Aussie captains messing up

So ? He won 72% of his tests and a World Cup in 1999. One balls up doesn't change the fact that he is one of the greatest captains that ever lived.
Not really. Would like to see how great a captain and his win percentage if he captained bangladesh! Ponting has better win ratio so by your reasoning he is better skipper then Waugh and one of the greatest captains ever! I tell you if that plank of wood Symonds captained oz they would still win! As the great Dravid said a captain is only as good as is players! At least you admitted he facked up. What about Gilchrist shocker can you also admit that was a balls up?
Keep trying. This is quite amusing. Both Gilly and Tugga would do the same thing if they had the choice again.
Well if they would do the same thing again even though they knew it would mean they would lose. Then they really are a pair of the most stupid idiots ever. Its like putting your child out to play and then your kid gets run over. If asked if you could go back in time what would you do? Replying " I would still let my kid go out to play"
Not really. Would like to see how great a captain and his win percentage if he captained bangladesh! Ponting has better win ratio so by your reasoning he is better skipper then Waugh and one of the greatest captains ever! I tell if that plank of wood Symonds captained oz they would still win! As the great Dravid said a captain is only as good as is players! At least you admitted he facked up. What about Gilchrist shocker can you also admit that was a balls up?
Waugh inherited Mark Taylor's team - which was a clear 2nd best to South Africa during the '90s - and turned them into one of the greatest teams of all-time. That is why he is regarded as a great captain. It's not like Dravid is captaining a team like Banglastan - he is leading a very good Indian side, but still has an average win %.
Waugh inherited Mark Taylor's team - which was a clear 2nd best to South Africa during the '90s - and turned them into one of the greatest teams of all-time. That is why he is regarded as a great captain. It's not like Dravid is captaining a team like Banglastan - he is leading a very good Indian side' date=' but still has an average win %.[/quote'] What would Waugh do different if he captained india. Wave a magic wand and make all our bowlers 90 mph speedos from 6ft 8 inches. Make Kumble turn the ball square. Make gangs and Laxman brilliant athletes in the field. What the hell is this great S waugh gonna do?
MP' date= first declaration had nothing to do with positive attitude. Prior to that disaster, enforcing a follow-on was pretty normal, IIRC. Anyways I am thankful to the aussies for that decision as it gave us our most memorable test win and helped us continue our home dominance over them for 35 years.
Yes i guess you are right and had they batted again it would have seemed very strange because they were on something like a 16 games winning streak. So either way it was a correct decision by S Waugh.
What would Waugh do different if he captained india. Wave a magic wand and make all our bowlers 90 mph speedos from 6ft 8 inches. Make Kumble turn the ball square. Make gangs and Laxman brilliant athletes in the field. What the hell is this great S waugh gonna do?
What kind of question is this...:haha: Are you saying India are crap and that the supporters should be pleased with a captain who has a win % of 32 ?
Its like putting your child out to play and then your kid gets run over. If asked if you could go back in time what would you do? Replying " I would still let my kid go out to play"
:hysterical: :haha: :teeth_smile: :rofl::laugh: :hysterical: I don't usually like replying with emoticons but you have finally made me crack up with laughter. Thanks mate. Always good to finish the day with a chuckle.
What kind of question is this...:haha: Are you saying India are crap and that the supporters should be pleased with a captain who has a win % of 32 ?
You keep saying S Waugh is so good captain, even though facked up in 2001 in the close series he had just like in windies in close series they lost out as well! Most times they dominated and all he had to was call heads or tails and the rest took care of themselves! What would your great waugh do as captain to increase our win ratio more then Dravid?
Yeah, thats what people who support dravid for that decision, are trying to say.. they r more happy to have a series win which is hard to get.. its pathetic, a comparison is being made against steve waugh.. tht 2001 kolkata match was a just a one-off as how u call it as bangladesh win against in WC.... as MP has said int his thread, thts wat made them a ruthless team.. and winning every damn thing.. and well above the rest of the countries.. understand?? they dont chicken out tht easily... jus appreciate their positivie attitude... instead of blowing up 1 r 2 hiccups.. aussies r playing cricket in a different plane and different level...
You keep saying S Waugh is so good captain, even though facked up in 2001 in the close series he had just like in windies in close series they lost out as well! Most times they dominated and all he had to was call heads or tails and the rest took care of themselves! What would your great waugh do as captain to increase our win ratio more then Dravid?
Who cares if he lost a series or two ? Both series defeats happened because two batsmen played super-human innings which are regarded as the greatest of all time - Lara's 153* and then Laxman's 281. I don't care if he screwed up once or twice, because he won a World Cup and had a win % of 72. As for the 2nd question, how the hell am i supposed to answer that ? But what are you trying to imply ? Are you saying that India are such a crap team that any captain - even guys like Waugh - couldn't do better than winning 32% of their test matches ?
i think u shud stop comparing steve waugh with dravid.. dravid comes nowhere close to aussie captains.period.
i think u shud stop comparing steve waugh with dravid.. dravid comes nowhere close to aussie captains.period.
why? we just won our 2 of our last 3 overseas series (wi, eng) under him. or is because you hate him as a captain anyways and results don't really matter when it comes to it?
I bet you if australia were 1-0 up in an ashes series and arrived at the oval for final game. Then Ponting' date=' Waugh and every god dammn aussie captain in the history of the game would have batted again to ensure they bring that little urn home![/quote'] I disagree... I dont like aussies because they r arrogant and they keep winning.. but i like the way they play their game.. i always wished india cud play such a ruthless cricket.. put i dont think we wud be if we have dravid as a captain... come on dsr, give the credit where its due.. dont pull down waugh jus cuz u dont like them.. its there for everyone to see ..
why? we just won our 2 of our last 3 overseas series (wi' date=' eng) under him. or is because you hate him as a captain anyways and results don't really matter when it comes to it?[/quote'] yoda, for u a series victory is more important than winning every match.. so u ll defend watever dravid does..we cant claim ourselves world beaters if we have this wussy attitude.. we may win now.. but not in a long term.. im sure if they go with this mentality to OZ, they gonna screw us royally.. wat do u have to say for this -- Dravid saying his bowlers r tired.. they get tired within 10 overs? what a lame excuse..
yoda, for u a series victory is more important than winning every match.. so u ll defend watever dravid does..we cant claim ourselves world beaters if we have this wussy attitude.. we may win now.. but not in a long term.. im sure if they go with this mentality to OZ, they gonna screw us royally.. wat do u have to say for this -- Dravid saying his bowlers r tired.. they get tired within 10 overs? what a lame excuse..
' yes, a series win is all i want. that's what the cup is given for, remember? and it is a welcome change from series losses and series draws, which is where we are coming from. you keep harping on and on about dravid's decision to play it safe to ensure a series victory. so what? the guy still has led the team to a series win. that should count for SOMETHING? also, he led from the front with the bat and won us the series in WI. that should count for SOMETHING? future will come. what is the point in worrying about being world beaters when you can't even enjoy the team's series wins? making excuses for our own wins is the last thing we can afford to do.
' yes, a series win is all i want. that's what the cup is given for, remember? and it is a welcome change from series losses and series draws, which is where we are coming from. you keep harping on and on about dravid's decision to play it safe to ensure a series victory. so what? the guy still has led the team to a series win. that should count for SOMETHING? also, he led from the front with the bat and won us the series in WI. that should count for SOMETHING? future will come. what is the point in worrying about being world beaters when you can't even enjoy the team's series wins? making excuses for our own wins is the last thing we can afford to do.
ok then be satisfied with occasional wins.. and dont make a fuss when we r losing.. cuz what u mean is ur team is mediocre and watever they r winning is bit too much for them..
ok then be satisfied with occasional wins.. and dont make a fuss when we r losing.. cuz what u mean is ur team is mediocre and watever they r winning is bit too much for them..
i make a fuss when we lose and celebrate when we win. :eyedance: