Sweet: imagine this happening for instance in UK

Guest dada_rocks

On the flip side , you should be happy at the fact that UAE does not encourage Islamic extremism and Talibanism. Why no comment on that ? But I see your point though and it is a valid one. But , In all fairness, similar thread was started in Pakpassion and most posters blasted the Arabs and their racist tendency towards Pakistanis.Some of them did express your sentiment also.

Guest dada_rocks

There are two things though: these guys wud happily fund a talibani camp in pakistan or afghanistan but giving them playing field in their own house is big nooooo.. reason their power might be threatend and nobody likes to see mayhem in his/her own house..

If I remember correctly, Taliban was recognised by 3 countries. Pakistan, UAE and either Oman or Saudi Arabia. After 9/11, all of them distanced themselves. Taliban was more of Sunnis, and that is the reason for their support. Now, UAE might be against Taliban because of American influence, but before 9/11, they had their hands around Taliban. . But before 9/11, even America had a blind eye on Taliban.

If I remember correctly' date=' Taliban was recognised by 3 countries. Pakistan, UAE and either Oman or Saudi Arabia. After 9/11, all of them distanced themselves. Taliban was more of Sunnis, and that is the reason for their support. Now, UAE might be against Taliban because of American influence, but before 9/11, they had their hands around Taliban. . But before 9/11, even America had a blind eye on Taliban.[/quote'] Forget Blind eye , they aided the Taliban against Northern Alliance !