Its the decision to bowl first...

Ram

I am convinced this is the root of all evil.
Yes. I had written this on some other thread and I'll write it here too: This decision was wrong. The white kookaburra ball won't swing as much as the red duke ball and Rahul knew that well. Another consideration was that it was extremely chilly yesterday. If it was so freezing in the afternoon, it'd have been almost impossible for Indian fielders to field and spinners to grip the ball at night. Rahul knew the risk of batting second under, not so good light at Rose Bowl. Yet, he trusted his batting. It is just that his gamble did not work!
Tell that to all the people here ! :dance: P.S - I dont know why i put that smiley.
What happened to the nirvana? Chandan and Sriram may want to re-read sriram's post abt our pathetic performance in Away series (odis) and stop saying "after one odi performance". It is not "one" perf...it is a series of ones. (pls. excl inconsequential Bangladesh series)
Why? And I do not change my mind based on just one match, that too an ODI!!!
I understand you are one of the rarest breed of supporters unlike a lot of us good for nothing "fans", but I was referring to the sad smiley not being appropriate when all you missed was some poor performance by the Indian team. Of course if you rather not miss a poor performance by the team, being the loyal supporter of the team and all, I can understand that as well.
What happened to the nirvana? Chandan and Sriram may want to re-read sriram's post abt our pathetic performance in Away series (odis) and stop saying "after one odi performance". It is not "one" perf...it is a series of ones. (pls. excl inconsequential Bangladesh series)
How many ODIs have we lost this year? And ODIs and T20s are the kind when any team with a little luck can win. NZ had routed Australia earlier this year . Does that mean that NZ is better than Australia? Please be rational. I hope you know that we are not the best in any form of cricket. So why such hue and cry after just one loss in the series?
Need not restrict to 'this year'...take WI series or Champions trophy and follow the ODI path of India in away matches. I think Sriram has done the Away series calc already.
Why should we go that far behind? 8 months of this year are enough! And Home or away match retains its importance only for tests where player's adaptability is tested. ODIs are almost the same round the world!
Why should we go that far behind? 8 months of this year are enough! And Home or away match retains its importance only for tests where player's adaptability is tested. ODIs are almost the same round the world!
Please tell that to our poor cricketers who mess up in Away ODIs :-)
And they won the Champions trophy at home' date=' didn't they?[/quote'] Look, if you think that we are a team on a reasonable upward curve, then by all means believe so. IMO, this team is not progressing at all. My expectation is much better consistency and not random highs. (in ODIs)

Chandan, you might want to read this,

Ok , I agree with you . Since Aug 2005 , India has played 26 matches in India/Pakistan/Bangladesh. Out of them , we have have won a staggering 18 matches, a 70% success rate. In the same period , we played 16 matches outside the subcontinent . In that we won just 4 and lost 12, A shameful 25% success rate. And i guess i was a wrong when i said the chappell factor could have contributed to some of bad performances. In Aug to Dec of 2006 , we played and lost badly in S.A , malaysia and Champions trophy but recovered at home against SL and WI in Jan to march of 2007 , when Chappell was still there. Our team , it seems , is indeed comfortable playing only at home.

F'leg , Accepted that our team fails to inspire confidence sometimes. But , sometimes , it is easy to be the voice of doom and gloom , to castigate people left and right. It takes a lot of faith to stand by your team when things go wrong. That is what we try to do , and i dont see anything wrong in that. And after all , this is just a game. Nothing more , nothing less.