The sad story of an IT powerhouse called Bangalore

GautiMaan

Eight persons, including Muslims, Hindus and Christians, were arrested on Friday in connection with attacks on people from the northeast residing here, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Central) Ravikanthe Gowda said.
This is a joke. It is clear they are trying to save one particular community. I am sensing the nation is going to the drains because of appeasement policy. http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article3785597.ece

LOL @ those saying there has been no real threats and only isolated incidents.. offcourse the threats clearly state that the attacks will begin only after Ramzan i.e after 20th and religious groups do act on such stuff in India which is a well known fact. Its only fair that you run for your life when you are being openly threatened instead of just waiting out and thats what the NE people are doing. They can always come back once the situation normalizes.

To check rumours, bulk SMSs banned

Members of Parliament, cutting across party lines, on Friday sent out a strong and loud message to the northeast people that the whole country was for them and with them and that they need not have any apprehension about their safety. Like any other citizen, they have every right to study, work and reside in any part of India. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh intervened in both the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha when the Houses took up for discussion, by suspending question hour, attacks on the northeast people and their exodus. He said the growing sense of insecurity among the northeast people was “more reprehensible.” Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde said he had directed intelligence personnel to trace the source of rumours and false information being spread against the northeast population through SMSs and websites such as YouTube and facebook. Union Home Secretary R.K. Singh said that to check rumours, bulk SMSs and MMSs have been banned for 15 days with immediate effect. No one would be allowed to send more than 5 SMSs at a time and more than 20 KB of data through mobile phones. During his intervention in the Lok Sabha, Dr. Singh, a Rajya Sabha member from Assam, said the northeast was a very sensitive region and whatever might have happened in Kokrajhar and other areas should not be used as an occasion to fan rumours. Communal harmony and unity and integrity were at stake and everyone should work to create an atmosphere to end rumour-mongering. Raising the issue in the Lok Sabha, Leader of the Opposition Sushma Swaraj urged the government to set up helplines to assist the northeast people to air their grievances, and increase police patrolling to instil a sense of confidence among them. In the Rajya Sabha, Leader of the Opposition Arun Jaitley said a fear psychosis was being created among the northeast people and steps should be taken to end rumour-mongering.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article3784725.ece http://business-standard.com/india/news/bulk-sms-ban-to-hit-service-providers-revenue-by-30/483597/

Actually, BC .... after reading all the posts here it makes me sick that we are falling prey to these politicians. Ullu ke Pathhon open your eyes and see what you are doing. The politicians DESIRE communal disharmony, that's how they play towards their vote bank. Stop playing into their hands. :mad:

So why are north east people leaving chennai' date='are they being targeted there too.I thought you genuinely opened this thread to talk about a sensitive matter but it seems like your intention was to just show a certain city in poor light and to big up your own city.You only want to see what you want to see.You still dint mention what attacks have happened in bangalore.[/quote'] No man i dont want to big up Chennai or anything,i was genuinely curious abt this and wanted to know from u guys. As for Chennai,all my friends from N.E are still here and preparing for their exams that is all i know

No man i dont want to big up Chennai or anything,i was genuinely curious abt this and wanted to know from u guys. As for Chennai,all my friends from N.E are still here and preparing for their exams that is all i know
Okay my mistake,no problem:two_thumbs_up:

I remember reading about actual threating incidents on WSJ website yesterday. No smoke without fire. Of course, media and congress trying to appease a particular minority is expected. Now the ***king RK singh says the SMSes are sourced from Pakistan. What a load of BS. How are pakis responsible for somebody destroying memorials in mumbai or threating people of their own country? To me, it looks like congress is digging their grave too soon

The Shiv Sena was against "Madrasis" earlier. Their slogan was "Lungi uthao, pungi bajao". Then it became anti Muslims. And now it is anti UP/Biharis, while still maintaining the anti Muslim ideology. MNS beat up UPites/Biharis because that is the present target. Wait and see they will find a new enemy to blame in future. Oh btw, mera Bhaarat mahaan!
lungi uthao,pungi bajao:hysterical::hysterical: lungi ke nechey pungi kab se ho gayi:haha::haha:

The Shiv Sena was against "Madrasis" earlier. Their slogan was "Lungi uthao, pungi bajao". Then it became anti Muslims. And now it is anti UP/Biharis, while still maintaining the anti Muslim ideology. MNS beat up UPites/Biharis because that is the present target. Wait and see they will find a new enemy to blame in future. Oh btw, mera Bhaarat mahaan!
Shiv Sena was acting like Flo Rida. "Can I blow your whistle baby?" = lungi uthao pungi bajao = blaaawjaab. He was actually asking his sena to do a favour for madrasis. Madrasis must have enjoyed it? B->

Northeast exodus wanes, at last in Bangalore 16 arrested in Bangalore, North-East exodus subsides

Sixteen people have been arrested in Bangalore, eight for spreading rumours leading to flight of people from the northeast people from Bangalore and eight for assault, a top police official said Saturday even as the exodus slowed to a trickle. Three people were arrested on Saturday for sending out SMSs and MMSs of rumours, taking the total to eight, Director General of Police Lalrokhuma Pachau told reporters here. The five others were arrested in Bangalore on Friday. He said eight others had been held for assaulting northeast people regarding which 15 cases had been booked in the last three days. Bangalore Police Commissioner B. G. Jyotiprakash Mirji said the three arrested Saturday were identified as Anees Pasha, T. Nawaz and Shahid Salman Khan. They have been held on charges of spreading enmity among various communities. He said four mobile phones, two computers and a laptop had been seized from them.
Fewer people from northeast leaving Bangalore Good to know that goodwill is winning the battle against the ones with an agenda.