A media siege for Ganguly

King

Ganguly once again experienced the full force of the TV brigade when he agreed to speak to one of the channels, just after the practice session. More... A media siege for Ganguly TNN / Bobilli Vijay Kumar BRISTOL, August 23: Sourav Ganguly once again experienced the full force of the TV brigade here on Thursday afternoon. He agreed to speak to one of the channels, just after the practice session at the county ground; he made the mistake of talking to another one at the same place. Within no time, he was swarmed by the rest of channels, each armed with a camera, microphone and a set of same questions. Some wanted it in English, some in Hindi and some others in Bangla. A few wanted in both the languages. Ganguly parried, tried to make his way out, saying the team bus would leave. But there was just no escape. He suggested doing the exclusives together; when the intrepid reporters refused, he offered to do one each in English and Hindi. Even that was refused. Everybody wanted an interview. Ganguly couldn't stop himself from laughing as the channels lined up one after the other; poor thing, just doesn't know how to say no. Once he had done a handful, he understood the plight of the others and declared: "Just be ready I will do one quickly for all of you." Questions came at a rapid rate from everyone. The common ones: "You had a good look at the pitch. What do you think of it?" "It looks like a good pitch. Loads of runs. It's a small ground and it is sunny so it will be a high-scoring match." "You got run out in the last match. What happened?" "I was just watching the ball. Sometimes you get bowled; some times you get caught. This time I got run out. That's all." "The Indian bowling looked very bad in the first game. It gave away close to 300 in the Northampton game too." "Yes, they did. But don't forget they won us the Tests series too. So I am not too worried about that." "Has the momentum shifted to England?" "Not really. We lost just one match. I am sure we will bounce back." "You have always seen England as a second home. What do you like about it? How have you been spending your time here?" Ganguly replied: "It's a lovely country to play cricket. You don't have too many flights to make. I have some lovely memories too: my first Test century; winning the NatWest as captain and the victory in the Test series too." Ganguly answered every question politely, without going on the back foot to any one. Here are few exclusive quotes: "The Indian team is without a coach?" "No, it is not without a coach. We have Prasad, Robin and Borde sir." "Don't you think we need a full-time coach?" "I don't know about the others but I am happy with this arrangement." "Some players from Bengal have joined ICL. Your take?" "It's a personal decision. I can't say about their choices."

"You got run out in the last match. What happened?" "I was just watching the ball. Sometimes you get bowled; some times you get caught. This time I got run out. That's all." :rolleyes:
"Sometimes you get bowled; some times you get caught. This time I got run out" Like Azza saying, "You got to bat bowl, bowl well and field well"

Quote qs.gif "Don't you think we need a full-time coach?" "I don't know about the others but I am happy with this arrangement." qe.gif Ofcourse he is happy with the arrangement. No one to question him? No one to make him practice. No one to question his fitness. Apun ka team ... apun ka raaj.