Euro 2012

ganeshran

it was onside clearly, think you need to go to specsavers :winky: anyway im bored of spain and how they play, tippy tappy load of boring bollocks. hope england or france knock them out.
Never trust a man who say's bollocks to be unbiased. Bollocks! Forca Portugal, Viva Espanyol!

:dontknow: You're right about my spending patterns on the IPL, but you're missing the wider point. When you develop an understanding of history and sociology as robust as mine, you will realize that the Euro Cup is Europe's only instant to be in the limelight. Nobody really cares about Europe anymore. I mean, countries like the Czech Republic, Portugal, Germany, Russia, Moldova, Croatia, Patavia and Gerrundischburg are never in the news for anything at all. The only time they have a 3 line mention on page 27 is when their teams play in this competition. Its Europe's way of telling the world that "Hey, we exist". If you go through this thread, I have listed in great detail and in a very academic manner the repercussions of football craze on European society. From being an all conquering, all discovering, inventing set of people football has turned them into nobodies. Plot area of the British empire vs popularity of football in the UK on a graph and you'll see my point. Only after football infected the mainstream British society did they start losing their colonies and influence in the world. Look at Europe now. Nothing ever happens there.
:hysterical::hysterical::haha::haha: You know sometin, if ur a gal then ur a diva. You just made my day. That was hilarious! And where on earth is Patavia? Besides what's to say that the downfall of football wouldn't give rise to something equally inane? Like for instance Hollywood, Bollywood,IPL, Kim Kardashian, Jersey Shore, Page 3, George Clooney and Angelina Jolie the list of crap that has infected our societies today is endless. Football my friend is the least of all social evils you need to concern urself with! Infact football is a blessing. That said if you were indeed interested in sociology I'm sure you'd recognize the downfall of Europe is less to do with the rise of football and more to do with their own internal political machinations aka the elite. Besides for a continent that fought two freaking world wars, you give them way too much credit! This very continent with their combined armies, NATO are still waging wars. But I agree they do have a knack for organization, and innovation. No doubt about that.

it was onside clearly, think you need to go to specsavers :winky: anyway im bored of spain and how they play, tippy tappy load of boring bollocks. hope england or france knock them out.
exactly my thoughts...the goal wasnt offside in anyway, nor was it a handball by iniesta.. i h8 spain, i think france might face them nd knock em off,france always do that..if englan face them ,i hope england score an early goal nd then park the bus nd frustrate them to death / for 2day i would dsay england will win 2-0 france win 2-1

That Ramos tackle was a peno though. And Rakitic should have bruied that header- good save though it was. Italy were poor even though they beat and even poorer Ireland, a better side would have beaten them yesterday I think they will have a better chance vs Fr than Eng in QFs... Eng will have too much pace and energy and Italy seem to lose it in the 2nd half...

England

• 01 Hart
  • 02 Johnson
  • 03 Cole
  • 06 Terry
  • 15 Lescott
  • 04 Gerrard
  • 11 Young
  • 16 Milner
  • 17 Parker
  • 10 Rooney
  • 22 Welbeck
Substitutes
  • 13 Green
  • 23 Butland
  • 05 Kelly
  • 12 Baines
  • 14 Jones
  • 18 Jagielka
  • 07 Walcott
  • 08 Henderson
  • 19 Downing
  • 20 Oxlade-Chamberlain
  • 09 Carroll
  • 21 Defoe

Ukraine

• 12 Pyatov
  • 02 Selin
  • 03 Khacheridi
  • 20 Rakitskiy
  • 04 Tymoschuk
  • 06 Garmash
  • 09 Gusev
  • 11 Yarmolenko
  • 19 Konoplienka
  • 15 Milevskiy
  • 22 Devic
Substitutes
  • 01 Koval
  • 23 Goryainov
  • 05 Kucher
  • 13 Shevchuk
  • 17 Mykhalyk
  • 21 Butko
  • 08 Aliev
  • 14 Rotan
  • 18 Nazarenko
  • 07 Shevchenko
  • 10 Voronin
  • 16 Seleznyov

Ref: V Kassai

i have seen terry denying a lot of balls going into the net. he may have the record for it, when the keeper comes out, he somehow rushes near the goal nd vaguely anticipates the ball in the correct direction nd slides in or whatever , butin many instances, almost all he has saved a goal