India 'A' to tour New Zealand in September 2012

yep...but i didnt even expected one half century from chand.. he has done ok imo
Infact of all the Indian batsmen he seemed to be the most assured in the middle. Though Rayudu scored a century, given the conditions yesterday and the new ball, he looked to be our best batsman. He needs to improve his range of strokes on the legside to do better in limited overs cricket though.
yep...but i didnt even expected one half century from chand.. he has done ok imo others have failed but that was expected mandeep maybe he will score some runs in remaining matches even if he does not its no big deal im sure he has learnt a lot form this tour i owuld have loved to see rahane in this team he failed in windies and never gets match atleast he had chance to get some kanfidece anmd get in form before england series and if there wasnt any t20 world cup would rohit have been picked for this tour ?
No one has failed. No one has succeeded. People are just learning their craft. If no T20 World Cup was happening, Rohit and Tiwary would have been here. But I am glad they selected this bunch and hope they stick to the core team for some time.
a) Bisht does not play for ROI :poink: b) Vinay Kumar is better than all those pacers who's presently playing T20 for India :finger: Is still a strong candidate for the India ODI. If you don't want to take Kumar, who exactly would you take? Mithun?:woot: Aravind?:woot: Deepak Chahar :woot: And Awana was injured. c) Shami is great in helpful conditions. Yet to see him on pattas. Actually, he gets thrashed around in pattas mostly.
ur fav legend gets trashed in perth :finger: acha ye bta .. who does not gets trashed on pattas? even our fat khan is pathetic on flat tracks if we can even get bowler who is good in good conditions i will take him!!!:cheer:
Infact of all the Indian batsmen he seemed to be the most assured in the middle. Though Rayudu scored a century' date=' given the conditions yesterday and the new ball, he looked to be our best batsman. He needs to improve his range of strokes on the legside to do better in limited overs cricket though.[/quote'] who rayadu //? he has done well in ipl :hmmm: mandeep will be here acha have u seen that yadav guy play ? is he jsut a slogger or got out on good balls ? came here to post this :hysterical:
a) Bisht does not play for ROI :poink: b) Vinay Kumar is better than all those pacers who's presently playing T20 for India :finger: Is still a strong candidate for the India ODI. If you don't want to take Kumar, who exactly would you take? Mithun?:woot: Aravind?:woot: Deepak Chahar :woot: And Awana was injured. c) Shami is great in helpful conditions. Yet to see him on pattas. Actually, he gets thrashed around in pattas mostly.
Chahar is certainly shaping up well. He is developing. He did not many wickets in the Irani match but I could see what he is striving for and is working towards his goal. He is till only 20 and I expect in next 1-2 years if he continues to progress he will be a top bowler.
I disagree. Rohit' date=' Rahane, Pujara they all are not established yet in the national team and they all could have played for India A side. It would have been better if Rahane and Pujara were here to get more overseas experience under their belt before touring overseas to play tests.[/quote'] So Rohit should not have been in the T20 side? And Pujara's Test place is not assured? Why would you bring in a guy from the Test squad in the India-A squad? From that POV, even Kohli should have played this. Rahane was in the Test squad when this camp was going on. I see no point having the same player in both spaces. If Rahane would have been here, Chand wouldn't have got an opportunity. And Rahane has got his fair share of exposure already - Eng, Aus, WI. And probably would have still been here had he not got selected for the Test team.
Chahar is certainly shaping up well. He is developing. He did not many wickets in the Irani match but I could see what he is striving for and is working towards his goal. He is till only 20 and I expect in next 1-2 years if he continues to progress he will be a top bowler.
Can be in the A-team in 2 years if he 'does well'. Was pretty ordinary in the Irani Cup.
Bisht doesn't play for ROI, yet was not chosen as it would've made Irani trophy utterly irrelevant if every useful player from Rajasthan would have been unavailable! Vinay Kumar is better than other seamers? This is what happens with Indian fans. When you play a player they cry to drop him and bring someone else back. The moment he is back and fails, they vanish from the scene. Vinay Kumar failed to take wickets in ODIs against NZ A. He is a failure! And just give me one link ONE LINK... saying that Awana was injured! He was NOT injured and I know that for sure!
ur fav legend gets trashed in perth :finger: acha ye bta .. who does not gets trashed on pattas? even our fat khan is pathetic on flat tracks if we can even get bowler who is good in good conditions i will take him!!!:cheer:
Not asking to select him in Tests. But he did well in the ODIs after that. Not seen Yadav, don't know. :dontknow:
So Rohit should not have been in the T20 side? And Pujara's Test place is not assured? Why would you bring in a guy from the Test squad in the India-A squad? From that POV, even Kohli should have played this. Rahane was in the Test squad when this camp was going on. I see no point having the same player in both spaces. If Rahane would have been here, Chand wouldn't have got an opportunity. And Rahane has got his fair share of exposure already - Eng, Aus, WI. And probably would have still been here had he not got selected for the Test team.
Thats what I said. Rohit is playing T20 so he is not here. Pujara because he is not playing anywhere right now and it would have been better if he had been here rather than playing Irani trophy. Not assured means he is not yet a very experienced batsman. If you saw what A team Australia had sent to Zimbabwe you will know what I mean. Rohit, Rahane, Tiwary, Pujara, Kohli they need more overseas exposure in inconsequential matches.
Can be in the A-team in 2 years if he 'does well'. Was pretty ordinary in the Irani Cup.
I saw where he is progressing. He does not want to be one trick pony bowler like PK and I could see he is working on strength training to gain pace and looked quicker than last time I saw him. He wants to be a more alround bowler, not just bowling 125k and swinging but swing at a better pace. It may take time but he is able to achieve that then that will be some achievement for him.
Bisht doesn't play for ROI, yet was not chosen as it would've made Irani trophy utterly irrelevant if every useful player from Rajasthan would have been unavailable! Vinay Kumar is better than other seamers? This is what happens with Indian fans. When you play a player they cry to drop him and bring someone else back. The moment he is back and fails, they vanish from the scene. Vinay Kumar failed to take wickets in ODIs against NZ A. He is a failure! And just give me one link ONE LINK... saying that Awana was injured! He was NOT injured and I know that for sure!
Bisht was injured then; he'd suffered an injury in the WI series. Are you serious when you say that they selected Menaria ahead of Bisht for the NZ series, and kept back Bisht for Irani Cup? Easy for you to call everyone a failure. Go check Vinay's performance in the three ODIs and then make such silly statements. Fans like you should first follow matches and then come up with your great opinions. http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-07-26/top-stories/32868463_1_kings-xi-punjab-ipl-visa-issues Link for you on Awana's injury. Was still under rehabilitation till July 26.
I saw where he is progressing. He does not want to be one trick pony bowler like PK and I could see he is working on strength training to gain pace and looked quicker than last time I saw him. He wants to be a more alround bowler' date=' not just bowling 125k and swinging but swing at a better pace. It may take time but he is able to achieve that then that will be some achievement for him.[/quote'] No issues with young bowlers progressing and taking time to learn their craft. Would be glad if he develops into a frontline bowler in two years. But no way is he India-A material right now. I have a different take on giving opportunities to youngsters. For me, Rohit and Pujara have got enough opportunities and would always be around for a while. We only create a stronger bench when we give these new players an opportunity, and mind you, these are some of the top performers in last year's Ranji. If the same few guys will block all positions - India, India A, ODIs, T20, the next lot will hardly get any exposure. Neither would we know as to how good they are. If Rahane would have been here, Chand would have never got an opportunity to show that he is quite close to this level as well.
No issues with young bowlers progressing and taking time to learn their craft. Would be glad if he develops into a frontline bowler in two years. But no way is he India-A material right now. I have a different take on giving opportunities to youngsters. For me, Rohit and Pujara have got enough opportunities and would always be around for a while. We only create a stronger bench when we give these new players an opportunity, and mind you, these are some of the top performers in last year's Ranji. If the same few guys will block all positions - India, India A, ODIs, T20, the next lot will hardly get any exposure. Neither would we know as to how good they are. If Rahane would have been here, Chand would have never got an opportunity to show that he is quite close to this level as well.
Not right now. Lets see what he does this season.
What should count more? Bisht's 100 and 60 in irani Trophy vs Ishant' date=' Umesh and Ojha (an almost Indian test attack) or Rayudu's 105 vs the Kiwis bowlers here?[/quote'] Rayudu's performance on this tour till now has been very good and it will certainly count more in these conditions against some good bowlers while Ishant was off the best of his rhythm. Yadav wayward and hot and cold. Ojha was a spinner and rarely any spinner will bother Indian batsman especially with no help. Though Bist looked very secured too in both the innings.