Any one with a stock market idea ? Explain

Sehwag1830

RG, haven't tracked that news for last week. Would need to check over now. The management of ITC imo is on their toes and coming up with new strategies as per the market and government policies. So it will rebounce. Invested in couple of losers strategically for long term benefits - couple of which are going further low and some 30% higher. Sun Pharma has gone from my CP 848 to 1027 now.

RG, haven't tracked that news for last week. Would need to check over now. The management of ITC imo is on their toes and coming up with new strategies as per the market and government policies. So it will rebounce. Invested in couple of losers strategically for long term benefits - couple of which are going further low and some 30% higher. Sun Pharma has gone from my CP 848 to 1027 now.
Regarding ITC, this one is at massive discount to other largecap fmcg stocks - HUL, dabur, Colgate, enami, Godrej, P&G etc. Demerger could be the key. Though last I check, non-cigarette biz. has abt zero profit as yet. Congrats - sun pharma move has been very good! Which are the losers in ur pf? (and if u could give the reasons for buying them)

Regarding ITC' date=' this one is at [b']massive discount to other largecap fmcg stocks - HUL, dabur, Colgate, enami, Godrej, P&G etc. Demerger could be the key. Though last I check, non-cigarette biz. has abt zero profit as yet. Congrats - sun pharma move has been very good! Which are the losers in ur pf? (and if u could give the reasons for buying them)
One loser purchased strategically is 3i. It is too big to be dissolved wholly. Some profit making IT company will do an acquisition of it. The reason being at least acquisition will make it bounce back to good profit if not on its own. That is bought as a calculated jackpot stock. Other loser i have bought is probably a broker driven stock which moves up 40X when the brokers decide to cash on it after dormant years. Would be selling it during that phase. Only 3 losers in portfolio purchased strategically . But mostly Bluechips and relatively very less small caps.

My grandfather left me shares in BG Group. Today I've heard they're about to be bought by Shell. What can I expect to happen to the share prices?
Congrats. stock has jumped on the news of merger. Found following - "BG Group has accepted and recommended the bid, whereby its investors will get of 383 pence and just under half a Shell B share, according to newswires." http://www.cnbc.com/id/102567440 Share prices(please verify) - BG=1154 pence, RDSB = 2022 pence http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/RDSB:LN https://in.finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=BG.L#symbol=bg.l;range=6m;compare=;indicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=; I'd say hold on if you can. Mergers can take time to complete though.

Congrats. stock has jumped on the news of merger. Found following - "BG Group has accepted and recommended the bid, whereby its investors will get of 383 pence and just under half a Shell B share, according to newswires." http://www.cnbc.com/id/102567440 Share prices(please verify) - BG=1154 pence, RDSB = 2022 pence http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/RDSB:LN https://in.finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=BG.L#symbol=bg.l;range=6m;compare=;indicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=; I'd say hold on if you can. Mergers can take time to complete though.
Thanks. :dance:

Shilpa med. up 20% today ...a straight 1.5 lac gain in a day . Granules up 40%+ in 15-20 days...2 lacs gain here as well. Bullish on torrent pharma, shasun pharma , alembic pharma and yes bank for 6 months to 2 yrs time frame. Sold oriental carbon today at 70% gains from my buy price

did you make the gains in Shilpa medcare and Granules india during trading or by holding it as investment ?
Investment. These 2 are long term buys. Yes bank is a long term buy too, have 5.25 lac worth shares of YB (sitting on 60%gains in a year) but bought 1000 shares more for a week in btst after q1 results sold those 1000 shares of today at 25k profit in 3.5 trading days I do trading+investing but mainly am an investor. What abt you?

occasional investor . The last 1 year has ensured i am in the green but i have not beaten the Index so i plan to stick to mutual funds.
Cool. Within MFs I guess small cap and midcap funds have outperformed? Franklin Templeton smaller cos. fund for ex.

IOC OFS tomorrow . Govt again offering an unnecessary 5% per cent discount to so-called retail category which is going to be availed by larger investors with access to numerous demat account and Pan cards. Just like in case of PFC and REC which are both below their OFS price.

MUMBAI: Smart traders made a quick buck in the offer for sale (OFS) of Power Finance Corporation (PFC) by taking advantage of the 5% discount offered to retail investors. On July 27, the day of the OFS, PFC traded at Rs 252-257 in the cash market, and the cut-off price announced for investors in the OFS was Rs 254.3. Traders went short on the stock in the futures market at a price of Rs 254-55. To cover these shorts, they bid at a higher cut-off price in the OFS issue in the retail category, through different family accounts , as investors can invest a maximum of up to Rs 2 lakh only.

The market is stagnant these days. I am staying put anyways with 5-7 lac worth of shares in each of Yes bank, Torrent pharma, Alembic pharma, Shilpa med., Shasun pharma, Granules India. and a smaller stake in few other companies.

Some new investment ideas, anybody?

WSJ : " In 2015, analyst stock predictions in India were basically worthless "

MI-CN453A_ITARG_G_20151227160310.jpg

:laugh: all these top firms had year-end Nifty targets well above 9000 and Sensex targets in excess of 30,000

All major global brokerage firms predicted the market would rise 15% to 20% this year. However, with just a few trading days left, India’s S&P BSE Sensex is down 6%, while the Nifty 50, the other major index, is down 5.1%.