TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!!

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!! Ravi, Jaffer is the key..He looked totally comfortable at the crease..even more than RD..and thats some achievement. He saved us a game in Nagpur...and also in Windies.. Believe it or not..he is the key....first 10 overs he should take maximum strike..

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!!

I think we have to move on Kabira, there are no ifs and buts. Tendulkar was due to score in the first inning and he did his job. No doubts at all he performed well from whatever form he could muster. Tomorrow is different though, none of the batters can sit pretty and say I have done good in the first inning or in the past. They all have to collectively work at getting the best out of each other. There is absoltuely no point digging the past and quoting the number of runs scored. Things are very simple for Tendulkar and India. If they score runs or draw the game they will be hailed naturally and if they don't then their first inning score or the number of runs they have scored in their career will not be considered. There is no second measure to it, they have to deliver :shrug: Harsh yes but there are no short cuts unfortunately.
i agree.... lets see how it goes.. the way he walked back in first inning showed that SRT is kicking himself for venturing that kinda shot.. he will be eager to deliever unfinished buisness..

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!!

Ravi, Jaffer is the key..He looked totally comfortable at the crease..even more than RD..and thats some achievement. He saved us a game in Nagpur...and also in Windies.. Believe it or not..he is the key....first 10 overs he should take maximum strike..
Agree with that despite not scoring big in the first essay he handled the bowlers really well. Got behind the ball mostly and dug out the short ones consistently. Jaffer along with Laxman is the best bat on show for India in this test match. Unfortunately he also lacks patience and concentration for long periods of time. Truly he has the ability to play a long inning. I guess the pitch is to his liking, not seaming much but good bounce. Jaffer looks top class off his back foot. Tendulkar will need to be shielded surely. Tendulkar can be very tentative and is highly vulnerable early on particularly in situation such as these. We can't blame the great man, everyone one in the world right now must be either hoping him to fail or succeed. Nowhere to hide for Tendulkar from the pressure. All it will take is one bad shot to see his world shattered and to arrive at a bad shot it will take less than a second. Man batting must be very hard at that level :eew:

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!! I will be getting up at 5.30AM Eastern time to have a look at the post lunch period. And I expect SR Tendulkar to be still there leading the Indian counter-attack. These are the situations that great batsmen revel in ! When the going gets tough, the greats gets tougher ! Let's see how Sachin Ramesh fare !! A fabulous overseas series versus a debilitating overseas loss rests on what happens to him tonight !! All India holds its breath !!!

use your brains Hey I dont know what your name is... but let me clarify some wordings you have used... ridiculous... stupid shot... for the first time when Sachin Tendulkar toured WestIndies... Against one of theworlds best bowling attacks (hoping you are KNOWLEDGEBLE enough to know who they are) when he tried to play the bouncer over the slips... Guys like you used the same words """ridiculous... stupid shot... """ Some how from the next time when he succesfully played and scored tons of runs they called it clever and genius... And now you should be knowing who all are playing that shots... (Lara, ponting for example) So Just mind your words when using against a player like him... And guys like you should think thrice not once before write some thing... And what is this ???? "finally take his place among the masters of batting under pressure - the Pontings, the Laras etc etc !! "" Sir... i dont want to call u names here... Where ever the word master is used it refers to Sachin... with out him the list is not complete. Let me clarify you on this... Pontings and Laras... Compare the winning percentages of their teams when they score with that of Sachins... Also see how many time they scores... Dont be afraid if you get your brains into your mouth when you know that... Few quotes from worlds best Wasin Akram: "Sachin has nothing to prove to anyone... people who critisize him are the ones who dont know world cricket" Brain Lara: "What Sachin has done is something great... i dont know any who has done that with so much pressure on them (I THINK YOU USED the word PRESSURE SOME WHERE) he is the most consistent batsman i ever know... may be more than me" Chappel: "The expectations on Sachin are way way way more than what bradman... No one can ever emulate Sachin ever"

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!! We may not like what the Black Prince is saying; but he's still correct. Tendulkar, batting records galore - has always struggled to impose himself in that all-too-important 4th innings of a test match. Whether this can be put down to his own batting ability or not is debatable, but there is no denying that this is one gaping hole in what looks to be a very impressive CV. A batting average of 35.55 in the 4th innings just doesn't do justice to his reputation as an all-time great. However, he isn't alone here. Even Brian Lara has faltered plenty of times in the same situation - his average in the 4th is a mere 35.12. Although he is regarded as a true matchwinner because his best 4th innings knock led WI to victory (ie; the 153*). Tendulkar's best knock ever is his 136 vs Pak (IMO) - scored in the 4th innings on a turning track against a damn good bowling attack but India still fell short and lost that match by 16 runs. No fault of his own; but the fact that his best effort couldn't see the team home and Lara's did, is the main reason why they are both looked at differently with regard to "batting under pressure". BTW, i don't see Tendulkar making any substantial contribution today either. He may score another 60/70 at best, but in order for a team to save a test; it has to be a collective effort from the whole batting lineup. In the event that Tendulkar plays a good innings but India still lose, he can't be singled out. In that case, he would have done his part. If India intend to draw this match it can't just be a one-man show - the likes of Laxman and Ganguy need to deliver as well. Inspiration for India; [code:7ee76e0c30] West Indies 2nd innings (target: 441 runs) R B 4 CH Gayle c Gibbs b Ntini 32 48 7 D Ganga c Boucher b Ntini 10 20 2 RR Sarwan c Gibbs b Ntini 69 169 7 *BC Lara c Boucher b Nel 86 138 14 WW Hinds b Pollock 25 68 4 DR Smith not out 105 105 15 +RD Jacobs not out 9 59 1 Extras (b 2, lb 7, w 2, nb 7) 18 Total (5 wickets, 100 overs, 422 mins) 354 [/code:1:7ee76e0c30]

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!! Just don't go by statistics Predator, you are much more knoweldgable than that. The 4th inning average don't really give you a good pitcture. The statistics will not tell ya how many pitches were absolutely impossible to bat on. I am sure you should already know batting on a 4th of 5th day in sub continent conditions are not easy. It also depends on what opponents each player has played against in the 2nd inning. Every knock is different and a player's ability cannot just be measured by few numbers. There is more to cricket than just filtered averages.

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!! Point taken Ravi, but an average of 35 isn't what you would expect from a batsman of Tendulkar's calibre. You are right about how difficult batting can be a 5th day wicket, but this is just an presumption which holds true for the many dime-a-dozen, international class batsmen. Sure, for the majority of 'em - batting on a 5th day wicket is next to impossible. But aren't the all-time greats - ie; the batsmen who we consider to be in a "class of their own" - the Tendulkars, the Laras et al - supposed to be the ones who are better equipped and technically adept to score on these pitches ? If they can't master the conditions and raise their level of play when the occasion demands it, then perhaps they aren't worthy of being held in such high regard after all ? I don't need stats to tell me that Tendulkar has always been reduced to a mere mortal on a 5th day wicket. His record speaks for itself, as do his performances. Today he is out for another duck...lasting just three balls before Ntini nailed him with one that nipped back in. He will never overcome this problem of his and it will definitely form a blot on his legacy.

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!! I have nothing to offer and if I do it will simply appear like an excuse for a non performance. Am I upset with Tendulkar's dismissal today? Honestly not. I don't consider him one of the those players that will always prevail when going is tough. Such tasks are for Rahul Dravid or Laxman. Apparently Rahul Dravid has an average of over 50 in the 2nd essay which augurs well for him. I generally expect Tendulkar to bat and bat well most of the times. Recently I have lowered my expectations and when he gets out it doesn't upset me. Yup I agree he may well not correct this statistics in future. Wonder what your expectations of Ganguly is?

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!! Went back to a ball he should have been playing forward to. If you can't deliver when your team needs you the most, when will you? That's what I meant by true greatness just eluding him. Don't get me wrong. He is probably one of the two most talented batsmen I have had the previlege to watch, but there's that indefinable quality- bulldog spirit under pressure, that's clearly missing from his psyche. Yes, he has played wonderfully well for India when the chips were down, a few times in his career, but he has failed far, far too often when the opportunity was just crying to be seized with both hands. In my book, he will go down as a great talent that was not quite married with the temparament it deserved.