Have you forgiven the Indian team?

Gambit

Two different things the world cup and test series. India was winning tests overseas so that wasn't a problem. What they didn't do was win the test series. Now they have done it and have partially been successful in erasing the bad last test against South Africa in South Africa. As for world cup they need to win few ODI tourneys hands down to erase the bad memory of WC.

From purely a cricketing point of view this was the real test and IND passed it. You cant really be too upset at a team that was put in a knock out game after losing just 1 ODI e.g for me the most disappointing moment as a fan was those 2 infamous test matches against AUS in Sharjah, more so than the defeat against Ireland.

ODIs matter jack shyte. Can't forgive them for their capitualtion at Cape Town or Durban and certainly can't forgive Dravid for his cowardice here.
Come on Dhondy!! I agree that ODIs don't matter. Hence I don't even remember many results, be good or bad. Cape-town and Durban was disappointing but we should give credit to SA for fighting back like they did and then winning the battle. And didn't you hear Dravid's reasons yesterday for not enforcing the follow on? It was a valid reason and I have no qualms!!
As for Dravid...I don't think his captaincy in the series has been great. Even at Trent Bridge. Really we won that test because of Zaheer- RDs captaincy had nothing to do with it
Why?? After the Lords test, I think he has been absolutely immaculate in captaincy! I will give him 7.5 out of 10 in captaincy in this series!! Why do you think it has been bad in the last two tests??

After the world cup we havent lost yet, which is very heartening. I really believed that the recent team was the best Indian ODI team to enter a world cup. It was a shock to me that we were still not good enuff to get past the first round. But i've moved on.

What WC ... I never even blamed them for that to begin with .... Test matches is where the true cricketing talent of the team comes to the fore. And we should have won the SA series as well but for the haramis ... making our bowlers to take 15 wkts / inngs and bat with 8 wkts ... The did pretty well despite that handicap. And here they improved on that and clinched the series with the handicap.
Bang on!!:wtg:
Was absolute rubbish. His bowlers were tired ?? We are talking professional cricketers here. That is their job - to bowl for their country.
Zaheer had a thigh strain. They wanted to give him some time to recover. Whats wrong in that?? Australia NEVER enforced follow on in 2004. No one questioned. So what was the big deal here??
Was absolute rubbish. His bowlers were tired ?? We are talking professional cricketers here. That is their job - to bowl for their country.
S Waugh totally facked up in 2001 Kolkata test. His plyers were shattered and he enforced follow on and lost the game. That was dumb captaincy by Waugh, a shocking mistake that Dravid would never make
Donny, you are making a meal of this, aren't you?:D Totally confident about your prospects when we visit you this winter (your summer)?
Mate, it's others making the meal. How can I get it through people's heads I'm not a rabid fan of the Aussie cricket team, not their captain, not their coach. Now you're also doing it. It may be the case that every Indian who likes cricket is an Indian fan but it's not necessarily the case here in Oz. I'm a cricket fan. I love good cricket.