Murali is a monster: Bedi

King

Well, that doesn't make Bedi any younger does it? Clearly he just doesn't understand the bio mechanics and an attention hogger at the best. Even if you question Bradman's age how about Steve Waugh's statement in his biography?

Gats ' date=' the words expressed doesnt seem to come from a senile old man, rather it reflects someone who is still capable of thinking sense.[/quote'] Mars-man.... read again... i didnt mention he was a senile foool.... u want to believe the eyesight of a 90 yr old man.... i prefer to trust mine....
Gats' date=' we dont razor sharp eyes to judge a bowler as to whether he is legal or not. I mentioned the word senile just to show that Bradman seemed to know what he is talking about.[/quote'] if everything is an illusion, then why watch a friggin sport....
if everything is an illusion' date=' then why watch a friggin sport....[/quote'] The only question here is Gats , are you willing to go ONLY by what you see on T.V or are you willing to give comprehensive scientific evidence a chance ? What would your answer to that question be ?
The only question here is Gats , are you willing to go ONLY by what you see on T.V or are you willing to give comprehensive scientific evidence a chance ? What would your answer to that question be ?
lol... show me one place which scientifically shows how much of bend murali has...
lol... show me one place which scientifically shows how much of bend murali has...
I dunno what you are asking for Gats. I couldnt possibly have access to detailed reports on Murali's action. But what i do know is that - According to the laws of the ICC , his action is legal. And really, that is the only thing that matters in the end.

I think the more appropriate question is: If he can bowl a perfect undebatable leg spinner =, then why did he choose to bowl the way he does now? Clearly, it gives him a great advantage otherwise no one would ever go through all that he's been through, just to get his action legalised.

Forget science/technology/naked eye/old players etc etc. Here is what I want you, a cricket fan, to do. 58058.jpg Step 1: Look at that picture. Step 2: Concentrate on the biceps. Step 3: Stand infront of a large mirror. Step 4: Keep your arms straight and see if you can get a "peak" on the biceps like Murali has. Step 5: Now bend your arm a bit and see what happens. You get the picture, pun intentional? xxx

I hate to explain all over the legit bowling action rule but Lurker do you know it is OK to bend your arm as long as you are not straightning more than 15%? It's as simple as that the rule. I think you folks need to revisit the legit bowling action rule and stop bringing up the bend in the arm every time.

All those that post the picture with bend arm please take time to read and understand the legit bowling action rules : NEW RULES FOR THE GAME SCIENCE IS SET to prevail over subjectivity in relation to one of cricket's most contentious issues: chucking. From March 1, 2005, the new rules of the game will allow a greater latitude to players who bend their arm while bowling. Bowlers will be allowed to straighten their arm (from the level of the shoulder in the delivery swing up to the point of delivery) to a maximum of 15 degrees. This is against the existing tolerance levels (introduced in 2001) of 5 degrees for spinners, 7.5 degrees for medium-pacers, and 10 degrees for fast bowlers. The new bowling law — which was recently adopted by the International Cricket Council's Chief Executives' Committee and which will come into force on March 1 — is fairer, easier to apply, and holds out the promise of putting an end to one of the most divisive of cricket controversies. It will be incorrect to view the new law as a mere relaxation of prevailing chucking regulations. Rather, it is a rationalisation founded on two surprising but wholly scientific findings that were contained in a report endorsed by the ICC's cricket committee and was based on a research programme conducted by biomechanics experts. First, virtually every bowler in international cricket straightens his arm during delivery. Secondly, the majority of bowlers bend their bowling arm to a degree that breaches the permissible limits. In the face of such evidence, gleaned from studying the actions of contemporary bowlers and former greats including Dennis Lillee, it became imperative to rationalise the regulations governing chucking. In doing so, the ICC has done away with the irrationality of having different standards for different categories of bowlers. The new and common maximum tolerance level of 15 per cent is the point at which any straightening of arm is believed to become apparent to the naked eye. The other important element being introduced is a shorter and more independent review process for bowlers with doubtful actions. Umpires will still be empowered to lodge reports against those they suspect of exceeding the 15 degree limit, but the bio-mechanical analysis of the reported bowler will be completed within 21 days under the supervision of the ICC. The fact that all bio-mechanical testing will now be standardised should act as a deterrent against complaints that one bowler was discriminated against or that another was favoured. One great bowler who will benefit from the new law is the prodigious off-spinner, Muthiah Muralitharan, whose deceptive and wicket-taking doosra (the delivery that turns the other way) was banned by the ICC. An analysis of the action of the Sri Lankan bowler by a biomechanics laboratory in Australia showed that he straightened his elbow by 14 degrees and, following remediation, by 10 degrees. Both these figures are within the tolerance level that will come into force next month, though they constitute a breach of the existing ones. The report prepared by this team of experts, which was first published in The Hindu (May 7, 2004), paved the way for the new regulations; it argued persuasively that the 15 per cent tolerance limit must apply to all bowlers and that Muralitharan's doosra did not give him "an unfair advantage" either over batsmen or over other bowlers. Another likely beneficiary is India's Harbhajan Singh, whose action is under scrutiny to determine whether his doosra is legitimate. What these and other bowlers should be grateful for is that the agonising question will now be determined on the basis of objective tests on a level playing field. Bowlers will no longer be victims of individual judgment, of trial by the media, or of campaigns run by cricket establishments in rival countries. Modern technology and clear thinking have shown us that the issue is no longer who `chucks'. Almost all bowlers straighten their arm more than we think; the only question is how much leeway they should be allowed.

It's not the photo above that presents a problem. If his arm is bent at the point of delivery, that's not the issue. It's all about the degree of straightening. This one indicates a problem - even if you take the 15 degree flex into account. 51843.gif

Forget science/technology/naked eye/old players etc etc. Here is what I want you, a cricket fan, to do. Step 1: Look at that picture. Step 2: Concentrate on the biceps. Step 3: Stand infront of a large mirror. Step 4: Keep your arms straight and see if you can get a "peak" on the biceps like Murali has. Step 5: Now bend your arm a bit and see what happens. You get the picture, pun intentional? xxx
Lurks, why indulge in such character assassination ?
Man, he is one ugly guy I reckon he gets most of those wickets with his looks than with his actual deliveries. Batsmen sh*t themselves when they see his face and gift their wickets away so that they wouldn't have to stare at that hideous MONSTER-LIKE mug of his
As if Allan Donald is one good looking dude :regular_smile:

it is unbelievable tht u guys on one hand paint a huge conspiracy theory about 9/11 and jus cant seem to understand the politics behind murali being ALLOWED to operate.... it is as if u guys jus sleep-walked through tht entire period when high profile debating, testing and arm-twisting was going on...

And it's amazing that someone would see all sorts of conspiracy theories in trivial matters like a bowler being allowed a few degrees more flexion (maybe?????) but no self interests and conspiracies in the running of trillions of dollars of economy and oil.
crazy logic.... conspiracy on a smaller scale is easier to see than on a much grander scale almost bordering on delusion here....