Yuvraj will show his worth in this series

Ram

KR , i dont contest the performance of Laxman over Sachin the Saffie series. Then , he did perform better than Sachin yes. But in the recent Eng series , surely Sachin's 91 and 82 were crucial and were the foundation based on which our entire batting performance was built. Even many experts have said so. Having said that, i am in no way downplaying Laxman's efforts. Saying Sachin performed better than Laxman doesnt i imply Laxman performed badly in the Eng test series. I was just responding to Preds claim that Sachin was India's weakest link in the middle order and needs to be dropped.

KR , i dont contest the performance of Laxman over Sachin the Saffie series. Then , he did perform better than Sachin yes. But in the recent Eng series , surely Sachin's 91 and 82 were crucial and were the foundation based on which our entire batting performance was built. Even many experts have said so. Having said that, i am in no way downplaying Laxman's efforts. Saying Sachin performed better than Laxman doesnt i imply Laxman performed badly in the Eng test series. I was just responding to Preds claim that Sachin was India's weakest link in the middle order and needs to be dropped.
Fair enough ! :thumbs_up:Even I agree that Sachin should not be dropped from the test squad . He did contribute in the England series and still could be a force to reckon with.,

Sachin neednt be dropped after playing a decent support role in the recent test series. But the important thing to note is that he is just playing a supportive role in the middle order, hence must bat down the order & pave way for stroke makers. His supportive role also implies he absolutely cannot afford to fail (as his upside is too little to warrant any further rope). He continues to play as long as he averages 40 & holds the middle order together. If he fails to average 40, all his legacy/history means jack shy.te, he must make way for younger batsmen. I would love to see Yuvraj (Laxman is the only bakra who can make way, as things stand) & Sehwag (inplace of Jaffer) play. That IMO will be our best test XI.

Funny... Irony is that we are talking about ODI vs Test. FYI, test cricket is where best bowlers dont stop after bowling a spell of 3-4-5 overs. But they sometime even bowl like 8-12 overs. Spinners bowl as many as 20 overs in one spell. So ODI starts or form mean not much in Test, PERIOD. Its not about scoring runs alone, its about keeping wkt as there are about 6-7 guys out there just in catching position. I was about to end my day. But this comment made my day.. Yuv for SRT... well go for it..:hysterical: We will still support team India.