Mohammad Nissar trophy, 07 : Mumbai v Karachi from Sep 8-11

shailesh

This is heading towards a draw. This is the problem with Indian cricket as a whole because even when they dominate they still don't always win.
If you are referring to the Oval test let me remind you we won the series 1-0 and wanted to make sure of that by not following them on. (please let me remind you your team lost 3-0 last year) If you are referring to this match, i dont know wat u on about mate, India will comfortably win because of their 1st innings total of 623 Rule is in case of there being no outright winner in 4 day first class matches, the team with the higher 1st innings total wins the trophy. Hence Mumbai batting on and on and taking no chances on this road of a track.
If you are referring to the Oval test let me remind you we won the series 1-0 and wanted to make sure of that by not following them on. (please let me remind you your team lost 3-0 last year) If you are referring to this match, i dont know wat u on about mate, India will comfortably win because of their 1st innings total of 623 Rule is in case of there being no outright winner in 4 day first class matches, the team with the higher 1st innings total wins the trophy. Hence Mumbai batting on and on and taking no chances on this road of a track.
My observation is not based on one or two games, it is based on the last 15-16 years of following Indian cricket. The simple concept is to try and win every game you play and unfortunately i don't see that with the Indian team.
My observation is not based on one or two games' date=' it is based on the last 15-16 years of following Indian cricket. The simple concept is to try and win every game you play and unfortunately i don't see that with the Indian team.[/quote'] MP, with the kind of bowling attack India generally has, specially abroad, the safety first approach makes sense. With a strong batting lineup the first strategy India employs is to bat the opposition out of the game and then think about a win.
This is heading towards a draw. This is the problem with Indian cricket as a whole because even when they dominate they still don't always win.
well I agree with MP. we really lack the winning temperament. lets not talk abt the oval test. much has been discussed about that.and it doesnt matter whether how pak played cuz thts not the right way of thinking to go forward... Prolly our domestic system is to be blamed. we have 5 days of ranji match and still more often the match ends in a draw and still there is a winner and loser from tht match. This makes the players statisfied with a 1st innings lead and a draw.. They shud make this more stringent like if its a draw then its a draw... and there should be some other measure(other than a 1st innings lead ) to award a team the points if there was points tie to move ahead to the next round. I dont know how it is in Aussie first class system.. but surely ours have to change if we want to bring the winning attitude among our players instead of playing safe attitude..

Finally the 6th wicket falls after a mammoth 6th wicket partnership! Zubin, It is the same in Australia too. 1st inning lead gets 2 points while outright win fetches more points. Of corse the domestic structure has to improve, making it more competitive; but at the same time, we need good lively pitches, be it good for seamers or spinners, good outfields so that fielding gets better, a more professional approach and winning attitude right from the U-15 level!

Finally the 6th wicket falls after a mammoth 6th wicket partnership! Zubin, It is the same in Australia too. 1st inning lead gets 2 points while outright win fetches more points. Of corse the domestic structure has to improve, making it more competitive; but at the same time, we need good lively pitches, be it good for seamers or spinners, good outfields so that fielding gets better, a more professional approach and winning attitude right from the U-15 level!
then its interesting to know how their resulsts are.. how many % of the matches get drawn in a sports calendar year. My guess would be not as much as the drawn matches in our country. You are right, I agree with the lively pitches.. but chandan I cant agree tht our fielding is not better cuz of the outfield..this i may be the reason before 5-7 years... but these days the players r getting trained in much better outfileds than it was some years ago.. but our fielding still at its worst...we r big bunch of lazy bumms who cant bend their backs

players getting trained at much better field at international level is altogeter another matter. You have to provide good outfield to kids at U-15 level when their art of learning fielding is at formative level. Have seen what kind of grounds are being provided them? No one can learn fielding at the age of 25+ years. PS: 7th wicket falls before stumps and KU is 339/7.

MP' date=' with the kind of bowling attack India generally has, specially abroad, the safety first approach makes sense. With a strong batting lineup the first strategy India employs is to bat the opposition out of the game and then think about a win.[/quote'] I see where you are coming from Shwetabh but considering the weak bowling attack the Indian team has the following 2 options a) Show some intent with the bat and give the bowlers enough time to bowl the opposition out. b) Do the complete opposite and KILL time. In most cases the Indian team will go for option B.