Indian no. 1

kabira

batsman and MVP is yuvraj singh at the moment. The guy is true all rounder we have..he can field well, save 10 runs, can bowl a bit...Indian batting should revolve around here. He should get enough number of balls to face. Ideally he used come at 3. But team management should ask him where he is most comfortable and where he wants to bat.. He has been key to our successful chases. Take any chase last year he was there. The guy has become dependable after being really inconsistent. Our best batter in WC. Dravid needs to give him greater responsibility. He should become VC immediately.

He wont last more than 30-40 runs at no.3 Yuvraj is NOT a no.3 batsman. Power players dont come at no.3
His last three innings batting at No 3 are 107* not out 5th ODI v Pak in Pak 2005/06 at Karachi [2333] 63* not out 7th ODI v Eng in Ind 2005/06 at Indore [2362] 49 NW Series 2 v Eng in Eng 2007 at Bristol (d/n)[2613] In fact he averages 44.83 batting at No 3. Plus the fact that he plays pace better than spin. He would make ideal No 3 in my opinion,
His last three innings batting at No 3 are 107* not out 5th ODI v Pak in Pak 2005/06 at Karachi [2333] 63* not out 7th ODI v Eng in Ind 2005/06 at Indore [2362] 49 NW Series 2 v Eng in Eng 2007 at Bristol (d/n)[2613] In fact he averages 44.83 batting at No 3. Plus the fact that he plays pace better than spin. He would make ideal No 3 in my opinion,
cant go by avg. man.. otherwise dhoni does the best at that position i think karthik should be @ 3
KR , for all his one day prowess will do well at any position. But we have to see where his skills are utilized best. No.5 is best for him KR . That guy is one hell of a power hitter we need in the lower middle order simply because one day matches are predominantly decided in the first 15 overs and the last 10. Sending Yuvraj at no.3 means we are risking not having our best player at any of these periods.

Here is my batting order.. SRT GG/Uthhapa/Sehwag Karthik Yuv Dravid Dhoni Pathan ZK Spinner Bowler Bowler If we somehow find better batsman in last 4 slot then we have all the reasons to play dravid at #5. He doesn't need to waste a ball to rotate the strike. While opposition is trying to plug the gapes, Dravid finds aplenty. So Yuv, Dravid, Dhoni will be finishers. As long as 1 of the first 3 stay long enough, we wont have a worry of poor SR. These guys are capable of scoring at 4.5 consistently against any team. Trouble is Uthhapa/GG have never cemented their place in the team.