The Narendra Modi thread

1983-2011

The Narendra Modi thread  

6 members have voted

1. 1.

And before you remove the cigar and say something, Surat Ahmedabad and Vadodara big cities were not having good status as far as electricity is concerned before 2002. Jyotigram was initiated by Modi and now Central gov wants to include it in 12th Five Year Plan. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Amid-gloom-Gujarat-sets-an-example/articleshow/15299794.cms AHMEDABAD: A power surplus state with near 24 hour electricity supply not just in cities like Ahmedabad and Vadodara but in all the 18,000 villages. Now, the Gujarat government plans to further sharply increase power generation from 13,500 MW now to 18,000 MW by the end of the current year. The Narendra Modi government was able to ensure almost 24 hour electricity supply, especially in villages, by implementing the Jyoti Gram project. Even the Government of India has accepted this as a flagship scheme for the 12th Five-Year plan (2012-17) for supplying round-the-clock, high-quality, three-phase power to all villages. Commissioned in 2006, Jyoti Gram provides for a separate electric feeder for domestic use and a limited agricultural supply of nearly eight hours a day, continuous and of constant voltage. A recently released Planning Commission document, "Faster, Sustainable and More Inclusive Growth : An Approach to the 12th Five Year Plan", says "the separation of agricultural feeders" in the country will enable villages to get "24 X 7 three-phased power for domestic uses, schools, hospitals and village industries". As for the farm pumpsets, which require more power, they can obtain "eight hours or more of quality power on a pre-announced schedule." The document underlines, "The programme of feeder separation has to be carried through across the country. Gujarat has achieved very good results by combining feeder separation with an extensive watershed programme for groundwater recharge. Punjab, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh have also moved forward in this direction. Feeder separation needs to be extended to all states, especially where groundwater is extensively used." The Gujarat government spent Rs 1,200 crore to implement Jyoti Gram by separating 12,000 agricultural feeders from domestic feeders. It brought down transmission and distribution losses from 35 per cent five years ago to 15-19 per cent this year. Already a power surplus state, Gujarat sold 5,105.43 million units (MUs) to other states last year earning a profit of Rs 1,888.53crore. Last year, the state had sold 5,105 million units to states like Rajasthan, Haryana, Punjab, Delhi and Maharashtra. This was approximately seven per cent of total power produced in the state 68,710 MUs. According to minister of state for power, Saurabh Patel the government sold power at Rs 8.51 per unit to Rajasthan, at Rs 7.70 per unit to Maharashtra and 9.52 per unit to Delhi. By selling these surplus power, the government was giving Rs 3,000 crore as subsidy to farmers. With new plants planned to come up, the situation would further improve. And, Gujarat is not just planning to have more imported coal and gas based power plants, but is also negotiating with the Government of India for a second ultra mega power plant (UMPP). There has been no looking back since 2004 when the state successfully unbundled the loss-making Gujarat Electricity Board (GEB) into smaller power utilities. Smaller set-ups improved efficiency - cutting T&D losses and better plant load factor - helping the firms to make profits Now put the Cigar back.
You want to post articles. I will keep on posting counter-articles and this will never end No Modi magic behind surplus power in Gujarat http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_no-modi-magic-behind-power-surplus-in-gujarat_1694825
A closer look at figures provided by the state government shows that instead of having gone up, as the state government has made everyone to believe, electricity produced by its power generation arm, Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Limited (GSECL) has gone down in recent years. Out of total power generation of 78,600 Million Units (MUs) in the state in 2011-12, GSECL accounted for around 28,000 MUs. In 2010-11, total power generation was 71,250 MUs, of which GSECL accounted for 27,762 MUs. A rewind to 2005-06, when stateÃÔ power generation was 59,000 MUs, shows that GSECL had generated 27,130 MUs of power, i.e. just marginally lower than what it is generating now.
Electricity-surplus Gujarat not so ÁÑower-full? finds census http://www.indianexpress.com/news/electricitysurplus-gujarat-not-so-powerfull-finds-census/933150/0
The census, however, belies this claim and points out that Gujarat has 11 lakh households that have absolutely no source to light up their homes. About 15% of these homes are in the urban areas. There are about nine lakh houses that use kerosene lamps to light their homes. Of this, over eight lakh houses are in the rural areas, while the remaining one lakh are in the urban centres. So of the total 1.2 crore households in the state, 1.1 crore use electricity to light up their dwellings.
Here's a report from the CEA (Central Electrical Authority) an independent power assessment body. In it's report it mentions that Gujarat will be almost in 19.1% deficit at the peak and 1.6% deficit in energy. http://www.cea.nic.in/reports/yearly/lgbr_report.pdf GUVNL can claiming itself to be power surplus is like Danish Kaneria claiming to have a "teesra" delivery. Kahin aur tel becho yaar yeh Modi Superhero waala. He's a good leader and that's it - nothing more. There have been very few (or NO reforms) by him. Now, here's my cigar for you. :bigboss:

GUVNL can claiming itself to be power surplus is like Danish Kaneria claiming to have a "teesra" delivery. Kahin aur tel becho yaar yeh Modi Superhero waala. He's a good leader and that's it - nothing more. There have been very few (or NO reforms) by him. Now' date= here's my cigar for you.
Did you even read the article that Khalpat posted?
Commissioned in 2006, Jyoti Gram provides for a separate electric feeder for domestic use and a limited agricultural supply of nearly eight hours a day, continuous and of constant voltage. A recently released Planning Commission document, "Faster, Sustainable and More Inclusive Growth : An Approach to the 12th Five Year Plan", says "the separation of agricultural feeders" in the country will enable villages to get "24 X 7 three-phased power for domestic uses, schools, hospitals and village industries".
Already a power surplus state, Gujarat sold 5,105.43 million units (MUs) to other states last year earning a profit of Rs 1,888.53crore. Last year, the state had sold 5,105 million units to states like Rajasthan, Haryana, Punjab, Delhi and Maharashtra.
Of the articles you posted, the CEA report is outdated and is based on the situation in 2010-11, whereas Gujarat became power surplus around the beginning of this year. About 2011-12 it has only made a prediction.

Wall Street Journal article on India's grid collapse praises Gujarat for the power sector reforms:

But perhaps the greatest display of political gumption and policy creativity comes from Gujarat in the west. Chief Minister Narendra Modi's first victory was curbing the theft of power, one reason for transmission and distribution losses. Mr. Modi's real innovation, however, has been to set up a parallel distribution network to sell farmers electricity at competitive prices. Consumers can still access the old grid at subsidized prices, but they're increasingly turning to the new one for stable supply. Now Gujarat is the only Indian state that generates more power than it consumes. Consumer choice helps wean people off a de facto entitlement so that subsidized electricity can be phased out. While not all Chief Ministers will be as bold as Mr. Modi, it's clear that India's states are the new laboratories for reform. National measures may still be needed to reshape the broader market, but the electricity crisis shows that state governments can respond to consumer needs better than New Delhi. So it makes sense to vest them with more responsibility to provide the likes of roads and bridges too. The biggest lesson from the great blackout is that Delhi's failures don't necessarily doom the economy. Mr. Singh's fecklessness may deprive India of power today, but federalism gives the likes of Mr. Modi the ability to take initiative. For India to overcome its slump, the states need all the power they can get.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444226904577560702435343314.html

Interesting to note how people are either in denial or trying to discredit the man's success. He is far from an ideal man and his past is tainted to say the least, but one only has to be Gujarat for some time to know the kind of reforms this govt. has brought about. Whether it is the enterprise of the local entrepreneurs or otherwise, the point is that the govt. has played the role of facilitator. There is enterprise and talent in the country but look how sorely we are getting screwed on the national front. So, good governance is more about assurance and reforms depending on what the situation requires. There is no secret why Gujarat is getting the kind of investments in last 3-4 years.

Did you even read the article that Khalpat posted? Of the articles you posted, the CEA report is outdated and is based on the situation in 2010-11, whereas Gujarat became power surplus around the beginning of this year. About 2011-12 it has only made a prediction.
Did you read any of the other two articles I posted? It debunks those claims. [1] Both articles explain why GUVNL claims are like Danish Kaneria Teesra's case [2] GUVNL claimed to be power surplus in 2010 itself. Kuch bhi mat bol Seedhi! :haha: [3] Lets presume your claim and thing about this. The report was signed in May 2011 FYI. So please enlighten us from 2011 being -5.7% with 4112 MU which energy machine do you use in the world to go surplus within 9 months? Also, here we are talking about GSECL and not the private providers. Even if there is surplus (To have around 6% jump in 1 year is ridiculous!) that would be due to private players and NOT GSECL. It's amazing how you can sound cynical on a few words on one independent article and then go all guns blazing with a flag on another one.

Interesting to note how people are either in denial or trying to discredit the man's success. He is far from an ideal man and his past is tainted to say the least, but one only has to be Gujarat for some time to know the kind of reforms this govt. has brought about. Whether it is the enterprise of the local entrepreneurs or otherwise, the point is that the govt. has played the role of facilitator. There is enterprise and talent in the country but look how sorely we are getting screwed on the national front. So, good governance is more about assurance and reforms depending on what the situation requires. There is no secret why Gujarat is getting the kind of investments in last 3-4 years.
Bhai, No one his discrediting of his success just putting it into context. There are great things which he has done but to call him a revolutionary, a rebel, a round peg in a square hole is ridiculous!

Bhai' date=' No one his discrediting of his success just putting it into context. There are great things which he has done but to call him a revolutionary, a rebel, a round peg in a square hole is ridiculous![/quote'] You will have to understand the context. He is a politician, an Indian politician who is working hard for welfare schemes. Its a very rare breed man don't you know. Let there be a good number of politicians , CM, Administrators, Ministers who are as good as him surely no one will get overboard while praising him. Everyone knows Abhinav Bindra and go overboard while praising him he won a gold medal, let India win 20 Gold Medals in olympics and no one will say more than two lines in his praise. Same goes to Sachin of early 90's and Sachin of today. He plays in the same way as he was playing in 1994 but people now criticize him more and that time he was showered all the praises as one man army and all. Just because you do not go overboard while praising shows your maturity but you cannot and should not stop people from doing so right? Is it so hard to understand for a cigar smoking person i don't think.

You will have to understand the context. He is a politician, an Indian politician who is working hard for welfare schemes. Its a very rare breed man don't you know. Let there be a good number of politicians , CM, Administrators, Ministers who are as good as him surely no one will get overboard while praising him. Everyone knows Abhinav Bindra and go overboard while praising him he won a gold medal, let India win 20 Gold Medals in olympics and no one will say more than two lines in his praise. Same goes to Sachin of early 90's and Sachin of today. He plays in the same way as he was playing in 1994 but people now criticize him more and that time he was showered all the praises as one man army and all. Just because you do not go overboard while praising shows your maturity but you cannot and should not stop people from doing so right? Is it so hard to understand for a cigar smoking person i don't think.
Credit where it's due. You put a power "surplus" link I debunked it by actual facts. This is not for me to say he's not a good leader but some people keep on attributing credit to him where he shouldn't. If you want to attribute credit in the power sector, do that for the Solar Panel over Narmada Canal - now that seems fine. However, if you keep on bringing in bizarre numbers to credit him I will keep on debunking those claims like I have done in the past. So, lets stop giving excuses and learn to be "objective". Now, just because people don't have the maturity it doesn't give them the license to go all gung-ho over smeared facts and hail Modi as the next savior. This seems something easy for me to understand. I'm sure being a Tendulkar fanboy makes it difficult to digest it. Doesn't it? :wink2:

Credit where it's due. You put a power "surplus" link I debunked it by actual facts. This is not for me to say he's not a good leader but some people keep on attributing credit to him where he shouldn't. If you want to attribute credit in the power sector, do that for the Solar Panel over Narmada Canal - now that seems fine. However, if you keep on bringing in bizarre numbers to credit him I will keep on debunking those claims like I have done in the past. So, lets stop giving excuses and learn to be "objective". Now, just because people don't have the maturity it doesn't give them the license to go all gung-ho over smeared facts and hail Modi as the next savior. This seems something easy for me to understand. I'm sure being a Tendulkar fanboy makes it difficult to digest it. Doesn't it? :wink2:
And Jyotigram has nothing to do with power right. Khamkhah Central gov is implementing the same in 12th five year plan. Solar Panel over Narmada Canal no credit to CM right? Cotton is produced in three states Guj, Mah and Andhra. Farmers of other two states do suicide and farmer of Guj is selling his maal in China, no credit to CM right? Law and Order is among best no communal violence in Gujarat in last 9 years. No farmer agitation. No news of industries getting locked. Nano getting all papers cleared in 3 days no credit to CM right? Agricultural growth has been recorded as the highest wrt any state any were. no credit to CM. Forget the links and media news. Can we just beleive what people of Gujarat have to say about Power Water Unemployment Law And Order Investment Infrastructure Ask them, forget it ask the lion of Gir and beleive me you will have to remove your cigar for a moment even they are enjoying and their count is increasing. The antiincumbency factor works as such that if there is a self boasting or hyped CM who just boasts and there is no change in ground reality. People will through them out of power which is not happening. So giving credit were it is due is been taken care by the people of that state.

[3] Lets presume your claim and thing about this. The report was signed in May 2011 FYI. So please enlighten us from 2011 being -5.7% with 4112 MU which energy machine do you use in the world to go surplus within 9 months? Also' date= here we are talking about GSECL and not the private providers. Even if there is surplus (To have around 6% jump in 1 year is ridiculous!)
Why is 6% capacity addition in a year ridiculous ? That is perfectly normal for an economy growing at a growth rate of 7% plus.
that would be due to private players and NOT GSECL.
This is an amazing argument. It is because of the power sector reforms that the private power producers have been able to thrive. Does not the govt of the day get any credit for the effective, swift decision making and sound policy?
It's amazing how you can sound cynical on a few words on one independent article and then go all guns blazing with a flag on another one.
Ok, so an article that brands Modi as fascist is supposed to be unbiased now? The writers have betrayed their intent in the article itself.

And Jyotigram has nothing to do with power right. Khamkhah Central gov is implementing the same in 12th five year plan. Solar Panel over Narmada Canal no credit to CM right? Cotton is produced in three states Guj, Mah and Andhra. Farmers of other two states do suicide and farmer of Guj is selling his maal in China, no credit to CM right? Law and Order is among best no communal violence in Gujarat in last 9 years. No farmer agitation. No news of industries getting locked. Nano getting all papers cleared in 3 days no credit to CM right? Agricultural growth has been recorded as the highest wrt any state any were. no credit to CM. Forget the links and media news. Can we just beleive what people of Gujarat have to say about Power Water Unemployment Law And Order Investment Infrastructure Ask them, forget it ask the lion of Gir and beleive me you will have to remove your cigar for a moment even they are enjoying and their count is increasing. The antiincumbency factor works as such that if there is a self boasting or hyped CM who just boasts and there is no change in ground reality. People will through them out of power which is not happening. So giving credit were it is due is been taken care by the people of that state.
It highlights hope "high" (emotionally) you are when typing & I doubt even care to read. Here's what I wrote in the post you quoted me .
If you want to attribute credit in the power sector, do that for the Solar Panel over Narmada Canal - now that seems fine.
Here's what you write
Solar Panel over Narmada Canal no credit to CM right?
It's high time you start taking some cigars to "read" and then answer. Once you're done let me know on how we can have a sane discussion devoid of emotions flying all over the place. :bigboss:

Why is 6% capacity addition in a year ridiculous ? That is perfectly normal for an economy growing at a growth rate of 7% plus.
:cantstop: Here's how your arguments panned out Claim 1 - Gujarat is power surplus Fact 1 - Surprise CEA says otherwise Comeback on Claim 1 - Gujarat became power surplus only at the start of this year (another blanket statement without any reference) Fact 2 - GUVNL claims to be power surplus in year 2010 :haha: Anyways, this claim is like Shoaib Akhtar saying I saw Tendulkar's legs tremble when he faced me! :hysterical: Khud apne aap ko Number 1 declare karo And now mother of all claims - 6 % capacity power in a year is a stroll in the park when our economic performance is 7% :rofl: First, I left that 6% purposefully as a bait (because somewhere in the back of my mind I knew you will now claim superiority over this argument). Now, I will not tell you why this x% is a ridiculous number. You do your projections/analysis and whatever it is to enlighten me how and why can you produce this x%. You need to do the following things [1] Come up with the number x [2] Tell me how the capacity of MUs will be required [3] Where and what resources are being used? [4] How are these resources being procured? If you will closely think and understand what's required to do from [1] - [4] you will never say that because we grow 7% economically we can produce 6% (still not 6% though btw) power. And - now wait for it because you will run away after this - after you have done all this - tell me what happened that till March 2011 which couldn't be done that happened from April 2011 and March 2012 which caused an power surplus!
This is an amazing argument. It is because of the power sector reforms that the private power producers have been able to thrive. Does not the govt of the day get any credit for the effective, swift decision making and sound policy?
This takes the cherry on the cake. I :hail: thee! What a swift decision making power by the government to have 5.7% power deficit! I :cheer: the government and hope that every other government follows this suit so that it can be power deficit. How ridiculous can an argument get? :cantstop:
Ok, so an article that brands Modi as fascist is supposed to be unbiased now? The writers have betrayed their intent in the article itself.
Now, I need to correct RC skills as well. Sigh! The article never brands Modi as a "fascist" - yes read it! I will decode what it says in simple English for you - "It says to make Modi + Hindutva as a pre requisite for superior economic performance for India is a fascist ideology". Also, I see how you are sticking to a few words in the article and ignoring the rest - way to go my friend. :good:

:Now' date=' I need to correct RC skills as well. Sigh! The article never brands Modi as a "fascist" - yes read it! I will decode what it says in simple English for you - [b']"It says to make Modi + Hindutva as a pre requisite for superior economic performance for India is a fascist ideology". Also, I see how you are sticking to a few words in the article and ignoring the rest - way to go my friend. :good:
Wrong again, this is what it says:
Maharashtra's growth story, equal if not better than Gujarat's, shows neither fascism nor a cult figure like Modi is necessary for superior economic performance.
So a supposed economic analysis of Gujarat implies that fascism is prevalent there and that N. Modi a cult figure. How is this supposed to be unbiased? As for your point about power capacity addition, here you go:
Gujarat adds 1570 MW power capacities in FY11 Country achieves highest ever capacity addition in the power sector In the year 2010-11, Gujarat added power generation capacities to the tune of 1570 MW, nearly 10 per cent of the total capacities added in the country during the year. Sushilkumar Shinde, union minister of power today informed that the country has achieved highest ever capacity addition in the power sector at record 15,795 MW for the year 2010-11. Of the total capacities added during the year in Gujarat, Gujarat Industrial Power Corporation Limited (GIPCL), a state-promoted power company had added 250 MW for its lignite-based power plant at Surat during the first quarter of the year. Adani group's Adani Power commissioned a total of 1320 MW of coal-based power generation capacities at its Mundra Power plant. In a statement issued today, the minister informed that for the first quarter of the fiscal, the capacity addition stood at 2065 MW, while in the second quarter the capacity addition was 2870 MW. Third quarter witnessed sharp jump in the capacity addition with 4795.5 MW of new capacities being added during the period and in the fourth quarter the capacity addition was 2430 MW. Giving further details about the new capacities added, the statement informed that 690 MW of capacities were added in the hydro power sector, while 890.5 MW of capacity addition was seen in the gas/LNG fuelled facilities. However, in the forth quarter of the fiscal Nuclear Power Corporation commissioned had 220 MW of nuclear power facilities in Karnataka. The prominent companies which added to the capacity included NTPC, Adani Power, Reliance Power and Tata Power. http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/gujarat-adds-1570-mw-power-capacities-in-fy11/431108/
Let me leave you with an excerpt from the latest Time article on the grid failure in India:
After the Blackout: How India's Planners Failed Its People ......... New Delhi is now looking to emulate the Jyoti Gram project in Gujarat, a power-surplus state (which boasts of almost all-day and high-quality electricity supply in its cities and 18,000 villages), and add 100 GW of capacity by 2017, delivering uninterrupted electricity to all its population. With a targeted $400 billion in public and private investments, a successful local model and a generous dose of political will, IndiaÃÔ power sector need not be written off just yet. But many wonder why it had to come to this. Read more: http://world.time.com/2012/08/02/after-the-blackout-how-indias-planners-failed-its-people/#ixzz22PYlJvoU

Seedhi, You are just beating around the bush here. You want to me to post the articles I posted once more? They are counter arguments - and this will go on & on. Now, just listen and understand here - even after adding 10% of blah, blah, blah the state is 5.7% power deficient. So, please which machine does Gujarat use to become power surplus in the next year? I have been asking since ages for you post official numbers "relevant to the point at hand" and you keep on posting folkore and popular perceptions. :facepalm: And btw New Delhi is "looking to emulate" is speculative just like Gujarat being power deficient in 2012 from the independent CEA report is "speculative". If you want to "speculate" be ready to "speculate" throughout and not selectively! Just forget everything and I'm really irritated here - backup your claim that Gujarat is power surplus. And post audit numbers not TOI-let paper articles! In addition, try to lookup the meaning of the word "cult" in the dictionary as well.

Seedhi' date=' You are just beating around the bush here. You want to me to post the articles I posted once more? They are counter arguments - and this will go on & on. Now, just listen and understand here - even after adding 10% of blah, blah, blah the state is 5.7% power deficient. So, please which machine does Gujarat use to become power surplus in the next year? I have been asking since ages for you post official numbers "relevant to the point at hand" and you keep on posting folkore and popular perceptions. :facepalm:[/quote'] This is the FIRST LINE OF AN ARTICLE YOU POSTED: And regarding the CEA, you are quoting an outdated report based on numbers for 2010. The recent monthly numbers are here http://cea.nic.in/executive_summary.html . Look at the actual power supply/demand figures in the recent monthly reports: http://cea.nic.in/reports/monthly/executive_rep/jan12/25-26.pdf Dec'11 gap for Gujarat 0.4% . http://cea.nic.in/reports/monthly/executive_rep/feb12/25-26.pdf Jan'12 Gap 0.3% http://cea.nic.in/reports/monthly/executive_rep/mar12/31-32.pdf Feb'12 Gap 0.3% http://cea.nic.in/reports/monthly/executive_rep/apr12/25-26.pdf Mar'12 Gap 0.2% http://cea.nic.in/reports/monthly/executive_rep/may12/26-26a.pdf Apr'12 0% http://cea.nic.in/reports/monthly/executive_rep/jun12/25-26.pdf May'12 Gap 0.3% Anyway, the fact of being surplus is regarding the installed capacity vs expected demand. Gujarat sells a lot of power to other states and is also able to essentially satisfy its own demand. Small deficits between demand and availability remain, I guess due to variation in demand and the fact that power generation capacity is also committed to other states. This is from a report of the Planning Commission of India Chaired by the Prime Minister of India. http://planningcommission.nic.in/plans/planrel/12appdrft/appraoch_12plan.pdf

This is the FIRST LINE OF AN ARTICLE YOU POSTED: And regarding the CEA, you are quoting an outdated report based on numbers for 2010. The recent monthly numbers are here http://cea.nic.in/executive_summary.html . Look at the actual power supply/demand figures in the recent monthly reports: http://cea.nic.in/reports/monthly/executive_rep/jan12/25-26.pdf Dec'11 gap for Gujarat 0.4% . http://cea.nic.in/reports/monthly/executive_rep/feb12/25-26.pdf Jan'12 Gap 0.3% http://cea.nic.in/reports/monthly/executive_rep/mar12/31-32.pdf Feb'12 Gap 0.3% http://cea.nic.in/reports/monthly/executive_rep/apr12/25-26.pdf Mar'12 Gap 0.2% http://cea.nic.in/reports/monthly/executive_rep/may12/26-26a.pdf Apr'12 0% http://cea.nic.in/reports/monthly/executive_rep/jun12/25-26.pdf May'12 Gap 0.3% Anyway, the fact of being surplus is regarding the installed capacity vs expected demand. Gujarat sells a lot of power to other states and is also able to essentially satisfy its own demand. Small deficits between demand and availability remain, I guess due to variation in demand and the fact that power generation capacity is also committed to other states. This is from a report of the Planning Commission of India Chaired by the Prime Minister of India. http://planningcommission.nic.in/plans/planrel/12appdrft/appraoch_12plan.pdf
Thanks Seedhi! I am not unreasonable I stand corrected on this then. Indeed it looks like Gujarat is almost power surplus and this is indeed commendable job and definitely Narendra Modi should deserve some credit at least! I must add that feeder programs are implemented in other states too - Punjab, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh etc. So, I am a little skeptical of the novelty factor her but anyways he still deserves credit. Are there any particular numbers for public versus private sectors though? I must say I'm quite surprised (and happy) by this numbers. I want to understand if I should give credit to Modi regarding just policy or policy plus implementation. I would also like to educated myself (from people like you) on other sectors too. I am looking for a more healthy discussion on other sectors like healthcare, agriculture etc. I still stand by the Rediff article though - Economic reforms are must for Modi or anyone to survive.
seedhi , I was just going to post the exact same pdf links from CEA website :omg: and regarding the dispute about power surplus .... have a look at Feb'12 numbers it says there is a shortage of 20 MU to satisfy a demand of 5871 MU. But then if you look at Jan'11 report it says GJ produced 5895 MU which is more than the Feb'12 demand. Meaning the capacity to fulfill feb'12 requirement was there more than year ago. So you are absolutely right when you say that the reports don't include the power that was sold to other states. So what happens now in the debate now that the resident troll has been owned ? He will naturally get bent out of shape ... gather his troops and try to ridicule you on some inane technicality or better yet try to drive the discussion elsewhere. Smilies will come in handy. He will also now look for other opportunities to settle scores with you *so you can expect a whole lot of trolling/ridicule comming your way. Good luck trying to "debate" with kids like these ... :--D
20sfx40.jpg20sfx40.jpg20sfx40.jpg20sfx40.jpg20sfx40.jpg20sfx40.jpg20sfx40.jpg

Thanks Seedhi! I am not unreasonable I stand corrected on this then. Indeed it looks like Gujarat is almost power surplus and this is indeed commendable job and definitely Narendra Modi should deserve some credit at least! I must add that feeder programs are implemented in other states too - Punjab' date= Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh etc. So, I am a little skeptical of the novelty factor her but anyways he still deserves credit. Are there any particular numbers for public versus private sectors though? I must say I'm quite surprised (and happy) by this numbers. I want to understand if I should give credit to Modi regarding just policy or policy plus implementation. I would also like to educated myself (from people like you) on other sectors too. I am looking for a more healthy discussion on other sectors like healthcare, agriculture etc. I still stand by the Rediff article though - Economic reforms are must for Modi or anyone to survive.
I believe the agricultural feeder separation is an idea first implemented in Gujarat, and the other states are only now moving towards it only after Gujarat's successful implementation. The planning commission report also points this out.

I believe the agricultural feeder separation is an idea first implemented in Gujarat' date=' and the other states are only now moving towards it only after Gujarat's successful implementation. The planning commission report also points this out.[/quote'] Yes - I guess so too. Any numbers of the public versus private sector power situation? I suspect it has been Modi's policy implementation.

So what happens now in the debate now that the resident troll has been owned ? He will naturally get bent out of shape ... gather his troops and try to ridicule you on some inane technicality or better yet try to drive the discussion elsewhere. Smilies will come in handy. He will also now look for other opportunities to settle scores with you so you can expect a whole lot of trolling/ridicule comming your way. Good luck trying to "debate" with kids like these ... :--D
This is your way of argument? Did I call you by any name on this thread before you replied with terms like "residential troll" and called me a "kid"? I replied to "Seedhi" and "Khalpat" and what's between me and them is between me and then - Who are you to tell me what should I do? Buzz off dude! It's below my dignity to speak with you.