God's warriors (CNN special report)

Gaurav

objective agar hua then u won't like it lurker.. :giggle:
Actually I am not sure what to expect. See if this gets toooooo anti-Muslim then Muslim would be up in anger with a "Typical Western media". If this does not get enough objective then Evangelical Christians(amongst others) will taunt the programme as soft. There is already a murmur that the segment was actually just Muslim warriors but to ensure Muslim feelings were not hurt extra segments on Christians and Jews were added later on. How true that is? Your guess is as good as mine. Regardless this seems to be a big hit for CNN this year. xxx

That's what the p-secs do? Anybody talks about Hamas or Muslim terrorism..they claim RSS and other Hindutva groups are no better. How can one make such careless statements. When have these groups taken to arms, terrorise people and establishments, killed people in the name of Jihad etc. I am sure Gujarat riots will then be raised. What happened in Amdavad is not different from what happens in every city of India where there are historic communal tensions. People who have lost in previous riots will be waiting for an opportunity to score in the next set that flares up. For every RSS/Bajrang Dal there is another rival from the Muslim community who will take their cause. If you read 'Maximum City' you will know that next riots in Mumbail will be deadlier than ever before with the Muslim groups having stashed arms, crude bombs, grenades, AK-47s etc and will attack at the slightest opportunity they get.

Guest dada_rocks
That's what the p-secs do? Anybody talks about Hamas or Muslim terrorism..they claim RSS and other Hindutva groups are no better. How can one make such careless statements. When have these groups taken to arms, terrorise people and establishments, killed people in the name of Jihad etc. I am sure Gujarat riots will then be raised. What happened in Amdavad is not different from what happens in every city of India where there are historic communal tensions. People who have lost in previous riots will be waiting for an opportunity to score in the next set that flares up. For every RSS/Bajrang Dal there is another rival from the Muslim community who will take their cause. If you read 'Maximum City' you will know that next riots in Mumbail will be deadlier than ever before with the Muslim groups having stashed arms, crude bombs, grenades, AK-47s etc and will attack at the slightest opportunity they get.
I will draw an IPC analogy Cuplable homicide ( at worst): VHP Shiv sena etc Cold-blooded murder: islamic extremism. Last time I checked these two were not the same never mind buddy they know that they are fooling themselves

So what are your opinions on the Muslim Warriors segment that was broadcasted yesterday? I missed the first hour(not sure why I thought it was delayed by an hour) but the second half seemed kinda usual really. I mean I thought the first section(Jew warriors) was more enlightening for me personally. Or did I miss the best part(that is the first hour)? xx

I watched the documentary and it took a major nose dive for me as soon as it repeatedly started showing Karen Armstrong (apologist extraordinaire). I felt overall Amanpour got caught in no mans land with this documentary. All I can saw is that Europe is screwed! "God" bless people like Christopher Hitchens who speak the truth when it comes to religious freaks. pt 1 pt 2

I watched the documentary and it took a major nose dive for me as soon as it repeatedly started showing Karen Armstrong (apologist extraordinaire). I felt overall Amanpour got caught in no mans land with this documentary. All I can saw is that Europe is screwed!
I agree with that. It was almost that the host(Amanpour) kept going back to the same people over and over again. I was apprehensive y'day that it would go too soft and perhaps thats what happened. And it completely beats me why only Europe, Middle East & North America were highlighted?? Surely they could have picked a hell of a lot of material from Pakistan? Heck the Lal Masjid saga itself would be worth 2 hours. Unless of course it was part of the first hour that I missed :sad_smile::sad_smile: I also think Europe is running into a weird situation. For a continent that has been very moderate it seems to be getting polarized very fast. The worse thing is that the polarization is rampant amongst the youths which only makes the future bleaker. xxx

Guest dada_rocks

I thought so.. if she cud go on and on about a very insignifcant fringe jewish extremist whihc remains officially banned she needed to show some cajones and tell it like it is.. a mainstream terrorist organization whihc is not only not banned but hailed all over the islamic world and are in power too in palestine..........

I thought so.. if she cud go on and on about a very insignifcant fringe jewish extremist whihc remains officially banned she needed to show some cajones and tell it like it is...
First few chunks of the Jewish docu held more critical analysis of Jews than the whole 2 hours of the Muslim docu:confused_smile: Pakistan or Indonesia were not even mentioned once :hysterical: I don't think the term wahhabi was mentioned properly either. Btw the person I found most irritating was the young American Muslim chick with the headscarf...what a lost case. She was painting such a beautiful picture of her fake humbleness :haha: Amanpour did not sum up the content of Hirsi Ali's "Submission docu" accurately either. All I can say is that reporters are either **** scared and walking on egg shells or following some kind of company agenda of not offending muslims.

Btw the person I found most irritating was the young American Muslim chick with the headscarf...what a lost case. She was painting such a beautiful picture of her fake humbleness
Ever wondered how such women, who speak of modesty and how naqab/hijaab saves them time for doing make-up and be accepted for who they are all that crap, walk around in 6 inch heels? Whats with that? :haha:

Btw the person I found most irritating was the young American Muslim chick with the headscarf...what a lost case. She was painting such a beautiful picture of her fake humbleness :haha: .
So true. Her origins came as a real shock to me - she was from Islip, Long Island. That's pretty close my neck of the woods. What a hypocrite she was though, claiming Islam rejects materialism and how the hijab makes her "dignified" - she was spewing all this bullsh*t while the camera closed in on her getting off her big @ss SUV, wearing an expensive looking bracelet, her face painted with tons of eyeliner and other crappy make-up, living in a nice looking house which must be worth at least 500 grand. If that isn't materialism, i don't know what is. And she has the nerve to imply that American society isn't humble...:confused_smile: F*ck you, b itch. Muslims are such pathetic hypocrites. If they denounce materialism and want to live a humble life, why the f*ck has the muslim population in Europe tripled ? Why are there 2 million muslims living in the United States ? If they are so damn humble and hate people in the west for their obssession with materialism, why the f*ck do they continue to live in their countries ? What infuriated me were those images of British muslims at the beginning fo the documentary. Holding up placards saying "Muslims against British oppression". Seriously, if you feel you are being oppressed, why don't you and your fellow ninja-suit wearing cronies just get the f*ck out and live in Saudi Arabia ? I have no sympathy for these b@stards.

Guest dada_rocks

Girls and shoes.. Well even if god himself comes and says it's haram they ain't buying it.. Main garib insaan bibi ke sandle/shoes love ka mara hua hun.:confused_smile: Seriously gals what the hell is this fixation with buying new purse when u hardly use them..

Guest dada_rocks
So true. Her origins came as a real shock to me - she was from Islip, Long Island. That's pretty close my neck of the woods. What a hypocrite she was though, claiming Islam rejects materialism and how the hijab makes her "dignified" - she was spewing all this bullsh*t while the camera closed in on her getting off her big @ss SUV, wearing an expensive looking bracelet, her face painted with tons of eyeliner and other crappy make-up, living in a nice looking house which must be worth at least 500 grand. If that isn't materialism, i don't know what is. And she has the nerve to imply that American society isn't humble...:confused_smile: F*ck you, b itch. Muslims are such pathetic hypocrites. If they denounce materialism and want to live a humble life, why the f*ck has the muslim population in Europe tripled ? Why are there 2 million muslims living in the United States ? If they are so damn humble and hate people in the west for their obssession with materialism, why the f*ck do they continue to live in their countries ? What infuriated me were those images of British muslims at the beginning fo the documentary. Holding up placards saying "Muslims against British oppression". Seriously, if you feel you are being oppressed, why don't you and your fellow ninja-suit wearing cronies just get the f*ck out and live in Saudi Arabia ? I have no sympathy for these b@stards.
so true.. Go to any muslim country; usa embassy ke bahar wahin nazaar milega jo delhi mein dikhata hai

Girls and shoes.. Well even if god himself comes and says it's haram they ain't buying it.. Main garib insaan bibi ke sandle/shoes love ka mara hua hun.:confused_smile: Seriously gals what the hell is this fixation with buying new purse when u hardly use them..
Yaar I don't even like shopping....

Same fixation guys have with electronics and power tools. If I stopped to think "will I use this freqently" my local economy will collapse :)

Guest dada_rocks

Well I don't even carry cell-phone.. other than my laptop which is kind of zaroorat given my profession I don't possess any electronic gadgets.. seriously what's the point of having a dozen purse and three dozen sandles..:confused_smile:

Guest dada_rocks
Yaar I don't even like shopping....
I think ye information chhare balakon ke kaam ki hai.:giggle:. guys take note... She is one in a billion

Well the IIIrd segment aired yesterday, about Christians, was an eye-opener in many ways. I had no idea that Christian right has relentlessly worked itself towards a situation where it controls the Supreme Court and affect legislation. Was pretty scary really. Perhaps the best out of the 3 segments.