This Is A Match That Should Have Been Won By India !!!

I wrote this earlier this morning and posted it in AC but decided not to post it over here because I respect this as an Indian fansite. If you were all happy with the result, I didn't want to be a wet blanket but after reading the post Test opinions, especially in this thread, here it is. :regular_smile: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dravid (and whoever else involved in the decision) completely missed the boat. The one thing India could've taken from what really was a hollow series victory - considering the escape in the first Test and 2 crucial toss wins - was to finish on a high note with a possible resounding victory. Let's look at the follow on scenario. India had a 319 lead with 81 overs left on day 4. Singh had bowled just 3 overs and Zaheer and Sreesanth, none. England could not have gone out there and hit a quick 469 (to get a 150 lead) - certainly not early on. So let's say they batted overall @ 4 r.p.o., there's 117 overs out of the 171 left. Take off 2 more for an innings change and India would've had 52 overs to either score @ under 3 r.p.o. for a win or bat out a draw. Considering the 469 @ 4 r.p.o. was extremely unlikely, India would have had more overs to get less runs and Dravid would be a hero. He would also have avoided the (self imposed) humiliation of his 96 ball 12 runs. That he had such little faith/confidence in his bowlers and a batting team containing 4 of India's best ever batsmen and a keeper and #8 who had hit 200 between them in the first innings, was appallingly negative. A 2-0 series win would've seen them challenging for second place instead of now being equal third place, 4 points adrift of England. Vaughan and his team would have been happy, if not delighted, at Dravid's decision to bat again. Yes, I know MV 'said' he would've done the same thing but I simply don't believe him. He could hardly conceal his grin. icon_biggrin.gif Footnote: If all the other teams keep playing with this sort of attitude, Australia's position on top of the ICC Test Championship table is quite safe - for years to come. The Aussies are now 30 points clear of 6 teams playing for second. There are only 12 points between England, India, Sri Lanka, Sth. Africa, Pakistan and New Zealand.

Yeah, surely india hav disappointed all the indian fans............but i dont think it is correct to say that "india hav shown that they dont like to take risks" Because it is not taking risk enforcing follow-on........Moreover it is being safe to see the target............ And yesterday in the presentation after the match.........dravid when asked about not enforcing follow-on replied...."As a captain i hav to take decisions according to the condition of my bowlers..........They are really tired......." So why must we think that he has taken a foolish decision?????

Dravid will go in to the history of cricket as one of the selfish and cowardish captain .Shame on you Dravid.
:angry_smile:Dravid:angry_smile:.............how can u just say that dravid is a selfish captain??? And WE......INDIANS must be proud to hav a player like dravid........... May be dravid is not perfect as a captain but as a player he is the most dependable......and he is the best ranked batsman for india in tests
:angry_smile:Dravid:angry_smile:.............how can u just say that dravid is a selfish captain??? And WE......INDIANS must be proud to hav a player like dravid........... May be dravid is not perfect as a captain but as a player he is the most dependable......and he is the best ranked batsman for india in tests
I do not want to start again,everybody knows how he declared when Sachin was batting at 194 just to preserve his record.
Dravid will go in to the history of cricket as one of the selfish and cowardish captain .Shame on you Dravid.
Yes, shame on him for winning us a test series in WI after 35 years and now another one in England after 21 years. Shame shame, puppy shame. :hysterical:
A selfish is a selfish and a coward is a coward whether he wins or loses does not matter.History will not forgive for his divide and rule policy' date='being a cham cha to chapell,back stabbing Ganguly and Sachin(Telling the board that the seniors do not want to play 20 - 20 etc.[/quote'] Yet another Anu_D avatar!
A selfish is a selfish and a coward is a coward whether he wins or loses does not matter.History will not forgive for his divide and rule policy' date='being a cham cha to chapell,back stabbing Ganguly and Sachin(Telling the board that the seniors do not want to play 20 - 20 etc.[/quote'] do you even follow any current on-field cricket or just interested in off-field crap? :eyedance:
And handsomely !!! Why did not India enforce the follow-on at the beginning of Day 4, with fresh bowlers ?? Why did Dravid bat again ??? Was it the 2001 Calcutta syndrome ??? I can tell yuh that the only people smiling when Dravid said "We will bat again", was Vaughan, Pietersen & Co !! What a cop-out by India !!! This is what makes a great team - the ability to be decisive and ruthless !! Sadly, India have now shown that they are a team that will not take risks.........even in games where they are SO FAR AHEAD !!! This approach means that they will inevitably lose CLOSE GAMES........as exemplified by The Capetown Fiasco, where the very same self-defeating attitude was employed. Indian fans should be extremely disappointed by this soft Indian approach !!
This is put very delicately, I would be a little bit more aggressive towards this Indian team which is nothing but a bunch of pussies. They have no guts to even enforce the follow-on if they play against the Indian women's cricket team, they would play it safe there too. Vengsarkar and his three jokers(RD, ST and SG) should be ashamed of this test match, they have let the Indians worldwide and the Indian spirit down. I hope that people in the world don't see the Indians as how their cricketers play, Indians are winners in everything they do, except Cricket, off course.