Does the Rock really think?

Everytime India either lost or drew a match, we said that either of the departments failed to perform. But, in the recent past, we have been talking more about bad decisions being made by captain-ROCK. I have never admired the captaincy of Dravid. Is the 20-20 cup the beginning of the hunt for a new captain? I hope it is.

Please help me understand the following: 1. The fact that SRT, Dhoni, Karthick failed to turn up was RD's fault? 2. The fact the Munaf sleep walked through the game was RD's fault? 3. the fact that SRT and SG refused to play for singles when the pressure was building up was RD's fault? 4. Finally, the fact that we drop catches and misfield as if its not a ball but a time bomb is RD's fault too? The above four, in my opinion are the reasons of our defeat.

am sorry if i sounded offending. but, i never blamed RD for all the defeats. but, am talking about those matches which we lost just because of poor decision making. the last test match of the recent series only one such instance. with a healthy lead of over 300 and two days still to go in a test match, i dont think any other captain wud even think about batting again. and am not here to criticise anyone. i just wanted a clean and healthy debate. NO OFFENSE!!!

am sorry if i sounded offending. but' date=' i never blamed RD for all the defeats. but, am talking about those matches which we lost just because of poor decision making. the last test match of the recent series only one such instance. with a healthy lead of over 300 and two days still to go in a test match, [b']i dont think any other captain wud even think about batting again. and am not here to criticise anyone. i just wanted a clean and healthy debate. NO OFFENSE!!!
I think you are very wrong there and there have been many threads discussing this very point. I guarantee if the ashes were on the line both skippers would bat again
Everytime India either lost or drew a match, we said that either of the departments failed to perform. But, in the recent past, we have been talking more about bad decisions being made by captain-ROCK. I have never admired the captaincy of Dravid. Is the 20-20 cup the beginning of the hunt for a new captain? I hope it is.
welcome to the club.:dance:

Alright! what according to you is one quality our team is missing. Now am not talking about the entire team. I think most of our players do not have that aggression in them. Am happy to see Sreesanth and Munaf showing some aggression in the recent matches. What do you think brother?

Not a bad idea to groom another captain and in the ODI format. That is the best way ahead. Rahul should continue to captain in test cricket meanwhile he should make way for a younger captain that can be groomed for future. Lack of planning is the second name of Indian cricket and going by that it won't happen.

Cric4life: Nothing personal on this board, so relax. You had rasied the point saying that India lost the match due to the wrong decision taken by RD. I asked you a few questions, which in my opinion were the real resons for our defeat. The pitch for yesterday's game did not play differently in the morning or evening sessions, it stayed true. Now if you look at the historical stats, teams batting first and second have more or less an equal chance to win an ODI game. Also, our bowlers nearly lost the second game even though we had a mountain to defend, dont you think RD chose to bowl first since he did not have enough confidence in the form of our bowlers?

am sorry if i sounded offending. but, i never blamed RD for all the defeats. but, am talking about those matches which we lost just because of poor decision making. the last test match of the recent series only one such instance. with a healthy lead of over 300 and two days still to go in a test match, i dont think any other captain wud even think about batting again. and am not here to criticise anyone. i just wanted a clean and healthy debate. NO OFFENSE!!!
Hello Cric4life, Welcome to this forum! As for Dravid's decision, I do not think it was the sole culprit for us losing the match. It doesn't matter whether you bowl first or bat first, if you'll field and bowl the way India did at Edgebeston, you'll NEVER win!!!
Guest dada_rocks

I also feel there is a deliberate method to screw Dhoni's batting position and thereby create confusion in his mind and result is there for everyone to see. Somebody is giving him wrong advice.. he was better off going bang bang after initial 10-15 balls but these days he tries to be grafter which is not his wont.