Delhi Gangrape | Four accused sentenced to death

Tiger80

I think desi has made some really good posts which cover the reasons behind these kind of things being more prevalent in Delhi. What's the solution? Unfortunately, the root causes for this will not be eliminated any time soon and might only grow with an increasing population of rich, uneducated people with jugaad. The solution lies in better implementation of the law and some changes in regulations. For starters, make it mandatory for each bus to have a security guard in it. It is not going to eliminate this particular incident where the bus staff was complicit and responsible, but it is going to cut down many incidents. Women should be encouraged to carry pepper spray. The judicial system in India and specially North India is so defunct that expecting convictions and arrests to be effective deterrents immediately is not practical. At the same time, unfortunately women would have to just avoid taking public transport beyond certain hours. It's not ideal, but you can't change such a deep malaise overnight. However, in this case the girl was with a male and this thing still happened.
I spoke with someone who has domestic violence case in delhi against her husband. court cant give her money, justice or anything. She usually goes to court at 9 AM and then gets to see the judge at 4 or even later and that too for 5 mins. So in this case u can see the justice, the professionalism , the sarkar and plight of women.

This is less likely to be done by some AmirZaade , looks like a typical gangwork of a Yadav-kumar -Verma -Jha migrant group from the official gutter of India . Incidents like these are increasing in Mumbai as well , mostly done by the same Bimaru people . MC apni biwiyo ko gaav chodkar aate hai aur shehro main awaragardi karte hai .
No its not specific to a class or caste, Rich people beat up their wives at home, poor in jhonpdas .. ameer rape in cars and farm houses and poor in parks and buses

i always had a better picture of Delhiites.. they cant sweep this under the rug and stay silent. I had imagine Delhi gals to be brave, bold, bindas type.. and i think they still exist.. and those are the ones gotta come out with vengance and take the city back... Facebook and twitter are the powerful tools... Akku and whoever is living in Delhi.. you guys should start circulate a mesage there.. If you guys let this situation slip then it will be too late down the line and many more victims..

In summation: Another girl gets molested in Delhi. Delhi-ites dont find it outrageous, and ask women to be pragmatic as the solution. Finger pointing goes towards Politicians, Cops, Male chauvinism, and in case of one moron Bimaru state(s) All is well. :yay:

You have a very fair point about male chauvinism in the Delhi NCR area and how it is generally engrained in the male child since birth. The chaps who do this are almost always from a certain background too. Rural jats, Western UPites that kind. In fact that was a bit of a culture shock to me when I visited Delhi for the first time. Coming from Bihar, and most of Eastern India is like this, I was a bit taken aback as to how most temples were built around Ram, Shiva, Bajrang Bali, Krishna as the theme. In East you will see equal sprinkling of Durga, Kaali etc. Personally for me the biggest festival as a kid was Basant Panchmi (Saraswati Puja) & Dusshera (Durga Puja). I know that is oversimplifying but it is easy to be carried away in the whole male chauvinism if you are taught day in and out how you are superior to woman. Sadly I have also seen this in the women of the area who concede they are 2nd to men. You would be hard pressed to do that to a Biharan, or Bengalan.

In summation: Another girl gets molested in Delhi. Delhi-ites dont find it outrageous, and ask women to be pragmatic as the solution. Finger pointing goes towards Politicians, Cops, Male chauvinism, and in case of one moron Bimaru state(s) All is well. :yay:
and your suggestion is to beat the crap out of men who assault the women but please tell us how can people start this exercise and what protects a common man from getting his ass kicked or getting killed for doing this gustakhi ?

Thats violence from their own relatives and husbands. Thats a huge part of culture and a different point all-together. Lurker's point still stands' date=' these same women will not tolerate abuse from an unknown person[/quote'] But then shouldnt Biharis be upset and they should be taking all action and become singham and what not .. basically thats what Lurker;s suggestion , right ?

Thats violence from their own relatives and husbands. Thats a huge part of culture and a different point all-together. Lurker's point still stands' date=' these same women will not tolerate abuse from an unknown person[/quote'] 30% of Delhi population consists of Eastern Upites and Bihari's ,If these people respect women so much or there women don't take abuse then why can't they change Delhi's culture? Crime in Delhi NCR is increasing and people of entire Hindi belt are responsible for it as Delhi is the city of migrants

For sure, these problems are more in Delhi,UP and Bihar. Really cannot pinpoint the cause. Is the Patriarchal nature of the societies or the law and order (or the lack of it)? I feel in Delhi/UP the problem is more ethnic (Jats,Gujjars) while in Bihar the issue is Law and Order related.

30% of Delhi population consists of Eastern Upites and Bihari's ,If these people respect women so much or there women don't take abuse then why can't they change Delhi's culture? Crime in Delhi NCR is increasing and people of entire Hindi belt are responsible for it as Delhi is the city of migrants
Well it cant be both things. On the one hand people claim that these criminals are influential people hence they dont fear the police, on the other hand they calam they are poor immigrants? BTW Kolkata has one of the highest influx of biharis and UPietes and crime against women was never an issue there (Still is one of the lowest in the country). Even mumbai have good number of biharis. blaming outsiders is a very convinient thing to do. Maybe its partly because of the place's culture? For example, if the same guy tries to harass a woman in Kolkata, the general public will thrash him up. On the other hand, in Delhi, the general public might join in the fun

Well it cant be both things. On the one hand people claim that these criminals are influential people hence they dont fear the police, on the other hand they calam they are poor immigrants? BTW Kolkata has one of the highest influx of biharis and UPietes and crime against women was never an issue there (Still is one of the lowest in the country). Even mumbai have good number of biharis. blaming outsiders is a very convinient thing to do. Maybe its partly because of the place's culture? For example, if the same guy tries to harass a woman in Kolkata, the general public will thrash him up. On the other hand, in Delhi, the general public might join in the fun
Just gave an example - I have seen this on numerous occasions. People drunk in power and chewtiyapa.

Mumbai main kachra faila rakha hai bihariyo ne , there is a reason why it is easier for Thackerays to incite public against them . Bihari migrants = Pakistanis in England .....menace everywhere . 10-10 bacho ki to enki ek choti family hoti hai , fir kya bhej dete hai apni choti bihari army ke ek ek member ko Delhi , Mumbai , Punjab main kachra failane ke liye . Enka growth rate dekh kar hi andaza laga lo ki Aurato ki kya aukat hai enke samaz main , sale aurato ko bacha paida karne wali machine bana rakha hai aaye bade cultured .

and your suggestion is to beat the crap out of men who assault the women but please tell us how can people start this exercise and what protects a common man from getting his ass kicked or getting killed for doing this gustakhi ?
You are making it sound as if that is the wrong thing to do! I gave you a simple example of 7 lakh girls going to school on bicycle. Compared to Delhi where most girls on cycle cover their faces with dupatta. Instead of understanding, and possibly accepting, how bad the situation is you are having a go at me lol. Waise you have more stake in the rape-capital of India, so have it ur way :winky:

But then shouldnt Biharis be upset and they should be taking all action and become singham and what not .. basically thats what Lurker;s suggestion ' date=' right ?[/quote'] Yeah. Now have a go at migrants for not saving your city :beee: :bootyshake::bootyshake:

There can not be a worse assessment really. The capital of India is so unsafe for women that they are supposed to be under a curfew on when to go out, and which bus to catch?
+1 How on earth are people blaming the victims here is beyond me? To blame the victim is a sign of defeat. It's like we agree now that the situation cannot be salvaged.

You are making it sound as if that is the wrong thing to do! I gave you a simple example of 7 lakh girls going to school on bicycle. Compared to Delhi where most girls on cycle cover their faces with dupatta. Instead of understanding, and possibly accepting, how bad the situation is you are having a go at me lol. Waise you have more stake in the rape-capital of India, so have it ur way :winky:
Im not against people trying to protect the victim and if it even takes killing the attacker then so be it but you have missed the part of my post where I have mentioned why people are hesitant in helping others. PS: Bihar's law and order situation is world famous so lets leave it there.