This is Sachin's Highest Score of 2006...

Re: This is Sachin's Highest Score of 2006...

The expectations were pitched according to his performances in the last 10 Tests. He is clearly back in form' date=' thus raising those expectations, and should have made the most of it. [/quote'] Then clearly the fault lies with people's expectations. Make up your mind. Do you think he is great? If you don't, then be happy with a 50/60. Do you think he is out of form and deserves to be booted? If you do, then be happy with the runs he's making. If you expect runs from him even though you consider Pathan to be the better bat and SRT to be weak minded, then the fault lies with your expectations.
It's not about my expectations, Gambo, or whether I am right or wrong, but really about what Sachin expects of himself. It's quite clear that he doesn't expect a lot any more, and therein lies the problem.

I think you're already on the right track' date=' now just praise the aloo mian's stellar performance and a freak year by moyo. If you wanna make sure then convert and go to the path of light and righteousness. :hic:[/quote'] I see nothing wrong with converting. If it helps me become a better human being and a better doctor, I certainly will.

I think you're already on the right track' date=' now just praise the aloo mian's stellar performance and a freak year by moyo. If you wanna make sure then convert and go to the path of light and righteousness. :hic:[/quote'] I see nothing wrong with converting. If it helps me become a better human being and a better doctor, I certainly will.
It should, after all it's the ONLY way

The expectations were pitched according to his performances in the last 10 Tests. He is clearly back in form' date=' thus raising those expectations, and should have made the most of it. [/quote'] Then clearly the fault lies with people's expectations. Make up your mind. Do you think he is great? If you don't, then be happy with a 50/60. Do you think he is out of form and deserves to be booted? If you do, then be happy with the runs he's making. If you expect runs from him even though you consider Pathan to be the better bat and SRT to be weak minded, then the fault lies with your expectations.
It's not about my expectations, Gambo, or whether I am right or wrong, but really about what Sachin expects of himself. It's quite clear that he doesn't expect a lot any more, and therein lies the problem.
How do you know he doesn't expect more? Was he jumping up and down when he reached his fifty? He fought when Dravid got out and really wanted to be there and perform. This was evidenced from the battle of attrition he had with Polly. He did not get suckered into playing Polly's lollies but he did put the bad balls away.

He actually batted well and was our top scorer yet is still getting hammered. I don't think you are being fair or objective dhondhy.
as boss pointed out.. amount of media and write ups SRT generates indicates his greatness.. :hmph:

Re: This is Sachin's Highest Score of 2006... Dhondy You didnt answer my question: What are YOUR expectations every time SRT goes out to bat? I would prefer a number. It is numbers that matter at the end of the day. And, what is your defence of the 6 other clear brainfarts (Sehwag, Ganguly, Kumble, Sreesanth, Zaheer, VRV Singh)? Let us use the same brush to tarnish everyone with.

Dhondy You didnt answer my question: What are YOUR expectations every time SRT goes out to bat? I would prefer a number. It is numbers that matter at the end of the day. And, what is your defence of the 6 other clear brainfarts (Sehwag, Ganguly, Kumble, Sreesanth, Zaheer, VRV Singh)? Let us use the same brush to tarnish everyone with.
Can't put a number for all his innings. Depends on his form. If he is in great form, as he was today, I expect a 150, but will settle for a 100. If he is in poor form, I'd want him to fight on and get a 50.