Bihari Recipes

suma25

Imagine Lurker dating a pure vegetarian girl !:wink_smile:
Actually in my case I did :D She was quite tiny and thin but was a real beauty. Anyway long story short I got her on nice little diet and exercise regime and it worked wonders. She now devours chicken, seafood, mutton etc. She was my first client, as far as personal training goes. Today her sister, who is pure vegetarian, gets kicked routinely for not eating right. The latter(her sister) has come around to eggs now, I intend to screw her "swarg" by getting her to eat chicken. Yes I am a kameena :dance:

Been there seen that. I wouldnt be surprised if this is also a tool to keep off Muslims in general since there is a much more chance of them being non-vegetarian. Well so much more the reason for people to move towards Borivali area and slrrp on those yummy chicken chowmeins...:dance:
Lurker saar -- Bismillah rehmano reheem Please also visit sometimes one more hi-fi area called Lokhandawala Complex in Andheri (west). At spitting distance there is a place named Millat Nagar (Bus route no. 265 from Jogeshwari Station). You will find that Kuffars are strictly NOT allowed here and mainly pious believers living in Gulf countries have purchased flats here. The area adjoining to Millat Nagar is Behram Baug and during Ramajan month turns totally into mini-Pukistan with a lot of over-night gatherings of pious believers and the finest of Maulana giving discourses about Sunnah of beloved Prophet and how he brought the great religion and the holiest Quran in the month of Ramazan and every Muslim should follow Sunnah of beloved prophet by distroying idols -- (probably Allah is afraid of idols:confused_smile:). And we idolaters living in nearby Link Road Oshiwara area, have to endure these loud speakers whole night during holy month. Jazzak allah Khair brother. May allah bless you with 72 Goats.:shades_smile:

U can imagine whatever u want man but glaring FACT: When muslim ruled India they had the following edict No non-muslim can live in hindu locality. All of a sudden it becomes hindu's fault...Not buying As of today there is many-fold reason for segregation (1) medieval inertia (2) Frequent hindu/muslim riots where people feel more secured in their respective locality. (3) Then there is dawah kira which these guys have and whereby they indulge in majnugirir and subsequent conversion (4) Non-vegetarianism.. heck not just non-vegetarinims but beef-eating this puts religiously inclined ones off. And yes it's two-way street try getting an accomodation in muslim area as a hindu level of dificulty you will have to face reamains the same.
Arre yaar phir wahi murge ki ek taang? Do we always have to go to history for our present problems? Let me tell you of a personal situation that many Indians who live in US/Canada will admit to, even if they dont say it publicly. Okay so any Indian who lives in USA say tries to go to Chicago, New York, LA, Houston etc. These cities have areas that are like mini-India, maybe there are places like that in Canada too. In LA this area is Artesia, in Chicago this is Devon Avenue and so on. Once you reach there you will want to get some yummy food. Now I loveeeee food and so I have visited quite a few restaurants. However I tend to stay away from Pakistani restaurants. I somehow always find them dirty and in some ways smelly. Sorry my Pakistani friends I love your music and ghazals but your restaurants suck. But I know a lot of Indian friends who dont go to Pakistani restaurants because, "Pata nahin chicken mein kya mila dega". These are the same people who would easily go to an American joint, say Mexican restaurant and order whatever without worrying about the same thing. Now who here agrees with me on this? xxx

Lurker saar -- Bismillah rehmano reheem Please also visit sometimes one more hi-fi area called Lokhandawala Complex in Andheri (west). At spitting distance there is a place named Millat Nagar (Bus route no. 265 from Jogeshwari Station). You will find that Kuffars are strictly NOT allowed here and mainly pious believers living in Gulf countries have purchased flats here. The area adjoining to Millat Nagar is Behram Baug and during Ramajan month turns totally into mini-Pukistan with a lot of over-night gatherings of pious believers and the finest of Maulana giving discourses about Sunnah of beloved Prophet and how he brought the great religion and the holiest Quran in the month of Ramazan and every Muslim should follow Sunnah of beloved prophet by distroying idols -- (probably Allah is afraid of idols:confused_smile:). And we idolaters living in nearby Link Road Oshiwara area, have to endure these loud speakers whole night during holy month. Jazzak allah Khair brother. May allah bless you with 72 Goats.:shades_smile:
:haha::haha: Jazak Allah Sandtest bro. :giggle: Amma miyaan maine kab kaha ke Muslim log aisa nahin karte. Bare bhai as the saying goes - yeh gali donon taraf se khulti hai. :sad_smile: By the way I know of the area you are talking about. I lived in Kandivali area for a long time. But boss you have to agree Oshiwaara sucks!

:haha::haha: Jazak Allah Sandtest bro. :giggle: Amma miyaan maine kab kaha ke Muslim log aisa nahin karte. Bare bhai as the saying goes - yeh gali donon taraf se khulti hai. :sad_smile: By the way I know of the area you are talking about. I lived in Kandivali area for a long time. But boss you have to agree Oshiwaara sucks!
town mein aa jao :yay:

:haha::haha: Oshiwaara sucks!
Nahin Miyan...aisaa na boliye. :regular_smile: aap jis zamane ke Oshiwara ki soch rehe hain woh alag tha-adhunik duniya se marhoom tha.....aaj ki taarikh mein oshiwara woh mukkammal makaam hai jo ki Maalamaal hai...Yanee yehaan pe seb Mall hee Mall hai--shopping mall hai. Within an area of 1 kms. there are Three Malls and Two Multiplexes opened in 2006....Aur Lokhandwala jaisi nagri zyaada door nahin yehaa se. Aur abb tohTraffic itnee zyaadaa ho jaatee hai ke log paidal chalnaa munaasib semejhatey hain...aur kyaa Saboot chahiye. You have to agree now, Oshiwara Rocks :dance:

Nahin Miyan...aisaa na boliye. :regular_smile: aap jis zamane ke Oshiwara ki soch rehe hain woh alag tha-adhunik duniya se marhoom tha.....aaj ki taarikh mein oshiwara woh mukkammal makaam hai jo ki Maalamaal hai...Yanee yehaan pe seb Mall hee Mall hai--shopping mall hai. Within an area of 1 kms. there are Three Malls and Two Multiplexes opened in 2006....Aur Lokhandwala jaisi nagri zyaada door nahin yehaa se. Aur abb tohTraffic itnee zyaadaa ho jaatee hai ke log paidal chalnaa munaasib semejhatey hain...aur kyaa Saboot chahiye. You have to agree now, Oshiwara Rocks :dance:
Yaar I find it hard to beleive that Oshiwaara and Jogeshwari will ever develop :D:D but then again I have not been to either in past few years so agar aap insist karte hain to main apne shabd wapis le leta hoon. Malls and multiplxes are opening dime a dozen in Mumbai these days :sad_smile: My sisters's sasural is in Mulund and even that area now has too many of these. Every year it seems a few of these pop up. Speaking of Oshiwaara how is it holding up in these year monsoon? xx

You should also be hating f*cking moral non vegetarians like most hindus who don't eat beef and most muslims who don't eat pork !:confused_smile:
Why ? If they don't eat certain meats due to their religious beliefs, i couldn't care less. That is fine by me. My beef is with those sanctimonious jack@sses who think they are saving the environment by becoming cabbage-heads. You know the type. Those hypocritical hippies who abstain from eating meat because they think such eating habits harm the environment, but still use leather products and drive gas-guzzling SUVs.

A couple of my friends here at uni are pure jains. (they dont eat onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, etc) they even check the labels for bread.. some contain egg whites. Imagine surviving in a midwest town... being a Jain:confused_smile:
I have taught in a school which had a lot of gujju and jain kids and we couldn't even have potato chips for kiddy parties ...it had to be banans chips:sad_smile: And cake if any had to come from only one shop that sold pure veg cakes.The teachers had to see the bill from the shop before letting the cake in. Lurker ,there are Parsee and Catholic societies in Mumbai where people from other religions are not allowed to stay ....and I believe these societies have legal grounds for doing that.

town mein aa jao :yay:
Aa to jaaoon but have you seen the cost of living there? In Kandivali I paid for 2 BHK what I would otherwise pay for 1BHK in Bandra. And of course if you moved further South it only got costlier. Not to mention the deposit going high too(was 1.5 lakh plus then, abhi ka pata nahin). Chaar aane ki murgi(myself) aur barah aane ka masaala(cost of living). Nahin bhai Kandivali was the best! :dance::dance:

Lurker ,there are Parsee and Catholic societies in Mumbai where people from other religions are not allowed to stay ....and I believe these societies have legal grounds for doing that.
I can beleive Catholics may do it but Parsees? They are too gentile really are. Plus their numbers is dwindling so fast. Less than 50,000 or so exist in India today.:cry_smile::cry_smile: Pound for pound Parsees have done more for India than any other community. So in a strange way I feel unke liye saath khoon maaf. But on principal I do agree that such discrimination should not happen. xxx

Guest dada_rocks

We are a country where educational insituttes get tagged minority and then they go crazy with showing the rest middle finger in matters of admission .. ye to just housing society hai.. sala yahan nahin to aadmai kahin aur rah lega....

Speaking of Oshiwaara how is it holding up in these year monsoon? xx
Not a problem, there is a big Naala (gutter):shades_smile: flowing across Link Road near Bus Depot. Of course when whole Mumbai was flooded during that years downpour, Link Road was also like a river. However in normal rain it is dry like deserts of Mecca-Medina .:D Coming back to Malls and Multiplexes, I think Oshiwara has much more per square kilometer compared to any other place in Bambai nagri....if you will happen to visit Mumbai suburban in future, travel from Link Road and you will not miss beauty of Oshiwara :regular_smile: ::feels proud of marketing skills::

Coming back to Malls and Multiplexes, I think Oshiwara has much more per square kilometer compared to any other place in Bambai nagri....if you will happen to visit Mumbai suburban in future, travel from Link Road and you will not miss beauty of Oshiwara :regular_smile:
Great. I would keep that in mind when I am in town next. Waise I have always disliked Malls and Multiplexes Sandtest. Maybe its because I always loved to catch the Churchgate local, walk out to Eros and Sterling, catch a movie, then have some nice maska-paav in an Irani dhaaba and then go back home. With multiplexes around it is so much easier to do all of that I suppose. Walk to one, catch a movie with 50 and not 500 people, munch popcorn(price of which is sometimes included in total cost of ticket) and then go back home. I wonder if that would be as fascinating? And maybe Sterling and Eros are now doing pretty bad..financially I suppse? xx

Guest dada_rocks
Arre yaar phir wahi murge ki ek taang? Do we always have to go to history for our present problems? Let me tell you of a personal situation that many Indians who live in US/Canada will admit to, even if they dont say it publicly. Okay so any Indian who lives in USA say tries to go to Chicago, New York, LA, Houston etc. These cities have areas that are like mini-India, maybe there are places like that in Canada too. In LA this area is Artesia, in Chicago this is Devon Avenue and so on. Once you reach there you will want to get some yummy food. Now I loveeeee food and so I have visited quite a few restaurants. However I tend to stay away from Pakistani restaurants. I somehow always find them dirty and in some ways smelly. Sorry my Pakistani friends I love your music and ghazals but your restaurants suck. But I know a lot of Indian friends who dont go to Pakistani restaurants because, "Pata nahin chicken mein kya mila dega". These are the same people who would easily go to an American joint, say Mexican restaurant and order whatever without worrying about the same thing. Now who here agrees with me on this? xxx
Ama ye housing over-might to change hota nahin hai history becomes relevant.. btw there is one lahore house in toronto visted once.. yummy food but no concept of hygiene.. and yes I cud care less about them spiking my food with beef...