India v KZN 11

Re: India v KZN 11 They can't ignore Gambhir anymore and before it is too late they should play him. He has done enough hard walk to secure a place in the XI. I'm not saying shove Jaffer for ever but he is struggling to even get to double figure, he must really be less on the confident front. Gambhir has runs behind him and anyone with runs behind him will be fairly confident in his skills. I think if they don't play Gambhir they will pay heavily. A good first wicket stand will pretty much seal the series IMO.

Re: India v KZN 11 Gambhir is easy choice also because he is a left hander.. SA has all those right arm pacers who are good at out swingers.. pathan and ganguly have been scoring runs also due to the fact that they are lefty and easier to bat against those RHB.. if jaffer plays in next test.. i will believe that vengy has other motives outside cricket..

Re: India v KZN 11 >SA has all those right arm pacers who are good at out swingers.. pathan and ganguly have been scoring runs also due to the fact that they are lefty and easier to bat against those RHB aree yaar...for a left hander, Achilles heel is incoming delivery (outswinger for righthander)..so I am not sure what you are trying to say... Most lefthanders find it difficult to negiogte incoming delivery...or the delivery that straightens..

Re: India v KZN 11

>SA has all those right arm pacers who are good at out swingers.. pathan and ganguly have been scoring runs also due to the fact that they are lefty and easier to bat against those RHB aree yaar...for a left hander, Achilles heel is incoming delivery (outswinger for righthander)..so I am not sure what you are trying to say... Most lefthanders find it difficult to negiogte incoming delivery...or the delivery that straightens..
did ya see all those wickets in 1st test.. most of them got out in slips from moving away delieveries from RHB to RHBat.. incoming delieveris are lethal when you have speed like BLee..

Re: India v KZN 11 veerbhai...we had only one left hander...and by the Ganguly batted bowl was not moving around.. Did you see how Smith was out first innings? Classical left handed batsman dismissed by Right arm bowler who is swinging out.. Did you see how Gambhir got out to Vaas...??? Do you remember Langur getting out to Agarkar?? Agarkar is not as fast as Brett Lee...

Re: India v KZN 11

veerbhai...we had only one left hander...and by the Ganguly batted bowl was not moving around.. Did you see how Smith was out first innings? Classical left handed batsman dismissed by Right arm bowler who is swinging out.. Did you see how Gambhir got out to Vaas...??? Do you remember Langur getting out to Agarkar?? Agarkar is not as fast as Brett Lee...
arre bhai.. smith is out of touch.. he will get out on even at lollypopos (i.e 2nd inning).. i believe left handers will do batter against those RHBs..

Re: India v KZN 11 Left hader factor is important as leftie/righty combination helps to disrupt lines of bowlers, especially if they rotate the strike. GG must play he is done well in A tour, Domestic cricket, Challenger etc. He is much improved player since when he last played for India. He needs a run in the side. He also would do well in odi team. Also top fielder which is a bonus

Re: India v KZN 11 Lunch KwaZulu-Natal Invitation XI 68 for 1 trail the Indians 270 for 6 decl by 202 runs Scorecard Munaf Patel picked up a wicket with his first delivery of the morning, but it was otherwise a frustrating session for the Indians who toiled hard in sweltering hot batsmen-friendly conditions. By lunch, the Kwazulu-Natal Invitation XI had made 68 for 1 in response to the Indian total of 270 for 6 declared. Rivash Gobind and Ross McMillan played some pleasing drives, but on a sluggish outfield, there was never full value for shots played. With Zaheer Khan and Sreesanth sharing the new ball, Munaf had to wait till the 12th over for his turn, but his impact was immediate. Fabian Lazarus was struck on the pad, and an instinctive appeal was granted. He bowled only three more overs though, with the Indians keen not to overload anyone in such heat. Irfan Pathan got an opportunity, but was again fairly pedestrian against batsmen who never looked to seize the initiative. After Zaheer and Sreesanth exited for the relative comfort of the pavilion, VRV Singh came on for a spell, and there also four fairly tidy overs from Sourav Ganguly. On a flat pitch with the sun beating down though, containment was very much the name of the game.

Re: India v KZN 11 Crapthan is rubbish. When are you guys going to understand this. He is going at 6.72 per over :eek: Send him back to first class cricket MM Patel 8 -2 -25 -2 , great comeback. Certainy for next test. Proved he is fit. Great news as I believe he is our best seamer and also means we will have 3 solid seamers and not carrying any passengers :wtg:

Re: India v KZN 11 u cant compare batting and bowling.... one delivery or a slight lapse of concentration is enuf to break ur stay at the wicket.... schoolboy attack or not.... but in bowling, u have a lot of balls to prove urself... going at 7 rpo against schoolboys is a crime and Pathan doesnt deserve to play any more matches...

Re: India v KZN 11 true he is crap.. before 1st match i wanted to play pathan solely on his batting skills.. but now that we won 1st test.. and our batsmen are bit in form.. i take that back.. and dont want him to play in 2nd test.. soo gambhir in place of jaffer and munaf in for vrv..

Re: India v KZN 11 That's crap by Pathan. I was one of those guys that always thought Pathan was something special but of late he has hardly done anything note worthy in bowling. Against a side as KLZ he couldn't claim a wicket or could contain them. This pretty much ends his role in this series. I cannot see how he can be selected in the XI.

Re: India v KZN 11 Rahul Dravid can bat anywhere and score runs there is absoltuely no doubt about that but when you have selected someone as an opener it is fair to give him a chance. They have 3 openers for now and Jaffer has done nothing right on this tour. It will be unfair not to try Gambhir and who knows he may have improved his game since he was last dropped. It is possible to use Rahul Dravid as an opener that is if we have another decent middle order batsman. I don't see that option on this tour and you got to use the resources you have at disposal.