Five Pakistan players sign up for ICL

King

Guest dada_rocks
I wonder if MOYO will become YOYO again !:P
Given his vacillating stance be it religious or cricket loyalty, YOYO will suit him better.

MOneyYO...was a surprise addition to ICL... i was not expecting him to sign..infact i was expecting Shoaib to sign....but he has been resisting the temptation so far... and asif is young lad...he has still time to think about these things... if asif joins..i would really feel for pak fans...and i frankly do not want asif to join..as i do not want to deprive myself the pleasure of series win against a weakened pak test team... i would want cairns..to play in ICL .. i would pay to watch cairns..if he comes to play in delhi... if we could buy some prominent zimbok players as well...

Guest dada_rocks
MOneyYO...was a surprise addition to ICL... i was not expecting him to sign..infact i was expecting Shoaib to sign....but he has been resisting the temptation so far... and asif is young lad...he has still time to think about these things... if asif joins..i would really feel for pak fans...and i frankly do not want asif to join..as i do not want to deprive myself the pleasure of series win against a weakened pak test team... i would want cairns..to play in ICL .. i would pay to watch cairns..if he comes to play in delhi... if we could buy some prominent zimbok players as well...
Shoaib gets enough from ads MOYO once rightly has whined despite him being mainstay of the team ( those days he was still a yoyo) he doesn't get as much ad money as fringe players are getting
It's not recognized by the ICC and the boards all around the world have made the same decision. Secondly it is anything but a free season! SA are coming to PAK in OCT and then there is the tour of India.
So you mean to say that all those ONGC or Air India leagues are recognised by BCCI or ICC? All the leagues in England, Scotland, Ireland etc are recognised by ICC?? What rubbish! None of these leagues are recognised, yet people from everywhere come here to play cricket. Many players from subcomtinent go and play league cricket in Europe. Throughout the summer, ONGC, Air India workers----Sehwag, Kaif , Raina et al keep playing for their leagues. No one bans them. Then why should any board ban ICL? Just because it is offering more money to players or its matches will have TV coverage? PCB is just doing that because BCCI wanted it to do so. I just cannot see what harm PCB can have from this league. It is politiking and doesn't want its players to earn money. It is being selfish from the board, not the players. And ICL has said that it'd release the players if their nation needs them. So WHERE IS THE PROBLEM, Faisal??
So you mean to say that all those ONGC or Air India leagues are recognised by BCCI or ICC? All the leagues in England, Scotland, Ireland etc are recognised by ICC?? What rubbish! None of these leagues are recognised, yet people from everywhere come here to play cricket. Many players from subcomtinent go and play league cricket in Europe. Throughout the summer, ONGC, Air India workers----Sehwag, Kaif , Raina et al keep playing for their leagues. No one bans them. Then why should any board ban ICL? Just because it is offering more money to players or its matches will have TV coverage? PCB is just doing that because BCCI wanted it to do so. I just cannot see what harm PCB can have from this league. It is politiking and doesn't want its players to earn money. It is being selfish from the board, not the players. And ICL has said that it'd release the players if their nation needs them. So WHERE IS THE PROBLEM, Faisal??
i see what you are saying Chandan but unlike other bodies ICL is seen as a real threat! They obviously have the force(money) to make life difficult for all the cricketing boards and the ICC hence all boards have are working on the same policy. Releasing players for national duty doesn't make any sense to me because see PAK for example have a series against SA in OCT/NOV and the ICF matches will also be played in OCT/NOV. So if they release players for national duty then the PAK players will be gone for the ENTIRE ICL season. I personally hope that ICL does well because it is an excellent incentive for young cricketers and would really help Indian cricket in the long run.
Guest dada_rocks

Threat in terms of money it has nothing to do with any cricketing rationale..That's why I say chest-beating with words like traitor sud stop..