TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!!

Under Pressure !!! When the Chips are Down !!! When the Game is on the Line !!! In the Decisive 4th Innings !!! When the Whole of India Depends on Him !!! And I don't mean a Wasim Jaffer or VVS 150 ball type 50 runs !!!! I am talkin bout a match winning or match savin 4th innings 100 from SR Tendulkar !! There has been massive criticism levelled against Sachin re his inability to do it for India when the going gets tough. Like his ridiculous attempted cut of a bouncing ball over his middle stump in the first inns !!! What a stupid shot from a great batsman..........it let the South Africans right back into the game !!! Now let's see if he can redeem himself............and finally take his place among the masters of batting under pressure - the Pontings, the Laras etc etc !! History......and all of India.... is looking on you, Sachin !!!

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!! Bats out the day, puts the SA attack to the sword, thus making it a lot easier for batsmen at the other end. Result - Match saved !! Cause if anything else happens and India go down, there is a 99.99% chance that SA will also win test 3. That's it ! Gotta go...........see y'all after the expect Sachin match-saving ton tomorrow. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!! Don't want to be saying this but tomorrow will be a tough day for Tendulkar. It is not like he is playing Sri Lanka and if he digs out or plays for most of the day (I won't worry about number of runs scored) then he has well and truly arrived yet again. I do not expect Tendulkar to do the job and quite rightly so. Jaffer, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Laxman, Dhoni and Kumble should do the job. There is going to be about 60-70 overs bowled and if Tendulkar suceeds playing say about 150 balls I will be happy with it. I'm not expecting miracles from Tendulkar considering he has had 1 fifty in the entire year and however great you simply can't pull out a 100 out of nowhere.

Re: TIME FOR SACHIN TO STEP UP !!!! I think we have to move on Kabira, there are no ifs and buts. Tendulkar was due to score in the first inning and he did his job. No doubts at all he performed well from whatever form he could muster. Tomorrow is different though, none of the batters can sit pretty and say I have done good in the first inning or in the past. They all have to collectively work at getting the best out of each other. There is absoltuely no point digging the past and quoting the number of runs scored. Things are very simple for Tendulkar and India. If they score runs or draw the game they will be hailed naturally and if they don't then their first inning score or the number of runs they have scored in their career will not be considered. There is no second measure to it, they have to deliver :shrug: Harsh yes but there are no short cuts unfortunately.