Microsoft v/s Apple

EnterTheVoid

No. I am quoting the Windows 7 Upgrade price. The full package price is $200. confer link above.
Both upgrade and full package prices you are quoting in the link are for the retail version. Upgrade means you already have a retail version of XP while full package means you are going for a fresh install. In both cases the product is a standalone OS which is supported by Microsoft. Its impossible to give something as complex as an OS for 20-30$ unless the price is offset by the profits in hardware. Microsoft sells its OEM versions to hardware manufacturers dirt cheap because it doesnt have to support it. The prices would be less than or equal to the lion upgrade. Like I said in my previous posts, PCs bought late in the life cycle of the OS also come with the free upgrade

Yes, the hypothetical kids who turned in the OSX would get expelled and never complete their graduation.
Ok, so we went straight from including originality as a factor in evaluation to getting expelled and not being allowed to complete graduation. :giggle:

:banghead: Idk why it becomes so difficult to understand upgrades in Windows. How is XP to Windows 7 free?
It is a new flavor.. is it the same case with apple? like complete design changes. what is the diff between 10.6 and 10.7 say.. i am talking about updates for a specific flavor of windows. Also upgrade of vista came at cheaper price when it was introduced. it is only the retail price that is 120$. But you can install on multiple pcs. For 8 years they didn't charge anything for windows xp upgrades.. infact i never switched to vista.. i moved directly from xp to windows 7.

It is a new flavor.. is it the same case with apple? like complete design changes. what is the diff between 10.6 and 10.7 say.. i am talking about updates for a specific flavor of windows. Also upgrade of vista came at cheaper price when it was introduced. it is only the retail price that is 120$. But you can install on multiple pcs. For 8 years they didn't charge anything for windows xp upgrades.. infact i never switched to vista.. i moved directly from xp to windows 7.
:eek: I still don't understand. MS makes it so difficult for technology folks itself to understand these upgrades I wonder how can I explain that to my mom or sister. With the Vista, there was Vista Aero, Vista with a Badaam Basic, Vista Khajoor Business, Vista Sanitary Napkin Business Ultimate - just too confusing. Now, also I can't understand what you are trying to say. Here's how it works for Mac OS X. Snow Leopard to Lion - 29.99 USD (Around a year back) Snow Leopard or Lion to Mountain Lion - 19.99 USD (flat) As simple as that, no BS. Now, I have a Windows XP Home version on my Dell Vostro 1400 laptop. What should I pay to upgrade to Windows 7? Where the hell can I find this information?! PS - I in practice don't need to do it as I am entitled to free one Windows 7/8 license from work including MS Office. :cantstop:

MS on Sony Vaio > everything else structured to be sturdy and durable, light weight and never slow down. Screen, Keyboard and touchpad are top notch. The only issue is the speakers which are not very loud but I can live with it.
:laugh: I use one Sony Vaio - within one year of use screen hinges are loose, installation of programs makes laptop slow and as usual anti-virus stuff.

:eek: I still don't understand. MS makes it so difficult for technology folks itself to understand these upgrades I wonder how can I explain that to my mom or sister. With the Vista, there was Vista Aero, Vista with a Badaam Basic, Vista Khajoor Business, Vista Sanitary Napkin Business Ultimate - just too confusing. Now, also I can't understand what you are trying to say. Here's how it works for Mac OS X. Snow Leopard to Lion - 29.99 USD (Around a year back) Snow Leopard or Lion to Mountain Lion - 19.99 USD (flat) As simple as that, no BS. Now, I have a Windows XP Home version on my Dell Vostro 1400 laptop. What should I pay to upgrade to Windows 7? Where the hell can I find this information?! PS - I in practice don't need to do it as I am entitled to free one Windows 7/8 license from work including MS Office. :cantstop:
Lot of our office machine still run well on windows xp. you don't need to upgrade if you don't want. Applications are backward compatible. Tell me what is the difference between Snow leopard and Mountain Lion.. can you show me the screen of both versions?

Lot of our office machine still run well on windows xp. you don't need to upgrade if you don't want. Applications are backward compatible. Tell me what is the difference between Snow leopard and Mountain Lion.. can you show me the screen of both versions?
:eek: I am asking - if I want to upgrade - What is the price?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3166676?start=0&tstart=0 Just visit Mac support where they report tons of problems on a daily basis.
VVS - Seriously? I don't know what sort of a person he/she may be whether it was accidental damage or anything. Anyways, I wasn't the one who was blowing my trumpet on Sony neither am I saying Apple products are perfect.

i paid 120 for 3 machines . only once in my life i paid money to buy a windows software. All the others are OEM.
1 machine ka kya hai! Wholesale bech raha hai tu toh - sabzi mandiyon ki tarah! :--D As far as your OEM is concerned, you do understand that you actually pay money there too - it's just bundled along so that you don't understand you pay!

VVS - Seriously? I don't know what sort of a person he/she may be whether it was accidental damage or anything. Anyways' date=' I wasn't the one who was blowing my trumpet on Sony neither am I saying Apple products are perfect.[/quote'] If you are going to blame the user.. he could very well blame you for PC damage. PC will always lead in that area coz there are gazillion manufacturers releasing gazillion variety of PCs to gazillion users for gazillion different purposes all over the world.

1 machine ka kya hai! Wholesale bech raha hai tu toh - sabzi mandiyon ki tarah! :--D As far as your OEM is concerned, you do understand that you actually pay money there too - it's just bundled along so that you don't understand you pay!
yea.. but it is 600 to 700 dollar less than the money i would have paid for a mac! i could buy another laptop for that money. And what about hardware upgrades... WIth new Mac you are forced to cover the future as once you bought it is unupgradable with memory soldered to the motherboard.. So you pay like 300 or 400 quid extra to protect future.

If you are going to blame the user.. he could very well blame you for PC damage. PC will always lead in that area coz there are gazillion manufacturers releasing gazillion variety of PCs to gazillion users for gazillion different purposes all over the world.
Arey bhai THIS is exactly what I said. I am not the one who's naming one over the other - direct this to the first one who did so.