• Only 1 match
    • Less Than 1 month
    • 1-6 months
    • 6-12 months
    • 12-18 months
    • 18-24 months
    • Till next world cup
    • World Champions dont need ranking to prove themselves
    • I dont give a **** about rankings. I would rather choose Ravinder Jadeja over rankings.
    • India can't be number one in ODI's

Where was this balance you're talking about in Australia or the Asia Cup? Please note we are talking empirical facts here not theory.
Was the balance of the team impacted by Pathan or was it due to the captain's blind faith in Jadeja? Ideally Pathan should have been the bowling all rounder batting at 7 given his batting abilities and past performances. Instead he was batting at number 9. Only the captain can answer why. Especially in a one day series dominated by he talk of preparing the team for 2015 WC, it was illogical to see Jadeja getting preference ahead of Pathan.
If you are referring to Yuvi, then I agree and he did a decent job as a spinner/pie-chucker. And especially in these conditions if an all-rounder is needed then I would pick Yusuf or Jadeja over Irfan. Probably Yusuf, always a threat with the bat and useful fill in bowler during the middle period. If not these two, try out that new boy Jalaj Saxena who bowls spin and opens for his state (I think). Irfan in these conditions and against SL will be cannon fodder either with field up or with protection.
IRFAN AVGS 23 IN SL
If you are referring to Yuvi, then I agree and he did a decent job as a spinner/pie-chucker. And especially in these conditions if an all-rounder is needed then I would pick Yusuf or Jadeja over Irfan. Probably Yusuf, always a threat with the bat and useful fill in bowler during the middle period. If not these two, try out that new boy Jalaj Saxena who bowls spin and opens for his state (I think). Irfan in these conditions and against SL will be cannon fodder either with field up or with protection.
Did you follow the recent Pak-SL ODI series? All the pitches had lots of help for the pacers especially with two new balls. No reason to believe Pathan wont do well if he's picked in the 11. If Kula can be a match winner on those pitches, Pathan too surely can.
The highlighted is exactly what he can't do. Look at his recent performances and you would know.
I think Its mainly because he was used in powerplays and even then he just had two bad games otherwise his stats shows that he has done a decent job. IMO Zaheer and Yadav should be given the new ball and Irfan after that. He needs to bowl the bulk of the 5th bowlers quota if he doesn't bowl well. Dhoni will certainly use Raina and Rohit anyway. But he is the best number 7 that India have ATM. He can rotate the strike, form a partnership with the our batsmen and can hit the ball if situation demands After Yuvraj returns India can leave Irfan out of playing eleven but till then he is good enough to be in the team.
for all those saying that Irfan doesn't deserve to be in the team. Here are his stats after making a comeback last year. Bowl avg: 29.61 Strike rate 32.3 Batting Avg 20 Strike rate 102.04 Now prove why he doesn't deserves to be in the team.
his overall bowling avg too is pretty decent.
for all those saying that Irfan doesn't deserve to be in the team. Here are his stats after making a comeback last year. Bowl avg: 29.61 Strike rate 32.3 Batting Avg 20 Strike rate 102.04 Now prove why he doesn't deserves to be in the team.
ok wht abt vinay ? (since irfan's come back )
Exactly. even his batting stats are good. He didn't even play a single match in flat decks in Asia cup and still have the strike of 102 overall and 109 in Australia.
ya im in favour of him playing as allrounder for us we got rid of both jaddu and vinay! :yay::yay::yay:
bowl avg 28.64 batting 8.0
:yikes: and economy ? :hmmm:
IRFAN AVGS 23 IN SL
vs SL in SL it's more like 31. When Irfan came onto the scene he was an excellent bowler. But over the last few seasons riddled with comebacks his economy rate has been rather poor, well over 6. Even if he opened the bowling, that is no excuse for such poor economy rates.
Exactly. even his batting stats are good. He didn't even play a single match in flat decks in Asia cup and still have the strike of 102 overall and 109 in Australia.
Sehwag Gambhir Kohli Raina Dhoni Rohit Irfan Ashwin Umesh Zak Ojha 50 overs can be done easily plus Ashwin/Irfan are a good tail