Delhi Gangrape | Four accused sentenced to death

Tiger80

Whose story is one sided here ? the people who rape and beat up women ? What stories, please tell me ? You are the one who said stuff about Amir's personal life and I havent told ANY stories. I spoke about numbers and they are govt of India numbers
Nowhere you are talking with numbers. You just talking about isolated incidents or looking at emotional aspects. Go to NCRB website and spend sometime in going through the data. http://ncrb.nic.in/ Some of the sample numbers I am providing you here. Number of murders in India in 2011 - 35123. Male Victim - 25746 Female Victim - 9377. A male is almost 3 times more likely to be murdered than a female. Suicide Ratio in India - Distribution of suicides by causes and sex during 2011 is presented in Table?(G). The overall male: female ratio of suicide victims for the year 2011 was 64.8:35.2 represent a marginal decrease of male and marginal increase of female ratio as compared to year 2010. A male is almost 2 times more likely to commit suicide than a female in India.
And your point is ? When did I say that only women suffer ? but its also true that everyday many women go to women's cell and are scared when it gets late in the day cuz her in laws are waiting outside for her. And no, its not a story from Amir khan's show .. I know about it cuz my family members saw it happen. This poor girl was beaten up, without sandals and the cops did nothing. I have seen few cases from very close but they are personal matter so I wont get into details but trust me things are pretty bad for women and yes there are some women who make it bad for men too and yes laws are ****ed but they are really messed up for women too.
They get messed up for women as women start using these laws to settle their scores. Some minor insenstivity of husband is reported as the case of dowry harrassment. The number of crimes reported in category of "cruelty and harrassment by husnabds" were second highest after the number of cases reported in Theft. In 95% of such cases chargesheet was filed, yet conviction rate was lowest among the major categories, as most of these cases are extortion attempts.
I dont know why you get upset and charged up, its not like im blaming all the men for this but yes in our society women suffer a lot and some men too. The laws are messed up and are not even applied and even the one which you have highlighted is not usually enforced and the problem is with the law enforcement not with people who want more rights, a right to send your in laws to jail if they physically harmed is not unfair but when its not applied correctly then its flawed. If police and courts did their job then there wouldnt be a need for ANY special law.
That is a stereotype paddled by selfish people like Aamir Khan who wants to project themselves as Messiah. The numbers which I posted above were shared with Aamir Khan by some of the NGOs but he decided not to show those numbers as it would have reduced appeal of his program. Your example of in-laws being sent to jail is laughable if you were aware of ground realities. In 498a, relatives who haven't even seen wife have been sent to jail forget about assaulting wife physically. In India Kasab's sister would be treated more respect than the sister of the person whose wife has wrongly accused him of dowry harrassment.
The numbers and the stories were real, he didnt show the plight of hundreds of men who have also suffered but that doesnt mean women are not suffering in India.
It was his responsibility to show complete picture not the jaundiced view. Wasn't it? It is more criminal in nature considering the fact he was provided those numbers. I am trying to condone crimes against women. I am against sensationalization of these crimes. A crime is a crime, no matter which gender,race,caste it has been committed against.

^ "Number of murders in India in 2011 - 35123. Male Victim - 25746 Female Victim - 9377. A male is almost 3 times more likely to be murdered than a female." I don't understand why you are citing this?
Was in argument with Desi who is trying to say in India women suffer more crime than men.

Sick really . Cant believe some people actually consider Kolkata a safer place. Things have changed a lot in last few years. Forget 10 pm I am not even going to encourage a girl travelling alone to board an empty bus even at 8 pm in Kolkata.

Cannot generalize. From eve teasing to rapes there have been good number of local people involved . Even kids ageing around 15-16 here are involved in eve teasing. Some people close to me have experienced them. Some incidents of eve teasing to my knowledge have taken place when the girl was near around her home. Kolkata has been degrading every day thanks to Didi.

Was in argument with Desi who is trying to say in India women suffer more crime than men.
The crucial difference is that with men it's something personal. Men behave like *******s with other men, get killed. Killed because you stole someone's cow, built on his land, kicked his bike, cheated him on a business deal, stepped on his foot, hid some cards while playing rummy, asked him for his ticket on a train, hurt his ego etc. Etc. But you will never get killed BECAUSE you are a man. Big difference. There aren't buses trawling your city tonight waiting for you to get aboard so that the other people on the bus can murder you and toss you out. But that girl could have been any other girl and she would be raped simply because she was a girl. Every time you read a news item of a man murdered, you don't think, "that could so easily have been me!"

Cannot generalize. From eve teasing to rapes there have been good number of local people involved . Even kids ageing around 15-16 here are involved in eve teasing. Some people close to me have experienced them. Some incidents of eve teasing to my knowledge have taken place when the girl was near around her home. Kolkata has been degrading every day thanks to Didi.
Local para club walas are involved yes.But a majority are migrants. Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk 2

Local para club walas are involved yes.But a majority are migrants. Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk 2
Please prove this. I cannot believe people are using this opportunity to drive their agenda against immigrants without any proof that in majority of such cases immigrants are involved at all. Shows their cheap mentality of passing the buck and as long as such people exisit, Delhi is never going to be safe And Andy, yes crime is on the rise in Kolkata, but its one of the safest places for women in India

I have myself also listed social and economic reasons too but if some says that it only happens in Delhi then they are mistaken. Also if you think Bihar and Maharashtra dont have law and order problems then you are mistaken
Delhi has a much, much higher rate of **** and molestation than any place in India. This is a fact. Delhi alone saw more rapes than the combined population of all other metros. That is a fact. Such things happen at a dispropotionate rate only in Delhi. So yes, its clearly Delhi which is the problem and nothign else

I agree with MTC its wrong to entirely blame the migrants. The Top ****s I have seen in the city have been mostly local people. The migrants still have the fear of getting beaten up by the locals if they do something wrong except in some places like chandni chowk , esplanade, kamarhati. The local dadas fear no one.

The crucial difference is that with men it's something personal. Men behave like *******s with other men' date=' get killed. [b']Killed because you stole someone's cow, built on his land, kicked his bike, cheated him on a business deal, stepped on his foot, hid some cards while playing rummy, asked him for his ticket on a train, hurt his ego etc. Etc.
So, you are trying to say that no innocent males are killed in this country? Only if they are involved in some mischief they are killed. At least your examples seem to suggest so. I tell you one similar example. Some local guy took away your cow by force. Now who will go that local guy to demand back that cow? Honestly speaking in how many cases you see a female going to that person to argue about that cow? What if that locat guy shoots during argument? Another example, you are going with your sister somewhere. Somebody snatches your sister purse and runs away. Who'll go after that thief? You or your sister? What if that thief retaliates and hurts you? didn't you get hurt because you were a male and suposed to be protector. I tell you, in society male is supposed to be doing certain thing without any kind of complaining and if in process he is attacked, it is not taken as a crime against male. This is very much inherent in out thinking. Why so many farmers (male) commit suicide when they fail to get enough crop or can't get rid of debts? Because as male they are supposed to be responsible for family. Why in property disputes always male gets killed, even if they are fighting for the property for welfare of whole family? Ain't all these things happen to them because they are male?
But you will never get killed BECAUSE you are a man. Big difference.
Already answered.
There aren't buses trawling your city tonight waiting for you to get aboard so that the other people on the bus can murder you and toss you out. But that girl could have been any other girl and she would be raped simply because she was a girl. Every time you read a news item of a man murdered, you don't think, "that could so easily have been me!"
Haven't you heard of cases where robbers will rob money from innocent persons and will kill them in buses or other isolated places. An unsafe society is unsafe for all - be it male or female.

Ok' date=' for all those mentioning 11pm, The couple got into the bus at [b']9 pm. From a major urban area in Delhi near a mall
doesnt matter 9pm ya 11pm??? all this couldve been avoided if they just boarded a public bus or any other public transport (metro, auto, taxi) rather than getting on an off duty pvt bus. again am not defending Delhi or the rapists, all am saying is it was not a good idea. Like PK said ki maybe i wouldnt think twice using public transport at 2am in mumbai, but this is delhi!! This whole 'with a male companion' thing is stupid, ek aadmi saath hone se kya hogaya ?? the infamous public molestation case in mumbai was also in the presence of her 'comapanion', so was that incident where a girls skirt was ripped off at gateway of india ?? and since the time factor is so important to you,there is NOWAY they got into the bus at 9 if the reports say the movie got over at 8

The crucial difference is that with men it's something personal. Men behave like *******s with other men, get killed. Killed because you stole someone's cow, built on his land, kicked his bike, cheated him on a business deal, stepped on his foot, hid some cards while playing rummy, asked him for his ticket on a train, hurt his ego etc. Etc. But you will never get killed BECAUSE you are a man. Big difference. There aren't buses trawling your city tonight waiting for you to get aboard so that the other people on the bus can murder you and toss you out. But that girl could have been any other girl and she would be raped simply because she was a girl. Every time you read a news item of a man murdered, you don't think, "that could so easily have been me!"
Best way to put it. :two_thumbs_up: