Kerala Express Watch Thread

Actually it is not just a psychological effect but also felt for real if you don't have your captain's backing. Sree never got the fields he needed many times.
yes but thats for every bowler even ishant.. remeb buddy i have no problems with this guy..im just dissapointed he could ve been the next big thing but i really think his time is up wht excuses would u give for him being all over tv? dancing? he is just like bhajji but w/o 400 wickets if he wasnt fit he should ve worked on his fitness its like he gave up on making proper come back how can be he fit for ipl now? he should play 4 day cricket otherwise his career is over thread close no need to discuss
Davangere express has full backing of captain and talent spotter dhoni so kerala express can only dream of entering the ground' date=' unless he becomes a cheerleader.[/quote'] I have never heard of Davangere express, is it a term coined by people on here? Kerala Express/Speedster is the media nickname for Shreesanth, its official :yay:
yes but thats for every bowler even ishant.. remeb buddy i have no problems with this guy..im just dissapointed he could ve been the next big thing but i really think his time is up wht excuses would u give for him being all over tv? dancing? he is just like bhajji but w/o 400 wickets if he wasnt fit he should ve worked on his fitness its like he gave up on making proper come back how can be he fit for ipl now? he should play 4 day cricket otherwise his career is over thread close no need to discuss
Yeah thanks mate I know what you mean. But I don't think his time is up. Because look at the state of our team. He will get a few more chances. Also I hope he does play IPL, will help him get some rhythm and fitness. I don't think there is any problem him coming on tv. Often he is giving tips to youngsters on seam position and it is nice he takes time out for children and his fans. Lot of respect for him.
So I am right. The nickname was made by the creator of that facebook group who is from the same region as him. No sane person would call him that, which is why on the news/articles there is absolutely NO MENTION of this nickname-bowls at 120-130k. Whereas I can find many articles with names such as Kerala Express, Kerala Speedster, Kerala fast bowler e.t.c
@Cricket God I can post videos of Bhaji taking a few wickets' date=' doesn't make him a good bowler currently. Fact is Sreesanth will [b']NEVER return in India squad. Truth hurts D_TW
Wanna have a avatar bet on that.You were taking about speeds,Sreesanth was 125-142 in england,Yes he was unfit so his pace decreased,Bhajji had a long run befor ebeing dropped,Sreesanth never even played back to back series due to injury,he is still better bet in test cricket than most other bowlers.
Wanna have a avatar bet on that.You were taking about speeds' date='Sreesanth was [b']125-142 in england,Yes he was unfit so his pace decreased,Bhajji had a long run befor ebeing dropped,Sreesanth never even played back to back series due to injury and because he sucked,he is still better bet in test cricket than most other bowlers :winky:.
Agreed, but it has to be test squad. If Sreesanth makes Test squad again (lol like thats ever gonna happen) and stays for more than 2 games I'll change my avatar to whatever you say (as long as it's within ICF rules). We need Devangere express in Test cricket! Many people have spoken of his talent. Talent wise he is up their with Steyn. :finger: To losers who say he is a 120k trundler. He is in the 140s but only reduces his pace so he can get swing.
Devangere express needs backing. Sreesanth has always had selectors backing playing 27 tests this guy never got backing. Trust me with consistent backing he will start taking wickets after settling into the team in a year or two. This will make him much better than trundlers like Santh.
:haha::haha::haha::haha: If this is not sarcasm then killl me.

Sreesanth's IPL hopes in jeopardy too Prasanth MenonPrasanth Menon, TNN | Feb 1, 2012, 12.34AM IST KOCHI: S Sreesanth may have conceded that he is a doubtful starter for the upcoming edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL); but he hasn't yet come to terms with the extent of his toe injury that has kept him out of action since November. The inside story, though, is that the situation is much grimmer. According to officials at the NCA where he is undergoing rehabilitation, and even sources close to the bowler himself, the injury has aggravated into a serious condition known as 'bone marrow edema'. It may not have a long-term impact on his career, especially given his desire to return to the field soon; but it is now being accepted that he won't be able to put the kind of energy in his bowling that he is wont to, at least not in a hurry. "I am very depressed," he told TOI on Tuesday, after much cajoling. Not sounding his usual ebullient self, he said: "I don't know what's happening in my life." When pushed to explain the situation in his own words, he added: "I don't want to go into the medical details of my injury." Bone marrow edema is an inflammation causing excess fluid in a bone and is usually the result of an injury. The condition causes acute, almost unbearable, pain in the affected part. "Both his big toes are badly swollen. Forget running, he feels unbearable pain while just walking," a source in the Kerala Ranji team said. Sreesanth, though, is unfazed. "I am following the physio's advice who is in touch with a number of doctors. They have told me that my comeback depends a lot on my mental strength. I have made many comebacks from injuries and god willing I will come out of this one too," the 29-year-old said. "My primary goal is to play for India again. I will not cut down on my pace. I will be back only if I can bowl at 140kmph," he asserted. It won't be easy though. The Kerala pacer was the star attraction in the Kochi IPL team and, like others in the now disbanded franchise, is also part of the auction pool. Along with VVS Laxman and Brendon McCullum, he has commanded the highest reserve price of $400,000 for the February 4 sale. Various team owners have told TOI that they will bid for him aggressively. "We will be acquiring players for three years. So, even if he misses out this time, he will come in handy in the later editions," one of them said. The speedster has been away from the cricket field since November 2011. After playing the first Ranji Trophy game against Vidarbha, he missed the rest of the season due to excruciating pain in his toes. Doctors and experts monitoring him were worried that the injury could turn into an edema, especially if he didn't rest his toe sufficiently. Their worst fears have now come true. It can, of course, be treated but the reason for the swelling and the fluid buildup has to be ascertained first. The bigger concern is that it has a tendency to recur without proper rest. Given the pounding that his feet take, Sreesanth may have to be wary for the rest of his playing days. He tried to make a quick recovery by undergoing ayurvedic treatment in Coimbatore in December. But it didn't help him regain fitness in time for the Tri-series in Australia. Maybe, it compounded the problem. Since then, Sreesanth has been at the NCA. The physios advised him ten weeks of rest after which another MRI scan would be taken. This may well decide his future in the game. My condolence to you ,Dravid THE WALL might be in mourning, indeed sad news, I SEE THIS AS THE END OR MAYBE CLOSE TO.

Sreesanth's IPL hopes in jeopardy too Feb 1, 2012, 12.34AM IST TNN [ Prasanth Menon ] KOCHI: S Sreesanth may have conceded that he is a doubtful starter for the upcoming edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL); but he hasn't yet come to terms with the extent of his toe injury that has kept him out of action since November. The inside story, though, is that the situation is much grimmer. According to officials at the NCA where he is undergoing rehabilitation, and even sources close to the bowler himself, the injury has aggravated into a serious condition known as 'bone marrow edema'. It may not have a long-term impact on his career, especially given his desire to return to the field soon; but it is now being accepted that he won't be able to put the kind of energy in his bowling that he is wont to, at least not in a hurry. "I am very depressed," he told TOI on Tuesday, after much cajoling. Not sounding his usual ebullient self, he said: "I don't know what's happening in my life." When pushed to explain the situation in his own words, he added: "I don't want to go into the medical details of my injury." Bone marrow edema is an inflammation causing excess fluid in a bone and is usually the result of an injury. The condition causes acute, almost unbearable, pain in the affected part. "Both his big toes are badly swollen. Forget running, he feels unbearable pain while just walking," a source in the Kerala Ranji team said. Sreesanth, though, is unfazed. "I am following the physio's advice who is in touch with a number of doctors. They have told me that my comeback depends a lot on my mental strength. I have made many comebacks from injuries and god willing I will come out of this one too," the 29-year-old said. "My primary goal is to play for India again. I will not cut down on my pace. I will be back only if I can bowl at 140kmph," he asserted. It won't be easy though. thumb.cms?msid=11705458&width=100&resizemode=4The Kerala pacer was the star attraction in the Kochi IPL team and, like others in the now disbanded franchise, is also part of the auction pool. Along with VVS Laxman and Brendon McCullum, he has commanded the highest reserve price of $400,000 for the February 4 sale. Various team owners have told TOI that they will bid for him aggressively. "We will be acquiring players for three years. So, even if he misses out this time, he will come in handy in the later editions," one of them said. The speedster has been away from the cricket field since November 2011. After playing the first Ranji Trophy game against Vidarbha, he missed the rest of the season due to excruciating pain in his toes. Doctors and experts monitoring him were worried that the injury could turn into an edema, especially if he didn't rest his toe sufficiently. Their worst fears have now come true. It can, of course, be treated but the reason for the swelling and the fluid buildup has to be ascertained first. The bigger concern is that it has a tendency to recur without proper rest. Given the pounding that his feet take, Sreesanth may have to be wary for the rest of his playing days. He tried to make a quick recovery by undergoing ayurvedic treatment in Coimbatore in December. But it didn't help him regain fitness in time for the Tri-series in Australia. Maybe, it compounded the problem. Since then, Sreesanth has been at the NCA. The physios advised him ten weeks of rest after which another MRI scan would be taken. This may well decide his future in the game.
:dance: :yay: He already bowled 140-145k in world cup, and said he believes he can hit 150k one time. Speed and swing, steyn mould!! :icflove: People who said he faked injury :finger: Haterz :finger:

Not the end mate....

Sreesanth's IPL hopes in jeopardy too Feb 1, 2012, 12.34AM IST TNN [ Prasanth Menon ] KOCHI: S Sreesanth may have conceded that he is a doubtful starter for the upcoming edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL); but he hasn't yet come to terms with the extent of his toe injury that has kept him out of action since November. The inside story, though, is that the situation is much grimmer. According to officials at the NCA where he is undergoing rehabilitation, and even sources close to the bowler himself, the injury has aggravated into a serious condition known as 'bone marrow edema'. It may not have a long-term impact on his career, especially given his desire to return to the field soon; but it is now being accepted that he won't be able to put the kind of energy in his bowling that he is wont to, at least not in a hurry. "I am very depressed," he told TOI on Tuesday, after much cajoling. Not sounding his usual ebullient self, he said: "I don't know what's happening in my life." When pushed to explain the situation in his own words, he added: "I don't want to go into the medical details of my injury." Bone marrow edema is an inflammation causing excess fluid in a bone and is usually the result of an injury. The condition causes acute, almost unbearable, pain in the affected part. "Both his big toes are badly swollen. Forget running, he feels unbearable pain while just walking," a source in the Kerala Ranji team said. Sreesanth, though, is unfazed. "I am following the physio's advice who is in touch with a number of doctors. They have told me that my comeback depends a lot on my mental strength. I have made many comebacks from injuries and god willing I will come out of this one too," the 29-year-old said. "My primary goal is to play for India again. I will not cut down on my pace. I will be back only if I can bowl at 140kmph," he asserted. It won't be easy though. thumb.cms?msid=11705458&width=100&resizemode=4The Kerala pacer was the star attraction in the Kochi IPL team and, like others in the now disbanded franchise, is also part of the auction pool. Along with VVS Laxman and Brendon McCullum, he has commanded the highest reserve price of $400,000 for the February 4 sale. Various team owners have told TOI that they will bid for him aggressively. "We will be acquiring players for three years. So, even if he misses out this time, he will come in handy in the later editions," one of them said. The speedster has been away from the cricket field since November 2011. After playing the first Ranji Trophy game against Vidarbha, he missed the rest of the season due to excruciating pain in his toes. Doctors and experts monitoring him were worried that the injury could turn into an edema, especially if he didn't rest his toe sufficiently. Their worst fears have now come true. It can, of course, be treated but the reason for the swelling and the fluid buildup has to be ascertained first. The bigger concern is that it has a tendency to recur without proper rest. Given the pounding that his feet take, Sreesanth may have to be wary for the rest of his playing days. He tried to make a quick recovery by undergoing ayurvedic treatment in Coimbatore in December. But it didn't help him regain fitness in time for the Tri-series in Australia. Maybe, it compounded the problem. Since then, Sreesanth has been at the NCA. The physios advised him ten weeks of rest after which another MRI scan would be taken. This may well decide his future in the game.
:dance: :yay: He already bowled 140-145k in world cup, and said he believes he can hit 150k one time. Speed and swing, steyn mould!! :icflove: People who said he faked injury :finger: Haterz :finger: Oedema is highly reverisble in general with good meds like Diuretics e.t.c. Need to tackle cause. He will be back! Got to keep of salt and regularly check weight!