Kerala Express Watch Thread

Look at how Jayawardene backed Santh when he was captain of kochi tuskers kerala. Santh gestured at aussie coach because he wanted to drop the speedster despite him bowling well. Jaya backed him. Dhoni wouldn't have. Punter or Waugh would have used this guys talent to strengthen the team, not weaken. Nothing wrong with aggression on the field, he is competitive guy on the field. Even when I play games with old friend, on the pitch there is that aggression.
a few lines from the link of the article given by JPK :
Sreesanth was seen fuming after Kochi Tuskers Kerala captain Mahela Jayawardene decided to leave him out for the game against Royal Challengers Bangalore on Sunday, and was also seen in a tense conversation with the coach Geoff Lawson.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
The aussie coach (can't remember name) said Sree was good but wanted a slower bowler to suit pitches' date= hence RP and Vinay were preferred. Sree wasn't dropped on form, but they wanted someone with more variations in Dernbach mould. That was the coach's theory which was a lot of crap.
Exactly' date='[b'] it was a tactical move to replace him with Powar. Even Murali didn't play. Lawson loved the slower options when coach for kochi in ipl
:hmmmm2:
I don't even consider Tontee Tontee as proper cricket but Sreesanth is a "special player" so I will even consider performances of IPL. Lets see - Kochi played 14 matches and despite all the confidence shown him by the Captain' date=' Sreesanth played only 9 matches and picked up 7 wickets :adore:[/quote'] I don't consider t20 cricket as proper cricket either, in IPL most seamers get smashed on flat decks. Kochi seamers struggled in general and Vinay was taken for almost 50 runs in one game for no wickets. Sree got 1-24 in another. He bowled pretty well tbh, if you had seen these games you would have known this.
I don't consider t20 cricket as proper cricket either' date= in IPL most seamers get smashed on flat decks. Kochi seamers struggled in general and Vinay was taken for almost 50 runs in one game for no wickets. Sree got 1-24 in another. He bowled pretty well tbh.
so why were you giving examples of IPL ?
He should be in ODI team' date=' world cup winner. He is an aggressive wicket taker and naturally they can sometimes go for runs but you need one person like that in ODI. He can change the game. He is made for ODI and test cricket. Even bowled well in T20 early in his career.[/quote'] Sreesanth should be recommended for the Bharat Ratna. There is no more deserving candidate than him currently in India.
Lagta hai you are determined to show Jayawardene hated Sree like how MS did. Well see this, Jaya backed the speedster
thats what i wanted dhoni to do...there is no reason why u should tlak about ur players badly in media back them up there.. and if u have any complains then bring them up in team meetings .. or just drop him for a match sreesanth can be hard to manage no denying it and also can win u gameson his day if only he behaved in a same way on feild like he does off feild (he is very calm person off feild and very friendly) not saying dont be competitive but use ur agression during bowling not during staring at batsman after every ball see his last 5 wicket haul against south africa he got new ball and concentrated on bowling nothing else and looked like genuine wicket taker
Well see this, Jaya backed the speedster
That was not a reflection on Sreesanth but on Jayawardane. If u want best out of your players, you back them publicly. Thats the quality of a good leader. You dont do what Dhoni did to Sree or recently how GG contradicted Ashwin publicly (3rd Test) Ironically, Ashwin's performance in this match was much better than GG.
thats what i wanted dhoni to do...there is no reason why u should tlak about ur players badly in media back them up there.. and if u have any complains then bring them up in team meetings .. or just drop him for a match sreesanth can be hard to manage no denying it and also can win u gameson his day if only he behaved in a same way on feild like he does off feild (he is very calm person off feild and very friendly) not saying dont be competitive but use ur agression during bowling not during staring at batsman after every ball see his last 5 wicket haul against south africa he got new ball and concentrated on bowling nothing else and looked like genuine wicket taker
I agree. Off the field he is a gentleman and Dhoni could have utilised Sree's talent and aggression better. There have been some very bad moments when Sreesanth has been criticised during a key series.
That was not a reflection on Sreesanth but on Jayawardane. If u want best out of your players, you back them publicly. Thats the quality of a good leader. You dont do what Dhoni did to Sree or recently how GG contradicted Ashwin publicly (3rd Test) Ironically, Ashwin's performance in this match was much better than GG.
I know it was a reflection on Jayawardene! I always say if Punter or Waugh was Captain they would have not been like MS. Jaywardene showed good leadership skills and I think Sanga would have done too.