ICC World T20, 2012 SriLanka

Feed

ICC World T20, 2012 SriLanka  

1. 1.

Looks like t 20 cricket can be a hit in USA if it is marketed properly.
Naah. US audience hasn't even accepted soccer so far even though it's much more spectator friendly and is a bigger global game. They already have football (American), baseball, basketball, hockey (ice), golf, tennis etc. They definitely will warm to cricket which is a very complex game and is probably one of the most difficult to warm up to.
Probably a reference to how in most other sports the overall score gives you the progress of both teams/players at the same time. I.e. after Zaheer's 1st ball, India 260 runs, Pakistan 4 runs. Someone who has never watched/played cricket, a 260 after the 1st ball of 2nd innings would mean nothing in context of where the two teams stand. Whilst cricket watchers would know in ODIs that's around par score. Infact is there any other sport similar to cricket in this nature? :hmmm:
Huh? :confused: In all sports, you need to score more than the opposition. In cricket, one team finished the score and then the next tries to overtake that score. Serial rather than jumping back & forth like football. It's the same for a lot of sports which are played serially - Formula 1 qualifying takes place in a serial fashion. Weightlifting would be another one. I'm sure there are others!
If WI win tomorrow they will equal India's record in global tourneys. Regards to "humiliation" piece you are once again taking things too literally and seriously as is the norm with you. This thread was for poking fun at Aussies the way they were owned by WI in the semi and you are here comparing the records of all teams throughout their history including Tests :facepalm: Go read the OP once again and do you really think this is what the intent of the article is? You are the sort of a party pooper who asks everyone to go home by 10 coz that's the "curfew" time. If you don't like the fact folks are having a bit of a laugg don't post on the thread or maybe open another thread moaning the quality of internet forums and how good things were back in your days. But you gotta end this moaning and looking at everything as if Mars space mission depends on it.
I was only testing your Karma is a b!@tch theory? :dontknow:
Huh? :confused: In all sports, you need to score more than the opposition. In cricket, one team finished the score and then the next tries to overtake that score. Serial rather than jumping back & forth like football. It's the same for a lot of sports which are played serially - Formula 1 qualifying takes place in a serial fashion. Weightlifting would be another one. I'm sure there are others!
Yes and No. ODI Cricket is unique that it's over a very long time period. 3.5 hours 1st team bats, and then another 3.5 for the other better it. Baseball though similar, play 9 innings each inside 3 hours!!! In cricket, ignoring the strengths of the opposition and conditions, at halfway stage (end of 1st innings) you can not tell who is ahead. Whilst most other sports at halfway stage you can predict who is ahead based on in-play score.
Naah. US audience hasn't even accepted soccer so far even though it's much more spectator friendly and is a bigger global game. They already have football (American)' date=' baseball, basketball, hockey (ice), golf, tennis etc. They definitely will warm to cricket which is a very complex game and is probably one of the most difficult to warm up to.[/quote'] Mmmmm. interesting. My friend watched a baseball game where only 2 home runs was scored. He got pissed off that the crowd waited 3 hours just to see 2 home runs scored. T 20 cricket can be very exciting and we have seen 10 -15 sixers in a match and countless 4s. Cricket can be marketed in USA. But that's just my opinion.
I was only testing your Karma is a b!@tch theory? :dontknow:
No dude it's just that you come across as a wet blanket and as if your dog just died and your house burned down. In the "Do Pakis choke thread" you were there spouting how they did so well when the intent was to poke fun at Pakis crashing out. In this thread more of the same when a cursory glance at the OP tells you what the intent of this thread is. Then you go out and create a thread moaning and whinging about quality of threads on an internet sports forum :facepalm: Seriously if you don't have these sort of thread in the middle of a global tourney what do you expect? What else would you have? Maybe analytical discussion comparing straight drivesfrom Gavaskar and Tendulkar all day long? Your general disposition is similar to that guy from "Singh is King" who moans about everything in life :giggle: Maybe you need to lighten up and stop taking every post/thread/think on an internet forum so seriously.
Mmmmm. interesting. My friend watched a baseball game where only 2 home runs was scored. He got pissed off that the crowd waited 3 hours just to see 2 home runs scored. T 20 cricket can be very exciting and we have seen 10 -15 sixers in a match and countless 4s. Cricket can be marketed in USA. But that's just my opinion.
Then your friend doesn't know much about baseball or baseball fans. Some of the greatest games were the ones with scores ending 1-0 or 2-1. Americans love baseball and nt just the fact they get to see home runs. If they only wanted to see home runs they would have had home run derby scheduled every week.
Mmmmm. interesting. My friend watched a baseball game where only 2 home runs was scored. He got pissed off that the crowd waited 3 hours just to see 2 home runs scored. T 20 cricket can be very exciting and we have seen 10 -15 sixers in a match and countless 4s. Cricket can be marketed in USA. But that's just my opinion.
Cricket will never pick up in the USA, ICC has no idea how to crack it and approaching it the wrong way. To give cricket any sort of interest it has to go through the collegiate method. Soccer might not be as popular as baseball, basketball etc, but has substantial following and USA always have team in the WC because soccer is played competitively school level and colleges. If ICC wants to crack USA, they need to get into the schools and colleges organize competitive leagues. But this isn't the case for just USA but any route to introduction of cricket to new country. Teach the kids, plant the seeds. But obviously all this requires honest officials and ALOT of funding. Kenya is prime example where it can all go wrong.
No dude it's just that you come across as a wet blanket and as if your dog just died and your house burned down. In the "Do Pakis choke thread" you were there spouting how they did so well when the intent was to poke fun at Pakis crashing out. In this thread more of the same when a cursory glance at the OP tells you what the intent of this thread is. Then you go out and create a thread moaning and whinging about quality of threads on an internet sports forum :facepalm: Seriously if you don't have these sort of thread in the middle of a global tourney what do you expect? What else would you have? Maybe analytical discussion comparing straight drivesfrom Gavaskar and Tendulkar all day long? Your general disposition is similar to that guy from "Singh is King" who moans about everything in life :giggle: Maybe you need to lighten up and stop taking every post/thread/think on an internet forum so seriously.
So, you are looking for posters to agree with whatever theory you come up with, which in your mind is humorous. "Waah UG Waah, sahi baat hai Pakis choke *insert random smilies*", "Waah UG bhai Waah Karma is a bi@tch, the Aussies just found out *insert more random smilies*". Humor is what Cricketics thread about PIA and Pakistan was. You wouldn't know humor if it slapped you in the face. Your idea of humor is "Pakis choke", "Loins suck" coupled with random smilies. Sorry if I don't share your high level of humor.
So' date=' you are looking for posters to agree with whatever theory you come up with, which in your mind is humorous. "Waah UG Waah, sahi baat hai Pakis choke *insert random smilies*", "Waah UG bhai Waah Karma is a bi@tch, the Aussies just found out *insert more random smilies*". Humor is what Cricketics thread about PIA and Pakistan was. You wouldn't know humor if it slapped you in the face.[/quote'] Nope but when majority of the posters are having fun and you can't stop moaning about "guzra hua zamana" everyone knows where the problem lies. As I said in the middle of a global tourney you will come across such threads after every game, especially when a team gets knocket out or progresses to the next round but you have to get your panties in a twist everytime. A cursory glance at the OP reveals what the thread is all about but you are here talking about team's test records historically :giggle: If you don't like it don't post and maybe have another "intellectually stimulating" thread which will make you happy. I may not be able to know humor but it seems you definitely will have no trouble finding glass half empty no matter what. Now maybe enlighten us a bit more about how things were in your times and what a great sense of humor you used to have :haha:
Nope but when majority of the posters are having fun and you can't stop moaning about "guzra hua zamana" everyone knows where the problem lies. As I said in the middle of a global tourney you will come across such threads after every game, especially when a team gets knocket out or progresses to the next round but you have to get your panties in a twist everytime. A cursory glance at the OP reveals what the thread is all about but you are here talking about team's test records historically :giggle: If you don't like it don't post and maybe have another "intellectually stimulating" thread which will make you happy. I may not be able to know humor but it seems you definitely will have no trouble finding glass half empty no matter what. Now maybe enlighten us a bit more about how things were in your times and what a great sense of humor you used to have :haha:
I don't have to do that. You can use the search function to look for older posts from the likes of Dhondy, Bumper etc. Perhaps when you read them you will realize what good humor is and how different it is from what you are trying to peddle as humor and carrying out psychoanalysis on people who don't join in with "Waah UG bhai waah, vaat humor." And yes normally I do ignore your random ramblings which you think are amusing and people who don't find them as such are wet blankets. But sometimes, the irritation of reading the same garbage gets too much forcing a reply here or there.
I don't have to do that. You can use the search function to look for older posts from the likes of Dhondy' date=' Bumper etc. Perhaps when you read them you will realize what good humor is and how different it is from what you are trying to peddle as humor and carrying out psychoanalysis on people who don't join in with "Waah UG bhai waah, vaat humor." And yes normally I do ignore your random ramblings which you think are amusing and people who don't find them as such are wet blankets. But sometimes, the irritation of reading the same garbage gets too much forcing a reply here or there.[/quote'] Yup, I know what you mean... "humor to hamaare zamaane mein hota tha. Mujhe aaj bhi woh din yaad hai jab Dhondy ne 2006 mein woh thread banaya tha..." We get the point dude :hysterical: Now hurry on to the archives to have some more laughs or maybe create another thread about the "quality" of an internet forum :giggle:
Yup' date=' I know what you mean... "[i']humor to hamaare zamaane mein hota tha. Mujhe aaj bhi woh din yaad hai jab Dhondy ne 2006 mein woh thread banaya tha..." We get the point dude :hysterical: Now hurry on to the archives to have some more laughs or maybe create another thread about the "quality" of an internet forum :giggle:
Waah UG bhai waah. Vaat a humor. Can't stop laughing. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::cantstop::cantstop: Absolutely brilliant. Kya phrase likhe hain - hans hans ke phat gayi yaar. :hysterical::hysterical:
Waah UG bhai waah. Vaat a humor. Can't stop laughing. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::cantstop::cantstop: Absolutely brilliant. Kya phrase likhe hain - hans hans ke phat gayi yaar. :hysterical::hysterical:
Nahin uncle, hum jaise tuch praaniyon ko kya pata ki sense of humor kya hoti hai. After all you are the authority on sense of humor on intenet forums since 1993 :haha: Now do regale us with another of Dhondy/Bumper posts from the good old days :hysterical:
Nahin uncle, hum jaise tuch praaniyon ko kya pata ki sense of humor kya hoti hai. After all you are the authority on sense of humor on intenet forums since 1993 :haha: Now do regale us with another of Dhondy/Bumper posts from the good old days :hysterical:
Waah UG Bhai. Ye to picchli post se bhi zaada humorous hai. :hysterical::hysterical: Aapke itne sahi humor ka raaz kya hai?