India outplayed by england.

Ram

So what you are suggesting is ' date=' lets play without all the big guns for a year and see what happens ?[/quote'] 1. Either big guns prove their worth in Eng and earn a longer rope OR 2. If they fail, Big guns should be kicked out mercilessly after Eng, and one-two years for rookies as testing even if they fail in one, two, three series.
How about if i find stats for India's performance in ODIs in subcontinental and non-subcontinental conditions for the last 24 months ? Is the time frame ok for you ?
What are you playing at. I gave you the records already; in WI - lost 4-1 in Malaysia - won 1 match vs WI, lost twice to them and lost every match to AUS in SA - lost 4-0 in the WC - lost to Banglastan and SL This team is unbeatable at home, and down-right sh*t outside the subcontinent.
What are you playing at. I gave you the records already; in WI - lost 4-1 in Malaysia - won 1 match vs WI, lost twice to them and lost every match to AUS in SA - lost 4-0 in the WC - lost to Banglastan and SL This team is unbeatable at home, and down-right sh*t outside the subcontinent.
Ok , I agree with you . Since Aug 2005 , India has played 26 matches in India/Pakistan/Bangladesh. Out of them , we have have won a staggering 18 matches, a 70% success rate. In the same period , we played 16 matches outside the subcontinent . In that we won just 4 and lost 12, A shameful 25% success rate. And i guess i was a wrong when i said the chappell factor could have contributed to some of bad performances. In Aug to Dec of 2006 , we played and lost badly in S.A , malaysia and Champions trophy but recovered at home against SL and WI in Jan to march of 2007 , when Chappell was still there. Our team , it seems , is indeed comfortable playing only at home.
Ok , I agree with you . Since Aug 2005 , India has played 26 matches in India/Pakistan/Bangladesh. Out of them , we have have won a staggering 18 matches, a 70% success rate. In the same period , we played 16 matches outside the subcontinent . In that we won just 4 and lost 12, A shameful 25% success rate. And i guess i was a wrong when i said the chappell factor could have contributed to some of bad performances. In Aug to Dec of 2006 , we played and lost badly in S.A , malaysia and Champions trophy but recovered at home against SL and WI in Jan to march of 2007 , when Chappell was still there. Our team , it seems , is indeed comfortable playing only at home.
You have achieved nirvana. Bless you :angel_smile:
I agree I'm speaking a bit too soon here but as I have often said you cannot count India as one of the better ODI teams for several reasons. 1. Opening : Most often you will see the openers settling down for a long inning which isn't wrong but if the top 4 is going to anchor how the heck is the team going to use the power play? You need at least one explosive opener if not two that plays with gay abandon. Unfortunately I don't see that happening. 2. Middle order : Yuvraj comes at no.5, Dhoni at no.6 and Karthik at no.7 That is a flawed plot. You don't want the likes of Dhoni to be picking up single in the middle overs. We all know Dhoni is very effective either during the power plays or towards the end of the inning. Why can't Indian think tank even see that? 3. Karthik is better off at the top of the inning as he is capable of picking singles and also is capable of going over the top. Now unlike Dhoni he isn't the one to score in sixes. Now what is the point in having Karthik bat at no.7? Definitely he isn't as capable as Dhoni when it comes to scoring quick runs. 4. Far too many anchors in the team and not enough explosive batters either in the top or lower middle order. Unless they tinker the batting order India will often lose in ODIs. 5. Less said about the fielding the better. It is not the bowling that has caused grief in ODIs but the batting. The team is either unable to put enough runs or is unable to chase big totals. I don't reckon there is a fix for it for now considering the team make up. I hope the results in the next 6 ODIs change but I can't see that happening.
Who would Kartik replace at the top? I would play the following batting order 1- SRT 2- Sourav 3- Dhoni 4- Yuvraj 5- Dravid 6- Kartik 7- Pathan
Nirvana through accepting India is a bad team ? I would rather not have that Nirvana then. :D
Well, truth is we have miles to go in ODIs, and we need to form the right team members. Mahas probably wont cut it, unless they dramatically prove otherwise in the next 6 ODIs.

Agree with Finey, India has to work a lot in ODIs to get anywhere near the top. If no favorable result is achieved in the rest of the ODIs and if the contribution to wins are coming from the likes of Yuvi, Karthik, Dhoni, Uthappa it will indeed be time for the seniors to do a reality check. I would rather like to see a young team with a young captain in ODIs. Recognize 15-20 good ODI players and back them to come good for couple of years. At least 12 will end up playing good cricket out of the 20.