Shouldn't Dhoni also resign as test captain ?

:ohmy: Again you are suggesting A! Can you explain in lucid terminology How Dhoni can help the batsmen bat better? This has no relation to winning or losing. I can ask for a captain to quit even if the team is winning. And finally, Dravid id NOT resign after WC 2007. I don't know which game you watch. :headshake: In addition, Strauss resigned citing his personal loss of form and he did not just resign from captaincy but all forms of professional cricket. In addition, he also had someone like Cook who was matured. India does not have one. Captaincy works for captaincy which is strategy, field placements, team composition etc. Do not attribute Laxman unable to play the swinging ball to Dhoni and suggest he should have helped Laxman perform better. That is quite right stupid to be honest. Also, stop asking questions like "What is a captain's job?".
I already listed them.creating a good atmosphere,batting order changes,dropping non-performers for others etc.dont tell me captain has no control over his team's performances.Fleming for example did well with his team which didnt have greats. he couldnt hv helped Laxman to play better,but dropped him.did he do that,no.wat explains bowlers failures,giving 700 on the same pitch wen opposition bowlers conceded 200,n in case of Australia,a team that was bowled out for 47,n lost to NZ. I know Dravid did not resign immediately after WC,but he had offered to,it was only after BCCI pressure that he captained in England.
Dhoni was performing better than Yuvraj. Yuvraj was not permanent in test team and Dhoni was and he was given captaincy because he was eventually be made test captain that is why Yuvraj was not the option.
Dhoni was selected for t20 world cup,we won it and he rose .it was entirely possible if he failed he would have thrown out.Nobody expected dhoni to be captain .
Dhoni was selected for t20 world cup' date='we won it and he rose .it was entirely possible if he failed he would have thrown out.Nobody expected dhoni to be captain .[/quote'] There were stories doing rounds then that Sachin suggested his name to Sharad Pawar. And Greg Chappel also had nice words to say about Dhoni. He said that he was the mbridge b/w seniors and juniors and showed excellent communication skills and leadership abilities then.
I already listed them.creating a good atmosphere,batting order changes,dropping non-performers for others etc.dont tell me captain has no control over his team's performances.Fleming for example did well with his team which didnt have greats. he couldnt hv helped Laxman to play better,but dropped him.did he do that,no.wat explains bowlers failures,giving 700 on the same pitch wen opposition bowlers conceded 200,n in case of Australia,a team that was bowled out for 47,n lost to NZ. I know Dravid did not resign immediately after WC,but he had offered to,it was only after BCCI pressure that he captained in England.
So here are some points you put forth [1] Creating good atmosphere - You and I can not decide [2] Batting Order Changes - Wait what? I mean tell me which batting order changes would you have made! I mean pretty much everyone playing like idiots and you talk about having 1 idiot before the other one. Makes no sense. :blink: [3] Dropping non-performers - I hope you understand that Dhoni is not the only one who selects players. It is a team management decision - yes Dhoni is a part of and if what in Australia CB series was true he is favor of dropping but others are not. Think about it BCCI pressure on Dravid is another conspiracy theory and instead of accepting you made a mistake (or forgot) you are still defending yourself. Own up man! Have you been a leader or a captain of any team? Just asking.
Kar diya na Q-tiyaapa! :giggle: When I bring in the TINA factor for Dhoni it is stupid but you can bring it for Kohli. Sure, he looks good but not on based on his ODI record (that is irrelevant for Tests). If you keep bringing that in, I will use Dhoni's ODI record too then. Be careful on the lines that you thread and be consistent. This is a classical misconception in leadership theory. A leader's job is the maximize the output of the sum of the parts, a leader can not directly change the contribution by the sum of the parts. Dhoni can not score runs for Laxman, Tendulkar, Sehwag etc. They have to score them and then Dhoni's job is to as maximum utilize it in an effective manner. Your theory has a flaw here - [A] you seem to suggest that a captain can make people bat better, You seem to suggest that a captain can magically change fortunes even after his team not performing well. A is self explanatory but wrt B you are effectively telling me that one can win Test matches against quality opposition sides by not scoring 300 runs and/or not taking 20 wickets.
Theories do not work in sports,Captain in cricket is the most important person if he becomes biased and is not able to control dressing room ,he loses respect.Moreever he takes the accolades for victory and brick bats for defeat.
There were stories doing rounds then that Sachin suggested his name to Sharad Pawar. And Greg Chappel also had nice words to say about Dhoni. He said that he was the mbridge b/w seniors and juniors and showed excellent communication skills and leadership abilities then.
Dhoni it seems was a quick learner. During the Zimbabwe your, when Greg Chappell's assistant (I don't remember the name) was asked who is the player who had the most bright future - he named MS Dhoni.
So here are some points you put forth [1] Creating good atmosphere - You and I can not decide [2] Batting Order Changes - Wait what? I mean tell me which batting order changes would you have made! I mean pretty much everyone playing like idiots and you talk about having 1 idiot before the other one. Makes no sense. :blink: [3] Dropping non-performers - I hope you understand that Dhoni is not the only one who selects players. It is a team management decision - yes Dhoni is a part of and if what in Australia CB series was true he is favor of dropping but others are not. Think about it BCCI pressure on Dravid is another conspiracy theory and instead of accepting you made a mistake (or forgot) you are still defending yourself. Own up man! Have you been a leader or a captain of any team? Just asking.
You don't get it Dexter. Being the leader, he should have come in as an opener.
There were stories doing rounds then that Sachin suggested his name to Sharad Pawar. And Greg Chappel also had nice words to say about Dhoni. He said that he was the mbridge b/w seniors and juniors and showed excellent communication skills and leadership abilities then.
I know the stories,but in india if we failed in t20 wc he would have been sacked.
Theories do not work in sports' date='Captain in cricket is the most important person if he becomes biased and is not able to control dressing room ,he loses respect.Moreever he takes the accolades for victory and brick bats for defeat.[/quote'] Abey dhakkan! It is not a theory it is a fallacy, a misconception which people sitting behind computer screens have. The reasons given for dropping Dhoni is absurd. Such as Laxman not playing well, Tendulkar not playing well ... What has he got to do with Dhoni? MS Dhoni does not take the complete accolades for victory but some part of it. Here is how I will settle the argument - Tendulkar says Dhoni is the best captain he has played with. Now, you are attributing failures of other people to Dhoni and not having faith in Tendulkar's judgment. PS - Please use capital letters and punctuation marks at proper places. They are as much out of sync as your arguments.
1.Yes we know how good team atmosphere is when we have players speaking diff things to press like shewag in cb series. 3.Captain has the final say,there was no need to play p.k in so many odis when he is the worst odi bowler,less said about jaddu,chawla,rp singh the better.
Abey dhakkan! It is not a theory it is a fallacy, a misconception which people sitting behind computer screens have. The reasons given for dropping Dhoni is absurd. Such as Laxman not playing well, Tendulkar not playing well ... What has he got to do with Dhoni? MS Dhoni does not take the complete accolades for victory but some part of it. Here is how I will settle the argument - Tendulkar says Dhoni is the best captain he has played with. Now, you are attributing failures of other people to Dhoni and not having faith in Tendulkar's judgment. PS - Please use capital letters and punctuation marks at proper places. They are as much out of sync as your arguments.
Idiot if you had played cricket you would know what i was saying,everybody knows captain does not bat for others.but in team sports he takes responsibilty.Regarding my grammer stfu.
1.Yes we know how good team atmosphere is when we have players speaking diff things to press like shewag in cb series. 3.Captain has the final say,there was no need to play p.k in so many odis when he is the worst odi bowler,less said about jaddu,chawla,rp singh the better.
Now, I will expose your contradictory Q-tiyapa once again 1. Sehwag complained why? Because he was dropped. On one side you want non-performers to be dropped and when these non-performers whine you say it is the problem with the captain :facepalm: 3. This is not Imran Khan's XI. The captain does not have the final say but is a team management decision. And if experts at ICF have to believed Dinda will be the next great ATG :giggle:
Now, I will expose your contradictory Q-tiyapa once again 1. Sehwag complained why? Because he was dropped. On one side you want non-performers to be dropped and when these non-performers whine you say it is the problem with the captain :facepalm: 3. This is not Imran Khan's XI. The captain does not have the final say but is a team management decision. And if experts at ICF have to believed Dinda will be the next great ATG :giggle:
1.I cannot believe i am taking time to reply through onscreen keyboard to such stupid points,if you tell seniors they are rested to give chance to youngsters and then go and tell media it is due to slowness of seniors.what do you expect. 3.If captain does not take final decison then there is no point in holding on.
I know the stories' date='but in india if we failed in t20 wc he would have been sacked.[/quote'] I don't know how that works now. I think MSD was being groomed for the role of captaincy. I think he was the Vice captain in the 2007 ODI series in England. Then once he became the full-fledged captain in ODIs, he was also made the vice-captain under Kumble,after whose retirement, he eventually took over.
1.I cannot believe i am taking time to reply through onscreen keyboard to such stupid points,if you tell seniors they are rested to give chance to youngsters and then go and tell media it is due to slowness of seniors.what do you expect. 3.If captain does not take final decison then there is no point in holding on.
Do not worry you spend so much time playing with girls at least discussing with real men will correct your mind as well as your non-existent grammar. :giggle: And now, we know that you hate Dhoni. If you drop, "Why do you drop?" and if you do not drop "Y u no drop?" Typical troll!
More than you did with yours:giggle:
Yes - because I don't play with girls unlike you and say "Have you played cricket" :aggressive:

Dhoni was the wicket keeper and captain. At the very minimum, he could have stepped up a couple of paces while keeping, so that edges carry to the slips. The entire commentary team was baffled about why he was not doing it in England and if edges are falling short in Australia then there is something seriously wrong with the field setting. I don't see how batsmen, bowlers, fielders, team management, or Obama can share responsibility on that.

Dhoni was the wicket keeper and captain. At the very minimum, he could have stepped up a couple of paces while keeping, so that edges carry to the slips. The entire commentary team was baffled about why he was not doing it in England and if edges are falling short in Australia then there is something seriously wrong with the field setting. I don't see how batsmen, bowlers, fielders, team management, or Obama can share responsibility on that.
:hysterical::hysterical:
+1 Now this seems to be a very valid reason and that Dhoni's keeping was not up to the mark. You can add field placements too.