Soldier memorial desecrated

surajmal

^^ Lurker saheb.. you are wrong on many levels. Shiv Sena lost their power on Mumbai long time back.. Congress has been ruling in mumbai in recent years.. yes, they show their power here and there but to say they have the city under their thumb is grossly exaggerated statement.. they have their strong hold in some pockets of the city but overall they dont have much power.. On the contrarary, the major problem for mumbai is uncontrollable population... and for the right or wrong reasons.. MNS felt immigrants are ruining the city and they tried to, with wrong approach, control the influx but failed in doing so.. I been going there every year in last five years and I really believe that ever growing population will take down the city eventually.... painful commute, lack of infrastructure is also greatly related to population growth..
It may be hard to believe but Mumbai recorded its slowest population growth in almost a century in the last decade. The population of the island city shrunk by 5.75% from 2001 to 2011, recording the sharpest drop in south Mumbai since 1901, according to a detailed analysis of the latest Census data.
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-07-11/mumbai/32631701_1_population-growth-world-population-day-decline

that is indeed hard to believe.. but even then you didnt paste the entire data..

The population of the island city shrunk by 5.75% from 2001 to 2011, recording the sharpest drop in south Mumbai since 1901, according to a detailed analysis of the latest Census data. Although the suburbs added 8.01% more people in the same 10-year-period, their growth was the slowest since the 1920s.

that is indeed hard to believe.. but even then you didnt paste the entire data..
I did highlight what I thought was the key deduction. If there was an ulterior motive, I would not have posted the link :winky: Back to this whole population thing, when does the relevant clock for Bombay migration start? Far as I can think of but for the local fishermen no group, including Marathis, can claim to be local. Certainly not Muslims, Parsis, Gujratis etc. Far as I can remember Bombay always had a population of 75 lakhs plus into 1980s. I am pretty certain most census will back me up. I use 1980s because the Bihari/UP migration started after that. The people who migrated to Bombay before 1980s were the Tamils, Gujjus, Muslims etc etc. So to better argue this whole population discussion we need a line in sand to start our conversation. What year should it be :winky:

^^^ now you are moving away from the topic.. my point is that a lot of issues that Mumbai is facing today is because of its ever growing population... and it is not fair to blame SS/MNS parties for all the congress-ruled Mumbai issues. BTW.. are you a congress supporter?? say it aint so... :cantstop:

watching too many movies beetle?? these things are easy to say on forums... you think if MNS and SS gundas came out on the same day as muslims' date=' it wouldnt have created another 92 type situation in Mumbai? Imagine these two groups fighting and about 100 people dying on that day.. next day.. mumbai bandh... more riots.... common people getting attacked and so on... RT did the right thing for once IMO..[/quote'] I know...was just reacting in anger.But the fact remains the thakerays are the biggest cowards who bully people when they are safe and secure.

my point is that a lot of issues that Mumbai is facing today is because of its ever growing population...
Just for kicks, I looked up population for Bombay, and as per UN it was already 71 lakhs in 1975. I am going to keep blaming you Gujjus now Veer :--D
and it is not fair to blame SS/MNS parties for all the congress-ruled Mumbai issues.
Let us take this issue at hand Veer. This, to me, was a great chance to take some good measures against illegal BD immigrants. And hopefully that could have triggered a Nationwide response as well. To tackle this you would need good support from the non-Marathi crowd. The maaja-tumjha crowd would have no understanding of the difference between a Bihari Muslim and a Bangladeshi. You would need a Bihari to just hear a BD and go - Saab ye yehan ka nahin hai. Now that the chewtiyas have issued the whole Bihari-JHarkhandi-UPites did this, I can see why folks from these states would go on with their world leaving the Marathi Manus to deal with this.
BTW.. are you a congress supporter?? say it aint so... :cantstop:
I am Ramu Kaka supporter. He is my BR Ambedkar and Ramdas Athvale :agree:

I know...was just reacting in anger.But the fact remains the thakerays are the biggest cowards who bully people when they are safe and secure.
that may be true now.. but back in 1992 they are the ones who made us safe when riots broke out.. trust me it was really scary situation back then.. if not for SS, they would have cut lof of us in half.... i have seen people running with swords to defend others. p.s i am not taking any religion's name here cuz dont want to spark that debate again..

^^ Lurker saheb.. you are wrong on many levels. Shiv Sena lost their power on Mumbai long time back.. Congress has been ruling in mumbai in recent years.. yes, they show their power here and there but to say they have the city under their thumb is grossly exaggerated statement.. they have their strong hold in some pockets of the city but overall they dont have much power.. On the contrarary, the major problem for mumbai is uncontrollable population... and for the right or wrong reasons.. MNS felt immigrants are ruining the city and they tried to, with wrong approach, control the influx but failed in doing so.. I been going there every year in last five years and I really believe that ever growing population will take down the city eventually.... painful commute, lack of infrastructure is also greatly related to population growth..
The solution is to build infrastructure and use the manpower to start new or attract businesses to grow even more.

that may be true now.. but back in 1992 they are the ones who made us safe when riots broke out.. trust me it was really scary situation back then.. if not for SS, they would have cut lof of us in half.... i have seen people running with swords to defend others. p.s i am not taking any religion's name here cuz dont want to spark that debate again..
The riots started as a result of communal tension prevailing in the city after the Babri Mosque demolition on 6 December 1992. This was followed by celebratory processions by Shiv Sena and BJP activists and targeting of Muslim localities. It is commonly believed that the riots occurred in two phases. The first was mainly a Muslim backlash as a result of the Babri Masjid demolition in the week immediately succeeding 6 December 1992 led by Hindu hard-line elements in the city of Ayodhya. The second phase was a Hindu backlash occurring as a result of the killings of Hindu Mathadi Kamgar (workers) by Muslims in Dongri (an area of South Bombay), stabbing of Hindus in Muslim majority areas and burning of six Hindus, including a physically handicapped girl in Radhabai Chawl. This phase occurred in January 1993, with most incidents reported between 6 January and 20 January. However, the Sri Krishna report categorically denied that there was a Hindu backlash on the stabbings and held that these were organized attacks by Shiv Sainiks against Muslim localities.[3] The Report asserted that the communal passions of the Hindus were aroused to fever pitch by the inciting writings in print media, particularly Saamna and Navaakal which gave exaggerated accounts of the Mathadi murders and the Radhabai Chawl incident; rumours were floated that there were imminent attacks by Muslims using sophisticated arms. These factors impelled some of the irresponsible and hotËÉeaded Hindu elements to take to violence. From 8 January 1993 at least there is no doubt that the Shiv Sena and Shiv Sainiks took the lead in organizing attacks on Muslims and their properties under the guidance of several leaders of the Shiv Sena from the level of Shakha Pramukh to the Shiv Sena Pramukh Bal Thackeray who, like a veteran General, commanded his loyal Shiv Sainiks to retaliate by organised attacks against Muslims. The communal violence and rioting triggered off by the Shiv Sena was hijacked by local criminal elements who saw in it an opportunity to make quick gains. By the time the Shiv Sena realized that enough had been done by way of "retaliation", the violence and rioting was beyond the control of its leaders who had to issue an appeal to put an end to it.[3] wikie.

I guess you are right on that count.:icflove: I just hate all politicians and their foot soldiers.....

C_G, my point still stands though.. you can argue the same thing for Narendra Modi and Godhra... that Mumbai blasts happended because Godhra riots happened.. .but truth of the matter is that 'we' have lot of tolerennce while 'they' do things because something happened in some other country..

I guess you are right on that count.:icflove: I just hate all politicians and their foot soldiers.....
tell me about it Radhika ji.. World is getting effed up day by day.. who knows what our next generation going to see.

The solution is to build infrastructure and use the manpower to start new or attract businesses to grow even more.
arre what infrastructure.. there is no space there.. you dig up one road in mumbai and it will take years to finish...where you going to shift slums?? literary everyone i talk to in mumbai, they say their building is going in redevelopment.. so 3 story building is going to be a 7-10 story building and they keep on digging deep for months.... drainage system is f'ed up because of that.. even a smallest rainfall will flood up the roads.. one solution i see is to make other cities attractive to work in so migration can be diverted. close borders with bangla etc..

arre what infrastructure.. there is no space there.. you dig up one road in mumbai and it will take years to finish...where you going to shift slums?? literary everyone i talk to in mumbai' date=' they say their building is going in redevelopment.. so 3 story building is going to be a 7-10 story building and they keep on digging deep for months.... drainage system is f'ed up because of that.. even a smallest rainfall will flood up the roads.. one solution i see is to make other cities attractive to work in so migration can be diverted. close borders with bangla etc..[/quote'] So things are being done but they need to be done better and more things need to happen. They obviously need to grow and create more cities nearby from where people can commute daily. The ministers are all corrupt and thats why nothing happens so its not migrants its netas

C_G, my point still stands though.. you can argue the same thing for Narendra Modi and Godhra... that Mumbai blasts happended because Godhra riots happened.. .but truth of the matter is that 'we' have lot of tolerennce while 'they' do things because something happened in some other country..
And maybe we can all trace the root cause to Babri Masjid and how it led to revival of communalism in India putting us back in every way? Ever wondered Veer why before 1992 there were NO Hindu-Muslim riots in Bombay? Even during 1947 partition?

So things are being done but they need to be done better and more things need to happen. They obviously need to grow and create more cities nearby from where people can commute daily. The ministers are all corrupt and thats why nothing happens so its not migrants its netas
haha.. nice try... no wonder lurker considers you as his leader.. :cantstop:

So things are being done but they need to be done better and more things need to happen. They obviously need to grow and create more cities nearby from where people can commute daily. The ministers are all corrupt and thats why nothing happens so its not migrants its netas
Sahi ghumaaya MLA saheb :hatsoff: Tum sangharsh karo Aunty, hum tumhare saath hain :dancing:

And maybe we can all trace the root cause to Babri Masjid and how it led to revival of communalism in India putting us back in every way? Ever wondered Veer why before 1992 there were NO Hindu-Muslim riots in Bombay? Even during 1947 partition?
Yes, cuz hindus took everything on chin.. and minorities were less in proportion..