Why does Dravid choose to chase...

The first thing on a morning of a game Rahul pulls a decision out of the hat I suppose i.e bat or bowl. He continues to win tosses but continues to blunder with the decision to bowl. I guess the team management has a toss and decide whether to bowl or bat. I can't quite understand why on a good batting strip and with two spinners in the side he continues to bowl first. Clearly the spinners are better off using the conditions bowling second. Either they don't care or lack confidence batting under overcast conditions. I'm tired of seeing him once every two games he opts to bowl irrespective of the conditions and the team make up. This game was still in the bag though. 280 on this pitch was quite chasable but the go slow approach in the power play and bad fielding cost India the game.
Ravi, There was cloud-cover through the day almost. There was no dampness on the pitch when Ravi Shastri did the pitch report and everyone was of the opinion that it was a "win toss and bat first" pitch. Then just tell me why would the captain take risk and put just the six batsmen in the side under pressure while chasing? Especially when he knew that the bowlers were extremely incompetent and fielding just disgraceful?? Why on earth would you bowl first? No team has EVER chased 280 runs down in 50 overs at this ground. So certainly chasing is not that easy as we witnessed while batting.