Will England qualify for Euro 2008 ?

Predator_05

Will England qualify for Euro 2008 ?  

1. 1.

• Yeah, of course they will !
    • No way Jose
    • I don't give a damn because i'd rather watch a sport named after some stupid stick insect

Their remaining fixtures are as follows; Israel (h) 8/9/07 Russia (h) 12/9/07 Estonia ((h) 13/10/07 Russia (a) 17/10/07 Croatia (h) 21/11/07 4 matches at home and 1 away. The standings as of today are; englandjm2.jpg For a bit of context, bear in mind that Russia are managed by Guus Hiddink (he coached Holland and South Korea to World Cup semifinals) and have a very good team at the moment. Croatia are tricky opposition and they previously beat England 1-0 at home (courtesy of a f*ck-up by Paul Robinson). With the team playing like sh*t at the moment (they lost again yesterday, 1-2 to Germany) do you think they will be able to make it ?

i don't know how the heck english team manages to lose every next game.. well anywayz, they will make it this time..
Are you sure ? They are really, really bad...:kittykay: You should have seen them play vs Germany yesterday. Owen missed an open goal, Robinson f*cked up again to give them the equaliser and then got beat by a shot from around 25 metres out. Germany won the last game at the old Wembley (in 2000) and now they won the first game at the new Wembley. How nice

well agreee predz, they are seriouzly playing some shyt soccer.. well thatz not new.... whenever they playf for the country, they have been disgraceful most of the time.. country hasn't won the world cup since ages.... this team is so inconsistent.. infact pathetic..

You know things are bad when EMILE HESKEY gets recalled to the England squad !

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/03092007/58/euro-2008-heskey-earns-england-recall.html Wigan striker Emile Heskey has been recalled to the England squad for the Euro 2008 qualifiers against Israel and Russia. The 29-year-old has not featured for his country since Euro 2004 and recently admitted his international career was as good as over. But injury and disciplinary problems have forced coach Steve McClaren to recall the burly striker, who could be in line to add to the 43 caps he has already won. Wayne Rooney is out of the two crunch games with a broken foot while Peter Crouch is suspended for the clash with Israel on Saturday. McClaren was at St James Park to watch Heskey in action against Newcastle this weekend and was suitably impressed by the forward's display. "I think he deserves to be recalled. We need his experience at this time," McClaren told the FA's website. "Emile is a player with a lot international experience and has played many times with Michael Owen in the past. "He's been in good form for Wigan this season, he played very well against Sunderland and I saw him play well against Newcastle. "While he has been out of the squad for a few years, I've spoken with [Wigan boss] Chris Hutchings who has been hugely impressed with him." Heskey will now compete with Alan Smith, Michael Owen and Andrew Johnson for a place in McClaren's starting line-up as England look to get their qualifying campaign back on track with the Wembley double header. Meanwhile, Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp said recalled central defender Sol Campbell was unfit. Campbell looks set to join McClaren's growing list of injured and unavailable players, which also prompted the England coach to call up Wigan Athletic striker Emile Heskey on Sunday. Redknapp, whose side lost 3-1 at Arsenal without Campbell on Sunday, told BBC Radio Solent Sport: "Yes, of course (he is injured). He won't play for England. No way. He can't play for England. No chance."

OK, so England lost today :hysterical: 2-1 to Russia. I watched the second half, and i must say - without being biased - that Russia ran England ragged. Of course, the penalty decision was harsh as Rooney had fouled the Ruskie outside the penalty box, but from the angle the ref must have viewed it - it would have made sense to make that call. Shocking defending for the 2nd goal, but Russia deserved this result. So with one match left now - as it stands; England are 2nd with 23 pts from 11 matches, Croatia top with 26 from 10 and Russia 21 from 10 trailing in 3rd. Some interesting permutations; England MUST beat Croatia (no matter what) and PRAY that Russia lose points in Tel Aviv when they play Israel on the 17th. Russia have a guaranteed win vs Andorra as their final fixture. Just in case the above scenario re; Israel vs Russia doesn't happen they should also PRAY that Croatia fails to get a result when they play Macedonia away - which is quite possible. So it's not over yet for Ingerlund, but the odds on them qualifying are very slim.

ztixcy.png 17/11/07 F.Y.R. Macedonia vs Croatia Israel vs Russia 21/11/07 England vs Croatia Andorra vs Russia cant see ingurland qualify .. croatia are the table toppers , england still have the toughest fixture left .. croatia will beat Macedonia and russia will beat andorra ..russia , israel will be important .. wont matter really , because croatia wont lose to england

After dominating for most part of an hour.....England lost against Russia....and shot themselves in the foot. Now they need a big favour from Israel and a super performance against Croatia ...Qualification looks very bleak....McLaren very uninspirational coach ( Only one good move was to bring back Heskey)