab domestic lineup. Has done well in the domestic LOI tournaments for Punjab Harmeet Singh Punjab got him from DC IIRC. Not a bad addition considering their previous domestic bowling resources. Satish A great fielder and not a bad batsman. Got traded when Mumbai pouched Dinesh Karthik from KXIP VRV Singh An old horse riddled with injuries made a comeback in the domestic t20 tournament where he was impressive. No one picked him up in the auction. He was fairly good when he played for KXIP in their early seasons. Wouldn't be a bad choice to keep him in the team. Ramesh Powar An old wily seasoned spinner who can be handy with the bat as well comes back to KXIP after a season with the Cochi. Azhar Mahmood The all rounder makes his way into the Punjab side. Had a good t20 tournament. Let's see if he makes the starting XI.
Is VRV still part of the Punjab team? I think his performance will be critical and how VRV/Harmeet/Pawar/Chawla bowls will go a long way towards deciding victory or defeat.

VRV wasn't picked up by any team in the auction IIRC. Considering his performance and fitness in the recently concluded Syed Mushtaq t20, Punjab would do well to get him into the team if they're smart. Though the team management has made some shoddy decisions in the past

THE SPINNERS Ramesh Powar Piyush Chawla Bipul Sharma Bhargav Bhatt Part-timers David Hussey: He's had a good season and seems to be in good form this year going into the tournament. Last year he was off color to say the least.

Bunch of pensioners posing as 'new' comers. Late-comers is more like it. :giggle:

In full form, Punjab will come 5th. :giggle: