India 'A' to tour New Zealand in September 2012

Does anyone else think Chand will be ready by the SA tour? To me, he is as ready as a young Indian batsman going to get. Assuming Bhudda has taken sanyas by then, I would drop Sehwag to #6, open with Chand and put Rahane #4 (he needs reps in the upcoming ENG, AUS series - enough of Raina). And yes, Rayudu should be in consideration for the ODIs (along with Mandeep and Chand).

Does anyone else think Chand will be ready by the SA tour? To me' date= he is as ready as a young Indian batsman going to get. Assuming Bhudda has taken sanyas by then, I would drop Sehwag to #6, open with Chand and put Rahane #4 (he needs reps in the upcoming ENG, AUS series - enough of Raina). And yes, Rayudu should be in consideration for the ODIs (along with Mandeep and Chand).
not even close.his leg side game has lot of scope to improve.then his technique is suspect
A young batsman with 0 holes is extremely rare. Still' date=' between now and that tour, he'll get a full domestic season. I bet he fixes some of the issues ailing him over that duration.[/quote'] yeah.but not ready for SA tour I meant.has too many holes.there r many players ahead of him anyway
Sehwag is finished (at the very least as an overseas opener). There is no one else. Chand is the only option (Rahane isn't fit to be an opener).
Rahane is the next opener in line.then there is Dhawan,Vijay.Chand hasnt done anything yet in FC. anyway I'd still back Sehwag over Chand in overseas conditions.
Rahane is the next opener in line.then there is Dhawan,Vijay.Chand hasnt done anything yet in FC. anyway I'd still back Sehwag over Chand in overseas conditions.
Vijay is a flat track bully. And from what I've seen of Dhawan, he is mediocre puss too in the mold of Badri and Vijay. Except atleast Badri and Vijay have had domestic success. You can back Sehwag all you want but he is finished as an opener. (Have you been in a coma the last 2 years?) I don't mind him winding his career down as a #6 though. It is time for the younger generation. Chand has shown that he doesn't piss his pants when facing the quicks in their domain. That alone gives him a leg up on the rest of the competition. When you consider that he can be an attacking batsman, he is the obvious successor to Sehwag. As for Rahane, he can be the #4.
Dhawan is not really there in the pecking order. It's gonna be Rahane first and then between Mukund, Vijay and Chand depending on their immediate form whenever the spot opens up (in other words when the selectors decide that they've had enough of Gambhir or Sehwag).
DAY 2 REPORT India A take control New Zealand A trail India A's first innings total by 234 runs at the end of day two of the first Four-Day match at Bert Sutcliffe Oval in Lincoln. Having resumed play at 136 for four, India produced a fifth wicket partnership of 105 and reached an overall total of 339 all out. In reply, the home side recovered from four early wickets to end the day at 105 for four. New Zealand's response was shaky from the outset, with George Worker trapped leg-before-wicket by Vinay Kumar off the first ball of the innings. Opener Tom Latham was joined by Neil Broom at the crease, as the pair went about building a meaningful partnership. Just as they were beginning to look settled, Broom's defence was breached when Shami Ahmed bowled him for 14. Matters got worse when Dean Brownlie (1) and Luke Woodcock (2) were dismissed not long after, leaving New Zealand struggling at 52 for four. An unbeaten stand of 51 for the fifth wicket between Latham and captain Reece Young settled things down somewhat for New Zealand. Latham brought up his half century and will resume tomorrow on 54 not out, while Young will look to add to his unbeaten 28. Bad light once again saw play end early, as shadows forced the teams from the pitch 31.4 overs into the New Zealand innings. Kumar was used the most for India and finished with figures of two for 42 from 12 overs. Ahmed also picked up two wickets in his 7.4 overs for 29 runs. Earlier, the New Zealand bowlers had been unable to make the early inroads into the Indian middle order that they would have hoped for. Ambati Rayudu and Ashok Menaria led their team to 195 for four, before Menaria fell to Wagner for 30. His dismissal brought wicket keeper Naman Ohja to the crease and alongside Rayudu the pair put India in a dominant position. After 206 minutes in the middle Rayudu brought up the first Indian century of the tour. Having struck 15 fours and a six he was eventually out for 105 when he edged one to Reece Young off the bowling of Andy McKay. Ohja also did some damage, striking two sixes in his 41 off 59 balls. Rahul Sharma chipped in late with sixteen, before the last Indian wicket fell after 86 overs. Wagner and McKay bounced back from a tough start to the day to finish with three wickets a piece, while the other four bowlers all grabbed one wicket each. Play will begin at 10:00am tomorrow to make up for lost overs on day one. .