Recipe for chicken bombay please?

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks

Just got chicken bombay for lunch it tastes little sweet has creamy base litle mustard too I can tatse.. seems to have generous dose of raisins .. I actually liked it and wud like to replicate it at home.. exact recipe wud be greatly appreciated.. TIA

Just got chicken bombay for lunch it tastes little sweet has creamy base litle mustard too I can tatse.. seems to have generous dose of raisins .. I actually liked it and wud like to replicate it at home.. exact recipe wud be greatly appreciated.. TIA
Never had it, or for that matter even heard of it. Pata nahin kidhar khaa lete ho?? Did you go to a Marwaari Baasa kya? The base(gravy) seems like the kind made for Paneer Pasanda though. If I am not mistaken what you should probably do is have cut tomatoes, some peas(mutter), and some resin. Then boil them for say 15 minutes. After that throw them in a mixer with a bit of cream(malai). If you want you can also throw in your spices then. Uske baad saute onions, throw in chicken pieces and when onions are brownish and chicken soft then throw in the base. aisa kuch hoga.

CHICKEN BOMBAY 2 lb. chicken parts 1 can tomato soup (may also use about half can puree) 1/3 c. water (or natural juice drained from pineapple) 1 med. chopped onion 1/2 c. sliced mushrooms (optional) 1 med. clove garlic, minced (or garlic powder to taste) 1 to 3 tsp. curry powder (to taste) 1/4 tsp. thyme, crushed CONDIMENTS: Nuts (almonds, cashews, peanuts) Coconut Pineapple chunks Chutney Sliced green onions Raisins Sour cream Brown chicken in skillet and pour off excess fat. Continue to brown with onion for 1 to 2 minutes. In separate bowl, mix soup, water and juice, garlic, curry and thyme. Salt to taste. Pour over browned chicken in skillet. Cover and let simmer for about 45 minutes, until chicken is tender. Stir now and then.Serve with a variety of condiments, over cooked white rice. Sour cream can be mixed into sauce in pan just before serving, or as topping at table. Mushrooms should be added a few minutes before chicken is finished cooking. http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1739,152177-225198,00.html

Guest dada_rocks
^^ I have started to think ke waiter ne DR ko ch*tiya banaya hai...:giggle:
Nahin yaar uspe likha tha explicitly chicken-bombay it was in salad section..

Guest dada_rocks
Never had it' date=' or for that matter even heard of it. Pata nahin kidhar khaa lete ho?? Did you go to a [i']Marwaari Baasa kya? The base(gravy) seems like the kind made for Paneer Pasanda though. If I am not mistaken what you should probably do is have cut tomatoes, some peas(mutter), and some resin. Then boil them for say 15 minutes. After that throw them in a mixer with a bit of cream(malai). If you want you can also throw in your spices then. Uske baad saute onions, throw in chicken pieces and when onions are brownish and chicken soft then throw in the base. aisa kuch hoga.
Paneer Pasanda sahi pakra guru kuchh waisa hi tha taste

Guest dada_rocks
CHICKEN BOMBAY 2 lb. chicken parts 1 can tomato soup (may also use about half can puree) 1/3 c. water (or natural juice drained from pineapple) 1 med. chopped onion 1/2 c. sliced mushrooms (optional) 1 med. clove garlic, minced (or garlic powder to taste) 1 to 3 tsp. curry powder (to taste) 1/4 tsp. thyme, crushed CONDIMENTS: Nuts (almonds, cashews, peanuts) Coconut Pineapple chunks Chutney Sliced green onions Raisins Sour cream Brown chicken in skillet and pour off excess fat. Continue to brown with onion for 1 to 2 minutes. In separate bowl, mix soup, water and juice, garlic, curry and thyme. Salt to taste. Pour over browned chicken in skillet. Cover and let simmer for about 45 minutes, until chicken is tender. Stir now and then.Serve with a variety of condiments, over cooked white rice. Sour cream can be mixed into sauce in pan just before serving, or as topping at table. Mushrooms should be added a few minutes before chicken is finished cooking. http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1739,152177-225198,00.html
Sounds like good except tomato because I didn't taste any trace of tomato there.

Snake Meat Shreds Soup 150g done snake meat egg shreds pork shreds dried mushroom shreds white fungus shreds dried longan pulp dried orange peel grains delicious soup dark soy rice wine salt sugar pepper gourmet powder watered starch chive oil sesame oil 1. Clean the killed snake. Put it in boiling water, then add chives, ginger, wine, and stew for half an hour. Take the meat and tear it into shreds. Steam them together with the chives, ginger, wine, and delicous soup for 2 hours. 2. Put the snake meat shreds and the seasonings in 1000g delicious soup in a pot. Braise them to boiling and then take away the foam. Add gourmet powder, watered starch to make paste. Pour in chive oil, sesame oil and place them in a casserole together with crisp chips, chive shreds, ginger shreds, fruit peel shreds, white chrysanthemum, and other seasonings.

Never had it' date=' or for that matter even heard of it. Pata nahin kidhar khaa lete ho?? Did you go to a [i']Marwaari Baasa kya? The base(gravy) seems like the kind made for Paneer Pasanda though. If I am not mistaken what you should probably do is have cut tomatoes, some peas(mutter), and some resin. Then boil them for say 15 minutes. After that throw them in a mixer with a bit of cream(malai). If you want you can also throw in your spices then. Uske baad saute onions, throw in chicken pieces and when onions are brownish and chicken soft then throw in the base. aisa kuch hoga.
Cardinal sin !!! Didnt your momma teach you how to cook ? :D *NEVER* saute onions AFTER making the spice/rest of base mix and then add the onions- if you do that, you will get the onion smell and the slightly raw-ish onion taste in your food. And the only way around that in your process is to boil the hell outta the food, so you end up with mush, not curry. ALWAYS saute onions the first thing and then do your tomato,peas,cream,etc. thing on top of the onions- that way the onion cooks a lot longer with the spices & rest of the base and gets the flavour in it. Ulta karoge to kabaab me haddi aa jayegi. Trust me on this one- i've been a 'bachelor cook' for the last six years and am getting pretty good at cooking.Right now the most complicated indian dish i can pull off is mutton biriyani that tastes like a mid-grade restaurant's stuff in india. :two_thumbs_up: