Athletics at London 2012

Raghav_12

And you wont see Blacks in swimming. I remember reading an article highlighting how their bodies types are suitable for sprints, swimming respectively.
Even in the US, decent sized swimming pools (25 meters and above) are much more accessible to the affluent. Even in public schools, you'll find swimming pools mainly in the better school districts unlike track and field facilities. Also culturally, swimming is not that popular among blacks.

Even in the US' date=' decent sized swimming pools (25 meters and above) are much more accessible to the affluent. Even in public schools, you'll find swimming pools mainly in the better school districts unlike track and field facilities. Also culturally, swimming is not that popular among blacks.[/quote'] In such matters, I always consider socio-economic 'filtering', so no arguments about it. The article I was referring to, IIRC, talked about the differences purely (I hope) from bio-mechanics perspective.... center of gravity and (related) schit, like limbs length as compared to torso, etc... as is conducive for excelling in particular sport (swimming/sprinting).

Liu, chinese big hope in 110 m hurdle, limped off the track once again, after hitting a hurdle in prelimiaries itself. He had suffrered the same fate in Beijing as well when there was huge anticipation for this local boy. If I am not wrong he was flag-bearer for Chinese contingent in 2008. He was in news during last years world athletics as 110m gold medalist Robles was disqualified after it was noted that Robles had tried to push Liu during the course of that run. Video of that event is an interesting watch.

Liu, chinese big hope in 110 m hurdle, limped off the track once again, after hitting a hurdle in prelimiaries itself. He had suffrered the same fate in Beijing as well when there was huge anticipation for this local boy. If I am not wrong he was flag-bearer for Chinese contingent in 2008. He was in news during last years world athletics as 110m gold medalist Robles was disqualified after it was noted that Robles had tried to push Liu during the course of that run. Video of that event is an interesting watch.
saw.it..disspoimted..:(( champ..:hatsoff:

:hatsoff: to the Brownlee brothers Alistair and Jonny- gold and bronze in the Triathlon. 1500m swim, 43km bike ride and 10 km run in 1:46:25 and 1:46:56 respectively Absolutely epic. 'Brownlee's 10km run split of 29 minutes and seven seconds was only just over a minute and a half slower than Mo Farah's gold medal-winning time in the track 10,000m last Saturday' http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18902984

Anyone here following Christophe Lemaitre?
Follow a bit.. but what chance he has against Bolt and Blake? But it's usually a diferent scene to see a white man in finals of 200m race. I didn't follow if he competed in 100 m as well at London?

Follows a bit.. but what chance he has against Bolt and Blake? But it's usually a diferent scene to see a white man in finals of 200m race. I didn't follow if he competed in 100 m as well at London?
Naa he opted out of 100m to focus on 200m. Let's see how that gambit's gonna pay off for him. Sailed through the heats.

kon hain bhai woh?
Fastest man in Europe, one of the very few to clock sub 10's in the 100m. That said 200 meters is his strength, not that he comes anywhere close to Bolt. For London Lemaitre is ranked 4th. Nonetheless will be interesting to see how he matches up. He's known to be a choker though.