1. 1.

• McCullum
    • Guptil
    • Taylor
    • Williamson
    • Van Wyk
    • None of the NZ bat
    • Other batsmen (state it in thread)

IDK why we have to take offense to each and every thing. :dontknow: Shaant rahiye, baith jaayiye He's making a comparison for NZ team before the IPL versus after the IPL and it does have some truth to it. IKnowU, makes a fantastic point on the "context" of the games. Is cricket the only international sport where the matches between the WC's are haphazardly organized ?

I put myself in cricketers shoes, I am rich, I am happy, I don't have any pressure, I play cricket for living, I would give my best shot for my country !! Everyone's playing IPL for money, BCCI has organised IPL for money, it shouldn't take anything away from an International cricketer playing for his country.

I put myself in cricketers shoes' date=' I am rich, I am happy, I don't have any pressure, I play cricket for living, [b']I would give my best shot for my country !! Everyone's playing IPL for money, BCCI has organised IPL for money, it shouldn't take anything away from an International cricketer playing for his country.
If you're happy and without any pressure, would you work harder for something which won't earn you much?
If you're happy and without any pressure' date=' would you work harder for something which won't earn you much?[/quote'] I would if I am representing my country, without any doubt, playing for country is the biggest dream for any sportsman, if money was everything, Sachin would have stopped performing at the age of 26.
I would if I am representing my country' date=' without any doubt, playing for country is the biggest dream for any sportsman, if money was everything, Sachin would have stopped performing at the age of 26.[/quote'] [1] You are comparing an average cricketer to a modern time great - unfair. [2] It's about what the current new generation want. The Laxman's, Dravid's wanted to play cricket for the country. However, deny it as much you want to there will be a new generation of cricketers who would play for money and not the represent the Test team. There's nothing wrong about it but it does have a fragmentation effect on the talent pool.
If you're happy and without any pressure' date=' would you work harder for something which won't earn you much?[/quote'] Well Watson, Dhoni, Kohli, AB DV, Steyn all make loads of money in IPL. Have you ever seen them play less passionately for their country? Why blame the product? Not defending IPL here neither its because someone from outside is blaming IPL. You anti-IPL brigade need to see the picture leaving IPL aside. It has become easy for every country to blame everything on IPL when the truth is they have been exposed. SL ex-cricketers blame IPL for SL's downfall, surprising it only happened when Murali retired? Have NZ been a competitive side before IPL? Ever since likes of Fleming, Bond, Astle retired they have become a weak LOI team as well.
IDK why we have to take offense to each and every thing. :dontknow: Shaant rahiye, baith jaayiye He's making a comparison for NZ team before the IPL versus after the IPL and it does have some truth to it. IKnowU, makes a fantastic point on the "context" of the games. Is cricket the only international sport where the matches between the WC's are haphazardly organized ?
I am not an IPL defender, but when it comes to under performance most x-cricketers start blaming IPL for their countries miseries.
[1] You are comparing an average cricketer to a modern time great - unfair. [2] It's about what the current new generation want. The Laxman's, Dravid's wanted to play cricket for the country. However, deny it as much you want to there will be a new generation of cricketers who would play for money and not the represent the Test team. There's nothing wrong about it but it does have a fragmentation effect on the talent pool.
I can buy your point when you say that T20 has ruined techniques, Its a matter of Will & Skill, most cricketers have the will to play for their countries, but they have lost the skill of playing test matches.
I am not an IPL defender' date=' but when it comes to under performance most x-cricketers start blaming IPL for their countries miseries.[/quote'] Well, it's your interpretation that they are blaming the tournament organizers. My interpretation is that NZ players are being criticized - you can always chose not to play in the IPL.
Well Watson, Dhoni, Kohli, AB DV, Steyn all make loads of money in IPL. Have you ever seen them play less passionately for their country? Why blame the product? Not defending IPL here neither its because someone from outside is blaming IPL. You anti-IPL brigade need to see the picture leaving IPL aside. It has become easy for every country to blame everything on IPL when the truth is they have been exposed. SL ex-cricketers blame IPL for SL's downfall, surprising it only happened when Murali retired? Have NZ been a competitive side before IPL? Ever since likes of Fleming, Bond, Astle retired they have become a weak LOI team as well.
+ 100
I can buy your point when you say that T20 has ruined techniques' date=' Its a matter of Will & Skill, most cricketers have will to play for their countries, but they have lost the skill of playing test matches.[/quote'] I think they may lose the "drive" unless you don't make it a challenge. A lot of series/matches are played without context. The current policy of the ICC which allows member boards to schedule series at will adds to this mess. For ex, India-Sri Lanka tours. Of course, situations in countries like Pakistan where there you can't play cricket doesn't help either. More than anyone, it is ICC who needs to be blamed for this ruckus. It's not a strong organization but filled with partisan cronies whose main aim is to pacify member boards and not to take cricket forward.
He's right, you know. Watch Vettori be so dis-interested when representing NZ.
As a great player he is, he will never get the success he deserves along with many other players from nations that werent strong in their respective era. If he can go join the Delhi Daredevils and help them to win the IPL, dont you think he would feel just as a good as winning the WC or a important game? He had the players, his input to succeed, should he feel not as successful?