ISHANT SHARMA FAST BOWLER MAY GET CHANCE

ishan

Re: ISHANT SHARMA FAST BOWLER MAY GET CHANCE

I remember a certain Pathan who was fast tracked.... Munaf, sreesanth, Balaji came through after seasons of serious first class cricket.
Exactly. Seems like Vengsarkar is a one-man selection committe now.
The decision to send the promising medium pacer was taken at the behest of Chairman of Selectors Dilip Vengsarkar who had watched the 6 feet 4 inch tall Sharma in action during Delhi's first Ranji match of the season against Tamil Nadu earlier this month.

Re: ISHANT SHARMA FAST BOWLER MAY GET CHANCE not sure, y many of u guys are paranoid about this... all he is going to do is, be in the dressing room and learn from watching up close their training and planning at the international level..... u should feel happy for him for this opportunity cos he is a bright young talent....

not sure' date=' y many of u guys are paranoid about this... all he is going to do is, be in the dressing room and learn from watching up close their training and planning at the international level..... u should feel happy for him for this opportunity cos he is a bright young talent....[/quote'] Agree I think its important to get young talented bowlers in to the dressing and training camps to get ideas on fitness etc Not to play in matches but to learn. Yohamesh should get same treatment

Re: ISHANT SHARMA FAST BOWLER MAY GET CHANCE The Indian Team is on a tough tour.. not on a coaching camp These kind of decisions irritate me...It only means one thing he is getting fast tracked ... I would like to know what Connections he has and while on it would also like to know VRVs connections

The Indian Team is on a tough tour.. not on a coaching camp These kind of decisions irritate me...It only means one thing he is getting fast tracked ... I would like to know what Connections he has and while on it would also like to know VRVs connections
They are both tall and quick. Such a rarity in indian cricket, thus they are fast tracked to ensure they do not become fat and unfit etc. They need real guidance(diet, gym work, seam position etc) to make sure we reep the benefits in 2 or 3 years time

thus they are fast tracked to ensure they do not become fat and unfit etc. They need real guidance(diet, gym work, seam position etc) to make sure we reep the benefits in 2 or 3 years time
But Bhai Log... there is something called National Cricket Academy for honing the skills of talented.... Not the Indian National Team :lol:

Re: ISHANT SHARMA FAST BOWLER MAY GET CHANCE It will not be as benficial as time in Indian traing camps etc. Don't trust domestic cricket in relation to fast bowlers. Not sure they understand things like fitness, nutrition etc Rather national team give some real guidance on this. Also Ishant has actually been outstanding this year. He is young yes but is good, a 6ft 4inch bowler like him is a rare thing for India and we must make sure we do everything possible to ensure he becomes the real deal. Saying that I think it is crazy to fly him all the way to SA for 1 game to go.

Re: ISHANT SHARMA FAST BOWLER MAY GET CHANCE If there is a problem in Academies, Pace foundations, Spin clinics and First Class cricket fix it... How many Talented can be sent on a tour one or two... But how many can we get if done in proper way. First let Ishant play one full season and select him on tough A tours and then we can talk... As such we are not desperate for a pace bowler. As much as it is an encouragement for Ishant ( who already played for North Zone which is again a surprise without a full Ranji season)...it will be total injustice to others who are toiling season in season out