Wessels may coach Team India

Rajiv

NDTV Correspondent Thursday, August 23, 2007 (New Delhi) He's one of the few people who has played cricket for two countries, but now Kepler Wessels could add a more interesting suffix to his name -that of India coach. It's still early days but sources suggest that Wessels is emerging as a serious contendor as a replacement for Greg Chappell who quit after the World Cup. The BCCI is said to be impressed with his credentials. He is a former South Africa captain who coached English county side Northamptonshire for about three years. Interestingly ganguly is well aquainted with the 50-year-old since the former India captain played under him last season. Wessels has made it quite clear earlier this year that he's looking at returning to top flight coaching and had a one off as coach of south africa's emerging team in a tournament in Austra

There was also another candidate who comes from a county side. i believe it is the same one that zaheer went to last year. I also remember a article mentioning some other candidate for the job. A county coach called tim boon.
Tim Boon didn't say he wanted to be the Indian coach. Actually he was looking to score over media after reeling from the news of having been axed from England's assistant coach!!

I believe we need a gora coach. Indians just dont listen to other indians. SRT and Ganguly can easily waive how many runs have you scored. Before the goras (wright) our working routine used to be ... well we all know about it. We have seen how even a great fielder like Robin singh has not made even a slight bit of impression on our catching or fielding. We need a gora .. who can drill them into shape

I said it a while ago, a coach can help in strategy only, on-field performance will be the same. We are somehow made to believe that a coach ( especially foreign will magically make Sachin come back into his old form, ganguly will run like a cheetah and our fielding will skyrocket What we need is a serious fielding coach, someone who is strict and makes players run around the ground. A GOOD bowling coach too, who tracks each and every ball, makes sure the bowlers bowl to a plan A good selection ( non-biased ) committee who gives chances to new players, I mean we have to take risks here..once the big boys are gone we are in for a long drought

jhn wright was brilliant.. but i dont think hes coming back.. but i hope we getan inspirational figurewho is passionate for the game and egg the players on.. steve waugh or imraan khaan would do just fine:dance:
ur joking.. aint u?
Whats wrong in that? Imraan was a great leader, infact he will be a great motivator. We tried our own Kapil but it never worked
Whats wrong in that? Imraan was a great leader, infact he will be a great motivator. We tried our own Kapil but it never worked
great leader or great player doesnt necessarily make a great coach..we have seen the cases.. moreover nobody has seen how imrankahn willl b as a coach.. if u want a motivator then go for a motivator..i dont think imrann khan can motivate paki players now let alone indian team..
I said it a while ago, a coach can help in strategy only, on-field performance will be the same. We are somehow made to believe that a coach ( especially foreign will magically make Sachin come back into his old form, ganguly will run like a cheetah and our fielding will skyrocket What we need is a serious fielding coach, someone who is strict and makes players run around the ground. A GOOD bowling coach too, who tracks each and every ball, makes sure the bowlers bowl to a plan A good selection ( non-biased ) committee who gives chances to new players, I mean we have to take risks here..once the big boys are gone we are in for a long drought
Thats true.. but a good coach to keep the team focused would do no harm.. And I loved the ganguly running like cheetah part.. Even if u employ Maurice Green as the Fielding coach it won't happen:hysterical::hysterical: And i seem to like ur posts a bii more these days rajeev.. maybe its the new avtar